PDA

View Full Version : Old posts not removed

ladylake1
06-13-2012, 07:01 AM
All of a sudden posts that I have already reviewed are still coming up. Today I had 298 posts listed going back several days. I also got a message that there were things blocked on the site due to a certification issue. Can anyone tell me what is going on???

philnpat
06-13-2012, 08:08 AM
All of a sudden posts that I have already reviewed are still coming up. Today I had 298 posts listed going back several days. I also got a message that there were things blocked on the site due to a certification issue. Can anyone tell me what is going on???

I also had the 200+ unread messages issue too. Didn't have the certification message though. The naxt day when I logged on all was back to normal.

memason
06-13-2012, 08:11 AM
Make sure you are actually Logged In. Over the last few days, TOTV has made me login several times. This seems to be something new...

At any rate, when you are not logged in, you gets hundreds of NEW posts.

TOTV Team
06-13-2012, 08:27 AM
We will do some research into this.

njbchbum
06-13-2012, 08:35 AM
We will do some research into this.

would you also be so kind as to research why some of us get the msg 'an add-on for this website failed to run' ... if there is an add-on that i need i would like to get it!

used to get the msg on an infrequent basis - since the site has been upgraded i get it ALL THE TIME and it is annnoying. if you can find out why my 'puter does this and how to correct it i'd be most grateful.

thanx

TOTV Team
06-13-2012, 08:38 AM

1. Can you tell me when the new post issue first started please.

2. Can you provide more information on the certification issue please. An error message would be quite helpful. Also if you can provide the URL of the page it happens on that would go a long way in helping us recreate and subsequently diagnose the issue. '
'
Thanks

TOTV Team
06-13-2012, 08:42 AM
would you also be so kind as to research why some of us get the msg 'an add-on for this website failed to run' ... if there is an add-on that i need i would like to get it!

used to get the msg on an infrequent basis - since the site has been upgraded i get it ALL THE TIME and it is annnoying. if you can find out why my 'puter does this and how to correct it i'd be most grateful.

thanx

Please provide the following...

1. What browser are you using to view the site, a version number would be right helpful as well.

2. A URL of the page when this happens.

I suspect it is flash based, there is a new version of flash that was recently released and some of the advertising on the site is flash based. Hence it is asking for you to update.

I also suspect you are using Internet Explorer. Have you tried Firefox or Chrome? We find the site works better with every other browser than Internet Explorer.

Thanks

jimbo2012
06-13-2012, 09:07 AM
I think that when you hit "new posts" it only shows about 20, on other forum sites it show the new unread since last visit but also shows below them all other unread posts.

Not enough results are being displayed, this is a setting.

Also late at nite the results are being reset to show only a few posts, again a setting issue.

just my .02 cents

ladylake1
06-13-2012, 09:12 AM
1. Can you tell me when the new post issue first started please.

2. Can you provide more information on the certification issue please. An error message would be quite helpful. Also if you can provide the URL of the page it happens on that would go a long way in helping us recreate and subsequently diagnose the issue. '
'
Thanks

This is the third day I have gotten old posts. I also noticed that had to log in again but when I did they still showed up. The cert notice said something to the effec that the site cert may have expired and if I thought is was as safe site to continue. I will pay further attention next time it happens. Thanks.

ladylake1
06-13-2012, 09:13 AM
I just checked new posts and only new ones showed up.

njbchbum
06-13-2012, 12:06 PM
Please provide the following...

1. What browser are you using to view the site, a version number would be right helpful as well.

2. A URL of the page when this happens.

I suspect it is flash based, there is a new version of flash that was recently released and some of the advertising on the site is flash based. Hence it is asking for you to update.

I also suspect you are using Internet Explorer. Have you tried Firefox or Chrome? We find the site works better with every other browser than Internet Explorer.

Thanks

1. ie9
2. https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/search.php?searchid=3986010&pp=25&page=2
https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/search.php?searchid=3984658&pp=25&page=2
https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/search.php?searchid=3984658

i suspected a flash issue as well - but i updated adobe flash to the latest version tuesday 6/12 [active-x ver 11.3.300.257 same version suggested for firefox/chrome i believe]

i have not and will not use another browser because i am used to ie, do not use anything google-related, and basically do not wish to...just want to get rid of that 'add-on for website failed to run' msg if possible.

thanx for the assist.

TOTV Team
06-14-2012, 02:26 PM
i have not and will not use another browser because i am used to ie, do not use anything google-related, and basically do not wish to...just want to get rid of that 'add-on for website failed to run' msg if possible.

thanx for the assist.

The issue is due to IE9, a quick search found a lot of people having the same problem. The thing is there are just as many solutions. We recommend that you run a search for "add on for this website failed to run ie9" and try some of the solutions offered.

njbchbum
06-14-2012, 03:50 PM
The issue is due to IE9, a quick search found a lot of people having the same problem. The thing is there are just as many solutions. We recommend that you run a search for "add on for this website failed to run ie9" and try some of the solutions offered.

thanx - will do - again! apparently what i have tried so far has not worked!

jojo
06-14-2012, 08:48 PM
I use Firefox and had the problem earlier this week of all messages showing when I clicked new posts. It seems to have resolved itself today.