PDA

View Full Version : EZ Go won't charge.

lwvdude
05-04-2012, 09:53 PM
I have 4 year old batteries, didn't use the cart for a couple months, now it won't charge. I disconnected all the cables and I charged all 6 batteries individually with a 6 volt car charger. All but one took a full charge, that weird one only took a 25% charge. What's happening? Should it charge up now with the regular cart battery charger? Thanks in advance.

Frank7
05-05-2012, 02:25 PM
When the batteries sit without charging the voltage drops below the chargers start up range. You did good charging the batteries individually.
Now the one that is failing to charge, check the voltage with a meter and than check the cells with a hydrometer. Those tests should prove that the battery is not usable.
Base your option of battery replacement on the readings of both test. If the specific gravity is weak on most of the batteries after four years your batteries have run there course and will fail one at a time in the near future.

Contrary to SOME opinions it is not prudent to replace one bad battery with five four year old batteries because after the charge cycle completes and the charger shuts down the new battery will drain down to the level of the groupe.

This is the science of it, not a wives tail.

Frank7
05-05-2012, 03:45 PM
I am not in charge of deleeting post, admin wants only frank7 to reply to the questions asked, if you have comments about my answers please send private message to frank7

Frank7
05-05-2012, 03:51 PM
I have my bathing suit on (lets do it)

scroll
05-05-2012, 03:55 PM
Frank7, I will bring the drinks got to be margaritias (SP?) do you want regular or strawberry???

Frank7
05-05-2012, 03:57 PM
Strawberry w/salt

graciegirl
05-05-2012, 05:53 PM
Frank is the expert on this forum with golf carts because that is his business and he knows the ins and outs of golf carts well. This is a forum for the expert (only) to reply. There is one for a lawyer too.

No need to feel bad, Jimbo, you aren't the first to think it was just like the other forums and chime in.

Thank you Frank for your expertise. You all havin' a swimmin' party?

jimbo2012
05-05-2012, 06:02 PM
Well then there should be a "sticky" explaining that, rather then clipping posts without an explanation.

Agree?

05-05-2012, 06:10 PM
That's correct Jimbo.... One of the other Mods picked up on that earlier today and notified the admin so he can rectify it. An oversight, as there is such a sticky post on the other expert forums. Sorry for the confusion.

The "all about golf carts" forum is a general question and answer space where anyone can offer their opinion or experiences.

Thanks, Frank, for being good humored.

For now, we will close this thread as the question has been asked and answered.