PDA

View Full Version : Do you think that there will be a Triple Crown Winner this year?

Taltarzac725
06-02-2012, 11:15 AM
I sure hope that I'll Have Another puts an end to the 34 year old drought in Triple Crown winners.

That's also a great name for a Triple Crown winner.

Midge538
06-02-2012, 12:16 PM
Hope that 'I'll Have Another' That's a great name for a Triple Crown winner.

I heard he was named after his real love for 'milkshakes.'

Yes, it would be great for the sport to once again have a Triple Crown winner. It would then be fun to see him in Saratoga in August.

jimbo2012
06-02-2012, 12:19 PM
I think his performance in the Preakness showed he's capable.

Boidemister I think opted out of the Belmont

It has also to with which horses are competing and their recent conditions of races they've run.

This is a long race, he shipped in very early and has plenty of time to get used to the surface and surroundings.

He should be relaxed and ready.

asianthree
06-02-2012, 01:12 PM
As coming from a KY up bringing a Triple would be great but have to admit coming from old fashion horse names the name it going to look funny on that crown

gmcneill
06-02-2012, 03:44 PM
The horse is named on honor of the owner's usual response to his wife's offer of cookies.

The trainer is doing some things right by getting the horse to Belmont early, and the jockey some one-one strategy meetings with hall of fame jockeys who have ridden in the Belmont, and by having the jockey get some mounts in order to learn the nuances of the track. His training regimen is atypical, going with gallops instead of more formal workouts; makes for an interesting wrinkle.

Disappointing Derby competitors Dullahan an Union Rags figure to have a better outing, thus keeping the quality pressure on in Bodemeister's absence.

kathy and al
06-04-2012, 09:55 AM
2012 Belmont Stakes possible starters (as of Mon. 6/4):
Horse Trainer Jockey Approx. Odds

Atigun K. McPeek J. Leparoux 30-1

Dullahan D. Romans J. Castellano 5-1

Five Sixteen D. Schettino R. Napravnik 50-1

Guyana Star Dweej D. Shivmanagal undecided 50-1

I'll Have Another D. O'Neill M. Gutirrez 3-5

Optimizer D. Lukas C. Nakatani 30-1

Paynter B. Baffert M. Smith 8-1

Ravelo's Boy M. Azpurua A. Solis 50-1

Street Life C. Brown J. Lezcano 15-1

Union Rags M. Matz J. Velasquez 6-1

Unstoppable U K. McPeek J. Alvarado 30-1

This race will be a true test of a champion. I'll Have Another will be asked to go 1 1/2 miles on Saturday after completing the Kentucky Derby and Preakness and all within a space of 5 weeks. Not an easy accomplishment especially in light of the fact that these babies have never run this far in their lives and, in all likelyhood, will never run 1 1/2 miles ever again in their racing careers. I think most would love to see a Triple Crown champion but not sure it can be pulled off this year as has been the case for the last 34 years. It will surely be an ineresting race to watch but for the I'll Have Another fans-a tough race-even for a probable 3/5 favorite.

jimbo2012
06-04-2012, 10:26 AM
Atigun - last ran a opt claimer beyer only 89???

Dullahan - 4 tries to break maiden? but developed nice afterwards, a real contender 3rd in the Derby

Five Sixteen - only won alw beyer 78???

Guyana Star alw beyer 84???

I'll Have Another Beyer 109

Optimizer - beyer 91, 6th Preakness 11th derby 2nd Rebel?

Paynter - 5/19 alw beyer 106!!

Ravelo's Boy - ran stakes 4th & 5th beyer only 80??

Street Life - 3rd Peter Pan Beyer 93, 6th Wood

Union Rags - beyer consistent 90's, 7th Derby, 3rd Fl Derby skipped Preakness?

Unstoppable - beyer 82 opt claimer????

On paper he should do it if he can take the 3 hard races in row,

but 3 others will be trying, I will try and be there.

Taltarzac725
06-04-2012, 11:37 AM
Beyer Speed Figure - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beyer_Speed_Figure)

Daily Racing Form: DRF Exclusive: Beyer Numbers (http://www1.drf.com/products/beyers/beyers.html)

kathy and al
06-04-2012, 12:15 PM
At Gulfstream Park in the mid 90's the talk of the club house was always that Andy Beyer was going to the ATM machine again to replenish his losses at the window. He apparently had trouble applying his own system in the wagering process and lost lots of bucks on a daily basis. Today I personally take Beyer figures with a grain of salt and prefer my own handicapping strategies and although I have had my losing days at the windows(as we all have), I still can say that I have many profitable ones. I know many who would put the Beyer figures first and foremost in their handicapping techniques. Fortunately I am not one of those. I'm ready for the negative feedback.

jimbo2012
06-04-2012, 12:31 PM
Kathy It's just a tool, I use the Rags (Len Ragozin's The Sheets) with greater interest.

Do U use them?

kathy and al
06-04-2012, 02:53 PM
Jimbo:
In the past I have found the Ragozin Sheets to be a much better tool than the Beyers.
Just my personal preference and obviously yours too. Glad to hear that all is well with WOTW.

Rubber Bucket
06-04-2012, 03:35 PM
I was at the Kentucky Derby this year and won $1000 on a $60 bet on I'll Have Another. Love that horse! Hope that he makes it a Triple Crown for him.

Biker Dog
06-08-2012, 10:45 AM
I'll Have Another was just pulled from the Belmount. Bad leg is the reason.

mrdills
06-08-2012, 11:17 AM
" I'll Have Another" will not run, another triple crown winner bits the dust...........

Taltarzac725
06-08-2012, 11:23 AM
" I'll Have Another" will not run, another triple crown winner bits the dust...........

Better to save the horse than force him to run. I'll Have Another Out Of Belmont: Doug O'Neill Reveals Triple Crown Bid Is Over During Dan Patrick Show (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/08/ill-have-another-out-belmont-triple-crown_n_1581050.html?1339170178&icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-main-bb%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D168268)

jimbo2012
06-08-2012, 11:24 AM
That's horse racing, at least they saved him from serious injury in the race.