PDA

View Full Version : New modern western called Longmire coming to A&E Sunday June 3, 2012, 9.p.m.

Taltarzac725
06-02-2012, 03:08 PM
Longmire (TV Series 2012) - IMDb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1836037/)

For us old westerns fans, this new show could be a treat. It is called Longmire. Its based on the novels of Craig Johnson.

zcaveman
06-02-2012, 03:33 PM
I already have it programmed into the DVR!

I enjoyed Hell on Wheels although I don't expect Longmire to be that graphic.

zcaveman
06-07-2012, 10:16 AM
Longmire was not that bad. I will have to give it a couple of more weeks before I do a yea or nay on it.

wilkinsm1
06-07-2012, 10:37 AM
We watched it and liked it.....sort of a Western Jesse Stone....if that is the name of Tom Selleck's sheriff.

DaleMN
06-07-2012, 12:07 PM
Watched the first episode....will be my last.

jimbo2012
06-07-2012, 12:20 PM
It was ok if nothing else on

jblum315
06-07-2012, 12:55 PM
Just OK - didn't really hold my interest. I fell asleep.

RichieLion
06-07-2012, 01:00 PM
I watched part of it because I love westerns. I've got to watch the end of the pilot episode, though. I thought they could have been more clear on the characters, but overall I liked the no nonsense, soft talking, short conversational troubled sheriff, Longmire.

I guess he's a man who's been mourning the death of his beloved wife for a year, and because of that, he disconnected from his life and is in danger of losing his sheriff's job to an eager, if unqualified deputy who's running against him for the position.

The beautiful blonde Cylon from Battlestar Galactica is cast as a former Philadelphia homicide cop relocated to scenic Wyoming and who evidently has a bit of a crush on the repressed Longmire. She's quick to jump to his defense when needed.

I'll DVR it and give it a few weeks to develop, but on first glance I like the whole Americana of it.

Taltarzac725
06-07-2012, 01:05 PM
I watched part of it because I love westerns. I've got to watch the end of the pilot episode, though. I thought they could have been more clear on the characters, but overall I liked the no nonsense, soft talking, short conversational troubled sheriff, Longmire.

I guess he's a man who's been mourning the death of his beloved wife for a year, and because of that, he disconnected from his life and is in danger of losing his sheriff's job to an eager, if unqualified deputy who's running against him for the position.

The beautiful blonde Cylon from Battlestar Galactica is cast as a former Philadelphia homicide cop relocated to scenic Wyoming and who evidently has a bit of a crush on the repressed Longmire. She's quick to jump to his defense when needed.

I'll DVR it and give it a few weeks to develop, but on first glance I like the whole Americana of it.

I agree. I like it. The actor playing the deputy challenging Longmire for Sheriff looks very familiar too.

RichieLion
06-07-2012, 02:03 PM
I agree. I like it. The actor playing the deputy challenging Longmire for Sheriff looks very familiar too.

The aspiring sheriff is actor Baily Chase. You might have seen him on TNT's Saving Grace with Holly Hunter, or on FX's Damages with Glen Close.

Taltarzac725
06-07-2012, 02:41 PM
The aspiring sheriff is actor Baily Chase. You might have seen him on TNT's Saving Grace with Holly Hunter, or on FX's Damages with Glen Close.

Yes, I saw him on Saving Grace. Strange television series.

er9027
06-07-2012, 03:55 PM
My wife and I liked it. We shall see after 3 or 4 episodes.:coolsmiley:

Taltarzac725
06-11-2012, 02:44 PM
2nd episode of Longmire was interesting. I'll keep watching the series.

jblum315
06-11-2012, 06:42 PM
I thought Sunday's episode of Longmire was much more interesting than the first one. I think I'm hooked now.

uujudy
06-11-2012, 06:56 PM
I liked them both! I think this new series is good (if you like murder mysteries), occasionally humorous, and the characters are likeable -- and they're not too pretty! The scene with the hunter coming out of the trailer in his underpants is burned on my retinas. :laugh:

uujudy
06-11-2012, 07:12 PM
We watched it and liked it.....sort of a Western Jesse Stone....if that is the name of Tom Selleck's sheriff.

Wilkinsm, I thought the same thing -- except I thought that Longmire had more humor in it. I love Tom Selleck, but his Jesse Stone series was sooooo morose, didn't you think? Same with Blue Bloods.

Tal, when you said it was a 'Western' I wasn't interested, but after watching it I found that it reminds me of Utah, but in a good way. :icon_wink:

er9027
06-11-2012, 07:19 PM
We still enjoyed the show! Some corny spots...like the POLE dancing but still ok...