PDA

View Full Version : Lance Armstrong. Doper or not?

Taltarzac725
06-14-2012, 01:01 PM
Lance Armstrong fans crushed he'll miss Ironman Hawaii - latimes.com (http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-lance-armstrong-hawaii-ironman-20120614,0,149223.story)

I kind of find it hard to see that his various accusers are just doing this for spite. What's the real motive behind his many detractors though if Lance Armstrong is innocent?

bdabob
06-14-2012, 01:43 PM
The last year that Lance participated in the Tour de France, the French authorities raided his room and found 3 banned substances, soap, shampoo and deodorant!!

graciegirl
06-14-2012, 01:45 PM
The last year that Lance participated in the Tour de France, the French authorities raided his room and found 3 banned substances, soap, shampoo and deodorant!!

:a20:

Taltarzac725
06-14-2012, 02:40 PM

Suppose blood, sweat and tears is the odeur du jour for many athletes in France.

14thMed
06-14-2012, 05:39 PM
I don't know if he did or not,but he was beating admitted dopers.If he wasn't doping he must be superman. 14th

Parker
06-14-2012, 06:30 PM
...I no longer believe Lance. Used to be a big fan and watched all his races. But I believed the protestations of innocence by other top cyclers who seemed trustworthy, and they now admit guilt. I throw in the towel. No more Tour de France for me. I want to watch true athletes, not chemical strength.

Having said that, why are we so eager to destroy the reputations of our heroes? If they test them ad nauseam with repeated negative results, then leave it alone and let us all appreciate and enjoy their success. Our kids need real heroes to look up to.

collie1228
06-14-2012, 06:38 PM
I read today that he's being investigated by the American authority. Can't imagine what their motivation would be. Lance tends to be a jerk, but that's no reason to go after him now, is it? I do recall reading that he had passed over 500 blood tests in his racing career. And a federal doping investigation resulted in no charges against him a few years ago. Vendetta?

skyguy79
06-14-2012, 06:43 PM
The last year that Lance participated in the Tour de France, the French authorities raided his room and found 3 banned substances, soap, shampoo and deodorant!!Three Tour de Funny-bones! That was funny!

As for the question of his doping or not, I can't imagine how he was consistently and throughly tested, as reported on the news, and be found drug free. Also, why has nothing suspected been substantiated after all this time. Personally I feel that there is more to this than actual illegal substance abuse than someone or some people want us to find out about!

I hope the investigation that's going to take place also includes an investigation of the sources of the information that prompted this action. I also hope that if there are some nefarious activities afoot, that it's uncovered and those people and/or organizations responsible pay a very heavy price for their part in it!

Taltarzac725
06-14-2012, 06:47 PM
Three Tour de Funny-bones! That was funny!

As for the question of his doping or not, I can't imagine how he was consistently and throughly tested, as reported on the news, and be found drug free. Also, why has nothing suspected been substantiated after all this time. Personally I feel that there is more to this than actual illegal substance abuse than someone or some people want us to find out about!

I hope the investigation that's going to take place also includes an investigation of the sources of the information that prompted this action. I also hope that if there are some nefarious activities afoot, that it's uncovered and those people and/or organizations responsible pay a very heavy price for their part in it!

It sounded like the previous investigation was about how he could be found by many to be clean of drugs. They were looking for a conspiracy of some kind and could not find the evidence.

skyguy79
06-14-2012, 07:04 PM
It sounded like the previous investigation was about how he could be found by many to be clean of drugs. They were looking for a conspiracy of some kind and could not find the evidence.I would think that it would have to be one heck of an improbable conspiracy to cover it up with so much testing behind it. I think it's much more likely that there would be a conspiracy to destroy Lance out of whatever jealously or motivation possible conspirators out there would have if that were to be the case!

asianthree
06-14-2012, 07:19 PM
Got to be honest 7 years later is too late. just my thoughts

2BNTV
06-14-2012, 08:05 PM
Random thoughts:

1. It would be nice to think he is clean as role models are needed.
2. Petty jealousy by other people as Lance has stopped racing many years ago. What's to gain except to strip him of his titles and grant them to other jealous riders.
3. Being somewhat skeptical, I say he is not clean but am doubtful it will be proved conclusively.

It would be a record for me if I ate seven "funny bones" in a row. :jester:

Scott8147
06-14-2012, 08:56 PM
Sometimes there are just incredible athletes and they do incredible things. Bob Beamon, Mark Spitz, Roger Bannister, etc,etc. If you take someone extremely gifted and they are motivated as well to be the best, then you get amazing records. Look at what Michael Jordan did. A number of players were as physically talented, but no one had his drive and work ethic. Same with Lance. I think he was clean. Please let it be so.

Villageshooter
06-14-2012, 10:43 PM
Never forget this is the same guy who was sleeping with Sheryl crow while his wife cared for there children and was responsible for nursing him back to health with cancer,,,, no mr Armstrong I believe u just as much I believe tiger woods,,, Cindy Anthony and Jerry Sandusky ......

Russ_Boston
06-15-2012, 07:21 AM
I think all sports should be like weight lifting. You have an OPEN division and a controlled division. Anything goes in the OPEN class.

If we did this do you know what would happen? Everyone would watch only the open division of each sport. Why? Because of the performance. All that happens now is the 'clean' athletes are at a disadvantage because a large number of performers will be trying the next best way to beat the system. Can't blame them. It's all about the money. Not saying it's right but it is what it is.

GaryW
06-15-2012, 08:32 AM
I do not think it really matters. He has been tested so many times,, and never came up postive.. The Fed's investigation did not hold water, due to them trying to get people to go along with their story so they would bot get punished,, that did not work,.
It is to the point, it does not matter,,, Everyone said why would Floyd Landis Lie,,, look where that went.. biggest story teller to date..

Lance is tested even when he is not competing. It is what it is...

Russ_Boston
06-15-2012, 10:56 AM
To those of you who say things like "he cheated on his wife and kids - so I'm never supporting him" ---- Almost 50% of all new marriages end in divorce. I would assume that many of these are from cheating spouses. Let's say 25%. So if you do the math and apply that to sports then 1/8 of all the people you root for cheat on their spouse. You just don't hear about the non-stars. You know why? It's not news!!! It's life.

GaryW
06-18-2012, 04:16 AM
From Doping to Cheating on wife,,, 180 degree swing, WOW!!