PDA

View Full Version : The Beatlemaniacs of the Villages

Dr Winston O Boogie jr
06-06-2012, 03:07 PM
If you are interested in this please shoot me an e-mail at winstonoboogiejr@yahoo.com with your name, address, phone number and e-mail address. An interest survey will appear in the Recreation News on June 21 and June 28 but you don't have to wait until then.
We are thinking of meeting in the evening from 7-9pm but don't have a definite time or day of the week as of yet. Please let me know if another time works better for you.

Beatlemaniacs of the Villages

Purpose of the group:
* To exchange knowledge and information about the , music,
history and trivia of The Beatles and the 1960s.
* To examine and discuss the details of The Beatles music.
* To enjoy the company of other Villages residents who are fans
of The Beatles
* To join in playing and/or singing Beatles music.
* To view various videos of the bands movies, interviews and
live performances
* Listen to performances of Beatles related music by members
of the club
* Perform for other Villages groups

Requirements for membership:
* Residence in The Villages
* Be a fan of the Beatles
* Members do not have to be able to play a musical instrument
or sing. Musicians and vocalists are, of course, welcome and
encouraged to join and bring their instruments to meetings.
* Non musical members can, of course, join in on discussions,
enjoy listening to the musical members play Beatles’s music,
view videos and join in on singalongs

Meetings:
Meetings will be once a week for two hours. Members are encouraged to meet privately in smaller groups to work on performance of Beatles music.
Most meetings will generally have a discussion group for the first half hour to hour and then have music for the balance of the meeting.

momesu
06-06-2012, 05:28 PM
Sounds like lot of fun to me.......trivia do you know Paul McCartney's new step son attends Rollins College in Winter Park.

Dr Winston O Boogie jr
06-07-2012, 09:54 PM
Sounds like lot of fun to me.......trivia do you know Paul McCartney's new step son attends Rollins College in Winter Park.

I did not know that. Thank you.

Dr Winston O Boogie jr
06-22-2012, 05:33 PM
The notice of the interest survey appeared in the rec newspaper yesterday. So far we have 34 people who are interested in the club.

applesoffh
06-22-2012, 06:34 PM
The notice of the interest survey appeared in the rec newspaper yesterday. So far we have 34 people who are interested in the club.

Great! I believe you already have my husband's info.

momesu
06-22-2012, 07:17 PM
What page was it on? I couldn't find it, but am interested!

bandsdavis
06-22-2012, 07:32 PM
We will be there next week. I'll send a PM with my cell number

B.

Number 6
06-23-2012, 07:26 AM
So I am sitting here this morning drinking my coffee and reading a book titled, "100 Best Beatles Songs", and I wonder if 40 years from now there will be a book called, "100 Best Justin Bieber Songs"? Makes you think, no?

coralway
06-23-2012, 08:23 AM
This month in Beatle history .............. June 1961

Stuart Sutcliffe leaves The Beatles.

At the invitation of Bert Kaempfert, The Beatles (without Stuart) record eight songs with Tony Sheridan at Hamburg's Friedrich-Ebert-Halle.

bandsdavis
06-23-2012, 08:54 AM
So I am sitting here this morning drinking my coffee and reading a book titled, "100 Best Beatles Songs", and I wonder if 40 years from now there will be a book called, "100 Best Justin Bieber Songs"? Makes you think, no?

And last week we saw The Beach Boys on Good Morning America, and today we are watching Crosby Still and Nash on CBS This Morning. Just nobody around today that will have that staying power, we don't think.

Dr Winston O Boogie jr
06-23-2012, 06:53 PM
This month in Beatle history .............. June 1961

Stuart Sutcliffe leaves The Beatles.

At the invitation of Bert Kaempfert, The Beatles (without Stuart) record eight songs with Tony Sheridan at Hamburg's Friedrich-Ebert-Halle.

and don't forget June 18 was Paul McCartney's 70th birthday.

Dr Winston O Boogie jr
06-23-2012, 06:54 PM

Have you responded to the interest survey for the club? Sounds like you'd be a great addition.

Number 6
06-24-2012, 09:35 AM
Have you responded to the interest survey for the club? Sounds like you'd be a great addition.

Why yes I have.

De Lis
06-24-2012, 10:38 AM
EVERY month should be the Beach Boys month!

Dr Winston O Boogie jr
06-24-2012, 04:28 PM
EVERY month should be the Beach Boys month!

I love the Beach Boys. You should start a Beach Boys club.

2BNTV
06-24-2012, 04:38 PM
Saw the Beatles and Beach Boys on PBS last night.

Brought back great memories of song.

Dr Winston O Boogie jr
06-24-2012, 06:13 PM
Here's a little something to whet everyone's appetite.
10 Things You Didn't Know About the Beatles' Music Pictures | Rolling Stone (http://www.rollingstone.com/music/pictures/10-things-you-didnt-know-about-the-beatles-music-20120612?stop_mobi=yes)

Dr Winston O Boogie jr
07-04-2012, 08:33 AM
So far we have 44 people in the club. And I was told that I might have difficulty finding enough people in the off season.

I'll be turning in the paperwork tomorrow after which we'll be assigned a day, time and place to meet. If you're interested please e-mail me by tomorrow at winstonoboogiejr@yahoo.com

Number 6
07-06-2012, 07:20 AM
Huge day in Beatles History!

The Quarrymen perform at the Woolton Parish Church Fete. Ivan Vaughan introduces Paul to John.

Dr Winston O Boogie jr
08-02-2012, 08:59 PM
Our first meeting is tomorrow, 10:00am Friday August 3 at the Odell Center. Hope to see everyone there.

Dr Winston O Boogie jr
08-03-2012, 12:08 PM
The first meeting went very well. Twenty eight people showed up. Only about eight brought guitars but many said they would bring them to future meetings.
We watched video of the first two Ed Sullivan performances. Discussed a bit of trivia and played a bunch of Beatles song.
A splendid time was had by all.

Bruiser1
08-03-2012, 01:10 PM
Boogie if you go out today be sure to wear your Mac

Unlike the "Banker never wears his Mac in the pouring rain

Dr Winston O Boogie jr
08-03-2012, 02:02 PM
The only Mac that I have these days has a keyboard and a mouse. But maybe someday I'll visit Penny Lane and buy a Mac.