PDA

View Full Version : Download Pictures

haroldv6199
06-05-2012, 07:08 AM
I've posted my pictures to EBay and Craigs list, but I follow all the steps for posting here, and nothing will work. I click on "Manage Attachments", Browse my pictures, open the correct picture, then close the box as directed and finally click on "Save Changes", but I can't get the pictures. Has anyone fouind a solution to this problem?
Thanks to anyone who can help.

jimbo2012
06-05-2012, 07:52 AM
check your image size it's likely to big & needs to be reduced

CaptJohn
06-05-2012, 12:02 PM
It may be that you're a newbie and some forums require 10 posts before allowing pictures to be posted. I can't remember if this is one of those or not.
Anyway.......
:welcome: to TOTV.

graciegirl
06-21-2012, 11:11 AM
I've posted my pictures to EBay and Craigs list, but I follow all the steps for posting here, and nothing will work. I click on "Manage Attachments", Browse my pictures, open the correct picture, then close the box as directed and finally click on "Save Changes", but I can't get the pictures. Has anyone fouind a solution to this problem?
Thanks to anyone who can help.

I can't post pictues either anymore.

TOTV Team
06-21-2012, 04:32 PM
If anyone who is having an issue posting wants to PM us we can assist.

Midge538
06-22-2012, 01:24 PM
This worked for me:

1) Go to Photobucket.com and sign up for a free account.

2) In the "My Home" tab of Photobucket, click on "Upload Images & Videos" (use your Control key to select multiple photos to upload)

3) When the file(s) finishes uploading, you will be automatically taken to a page where you may add an "album" in which to store you photo(s) and give the photo(s) a title, description and tag. All of these choices are optional. You may do any and all of these things as you wish.

4) Double click on any photo to select it.

5) Place your mouse on the photo. This will make visible a menu of choices at the top of the photo.

6) Select the third menu item, "resize." This will bring up a drop down menu. Select the third choice "large (640 x 480)"

7) Optional: if you want to make any other edits to the photo, hit the second menu item "edit" and you'll have all kinds of choices such as cropping, red eye reduction, rotating, etc.

8) When you are done resizing the photo and making any other optional edits, go to the left side of the screen and under the heading "Share this image" single click inside the box that is labeled IMG Code. When you click inside this box, a yellow box will appear that says "copied".

9) Now, go to the thread where you want to post the picture and hit "submit reply" (or start a new thread in the proper forum if you prefer).

10) Type in any intro comments and then drop down a line (enter key), right click and choose "paste". This will paste the code you copied in step 8. Now you won't see the photo, you will just see the code.

11) Optional: type a caption under the photo, if you would like.

12) Optional: hit "preview post" to see the actual photo instead of just the code.

13) Hit "submit reply" and be sure to smile ... and you're done.

Note: Whatever you do, do not skip step 6 or your photo will come out huge

Bill-n-Brillo
06-22-2012, 01:47 PM
I can't post pictues either anymore.

If you're using the "Attachment" thing to post pictures, remember to look at the red and green bar - the "Sum of all attachments owned by Graciegirl" at the top of the page after you click on the paperclip ('Attachments') icon. If I hover the cursor over the green part of the bar for me, it says Max Attachment Storage is 244.1 kb. If your red bar runs almost completely across the top or your "Sum" is close to that, there's your problem. Or as has been stated, it could be that you're trying to post a picture with too large a file size - max file sizes are noted at the bottom of the Manage Attachments page by each file type. You'll have to reduce the resolution of the picture (via some other kind of software) to get the file size down within the limit.

Hope that helps!!

Bill :)

KEVIN & JOSIE
06-22-2012, 02:49 PM
Just wondering why all the photos need to be resized to post? I never have a problem sending them as is on craigslist, or e-mail as attachments.

jimbo2012
06-22-2012, 02:55 PM
When setting the forum parameters the admin has a choice they could do them full size but would then need a bigger server which is more expensive, so all forums set a size limitation to save server space & $$$.

It's east to do on FF just right click and Rezize

zcaveman
06-22-2012, 07:51 PM
If you're using the "Attachment" thing to post pictures, remember to look at the red and green bar - the "Sum of all attachments owned by Graciegirl" at the top of the page after you click on the paperclip ('Attachments') icon. If I hover the cursor over the green part of the bar for me, it says Max Attachment Storage is 244.1 kb. If your red bar runs almost completely across the top or your "Sum" is close to that, there's your problem. Or as has been stated, it could be that you're trying to post a picture with too large a file size - max file sizes are noted at the bottom of the Manage Attachments page by each file type. You'll have to reduce the resolution of the picture (via some other kind of software) to get the file size down within the limit.

Hope that helps!!

I don't see a red or green bar at the top of the page after I click on the paper clip. I know I have done attachments. Do I need to do something to activate the bar?

Bill-n-Brillo
06-22-2012, 08:12 PM
I don't see a red or green bar at the top of the page after I click on the paper clip. I know I have done attachments. Do I need to do something to activate the bar?

Do you see "Sum of all attachments owned by zcaveman" at the top after you click the paper clip?