PDA

View Full Version : Ladies ? on your kitchen tables

hulababy
06-16-2012, 01:22 PM
hi ladies I have a kitchen table with a white tabletop. The newspaper gets all over the table, especially when hubby is drinking his coffee. The black ink makes a mess. I have tried buying those 5.00 vinyl tablecloths in walmart just to keep it covered. Those end up all black too and I toss away??

Anyone else with this situation?? any suggestions??

tv2016
06-16-2012, 01:39 PM
Active Mirror & Glass, 352-750-9877, will make you a glass top to fit your table top, for about $6-8/square foot.

casita37
06-16-2012, 01:40 PM
Obviously, the white tablecloth is a personal preference, and you don't want to give it up for a dark color or multi-print?? That would be the easiest and least expensive....that, or no tablecloth at all...maybe just placemats.

With the plastic one to go over it, why can't you just wipe it down, like you do the counters, etc?

A more expensive, and semi-permanent, solution might be to have a sheet of thin glass cut to the exact size of the table, to go over the cloth. Then you just spray it down with windex daily....you may still want to use placemats on top of the glass.

BeeGee
06-16-2012, 01:46 PM
Johnson & Johnson paste wax, comes in a round can....apply in circular motion, then buff off....protects and should keep the newspaper print off. Reapply as needed, but it should last quite a while.

cathyw
06-16-2012, 01:53 PM
What is the table made of ? Perhaps a coat of clear varnish. They sell it in spray cans now so it's very easy to apply and less than $10. You can get it at most paint stores and at some hobby stores that sell arts and crafts. They have small cans that you can apply with a paintbrush if you dont like the idea of the spray can.

jblum315
06-16-2012, 02:12 PM
Obviously, the white tablecloth is a personal preference, and you don't want to give it up for a dark color or multi-print?? That would be the easiest and least expensive....that, or no tablecloth at all...maybe just placemats.

With the plastic one to go over it, why can't you just wipe it down, like you do the counters, etc?

A more expensive, and semi-permanent, solution might be to have a sheet of thin glass cut to the exact size of the table, to go over the cloth. Then you just spray it down with windex daily....you may still want to use placemats on top of the glass.

The OP didn't say anything about a white tablecloth. She said the table top is white. You need to read more carefully.

Skip2MySue
06-16-2012, 02:20 PM
The OP didn't say anything about a white tablecloth. She said the table top is white. You need to read more carefully.

Darned, I read the posting with an entirely different idea in mind :1rotfl:
Skip 2

batman911
06-16-2012, 03:56 PM
Buy him and iPad.

Kitria
06-16-2012, 04:18 PM
Well, one you probably won't want to do..but..if you iron the paper..supposedly the ink doesn't come off the paper. Servants had to iron the morning paper before presenting it to the master of the house. Other than that. Have hubby read the paper in a chair with his coffee on the side table.

asianthree
06-16-2012, 08:49 PM
make him read the paper in the garage saves steps to throw away:ho:

hulababy
06-17-2012, 08:18 AM
well thanks ladies great tips!! i have been thinking of the glass as an option. Maybe I will give it a try. Making hubby go out in garage to read paper might be a bit much. perhaps I'll send him over to your house . Just have the coffee ready at 6 am!! ha

ronsroni
07-19-2012, 01:58 PM
Dare I say it??? Read the on-line version but you lose the folding. the smell, the ink and the puzzles.

elevatorman
07-19-2012, 02:20 PM
Tell him to go down to the pool and read it. The coffee should not cool to much when you run it down to him. Oh and a nice Bearclaw would be good too.:crap2:

gmcneill
07-19-2012, 03:00 PM
Not intending any disrespect but unless my arm was in a sling, I'm pretty sure that I'd be cleaning up my own inky mess.

quirky3
07-19-2012, 03:04 PM
Not intending any disrespect but unless my arm was in a sling, I'm pretty sure that I'd be cleaning up my own inky mess.

"Now there's a concept!" Perfect solution! :BigApplause:

getdul981
07-20-2012, 06:12 AM

Yup! Me too!

jackz
07-20-2012, 06:18 AM
Darned, I read the posting with an entirely different idea in mind :1rotfl:
Skip 2

Glad I wasn't the only one....

But then again, what am I doing looking at a Feminine forum....