PDA

View Full Version : Best television for sunny lanai

rodie
06-03-2012, 06:40 PM
We are thinking about putting a tv on our lanai but are worried about the sun glare on the screen. What kind of tv would be best for this situation?

BobKat1
06-03-2012, 06:48 PM
We are thinking about putting a tv on our lanai but are worried about the sun glare on the screen. What kind of tv would be best for this situation?

LED TV's are generally considerd the best option for bright environments due to their bright picture. Consumer Reports etc. always mention them for this benefit.

BobKat1
06-03-2012, 06:50 PM
LED TV's are generally considerd the best option for bright environments due to their bright picture. Consumer Reports etc. always mention them for this benefit.

There is less reflection off their screens too.

quirky3
06-03-2012, 07:18 PM
A quiet TV would be best! :icon_wink:

batman911
06-03-2012, 08:54 PM
One that can support wireless headphones would be best if you like your neighbors.

asianthree
06-03-2012, 08:59 PM
One that can support wireless headphones would be best if you like your neighbors.

:1rotfl:

RedChariot
06-03-2012, 10:45 PM
I feel sorry for your neighbors. With all due respect, I hope you're not moving next to or behind me. No barking dogs either or loud music. I like quiet. I'm getting worried. I hope we made the right decision in buying here.

PaPaLarry
06-04-2012, 05:45 AM
I feel sorry for your neighbors. With all due respect, I hope you're not moving next to or behind me. No barking dogs either or loud music. I like quiet. I'm getting worried. I hope we made the right decision in buying here. If your worried about someones TV, then I think you should really consider mov'n back. We all live close together, but most everyone respects each other!! But then again, everyone has a right to own opinion!!:grumpy:chilout:shrug::clap2:

cathyw
06-04-2012, 07:22 AM
We just moved to a CYV. Love the privacy. It is so peaceful and quiet. Lots of trees and flowers and beautiful birds singing. Love to sit outside, look at the stars and listen to the birds. I would be sad if my neighbors decided to install a TV on the lanai.

tommy steam
06-04-2012, 07:29 AM

A book might be a better option.:jester:

jblum315
06-04-2012, 07:58 AM
I had a TV on my lanai for a while until it disintegrated due to dampness.

BobKat1
06-04-2012, 08:35 AM
They do make TV specifically for outdoor use, but as you can imagine they are VERY expensive.