PDA

View Full Version : Spell Check Under Chrome

zcaveman
06-29-2012, 08:20 PM
Is there a trick to making spell check work under the Chrome browser? I have everything set properly but it will not do a spell check.

I can do spell check under IE9 using the app from TOTV and I can spell check with FireFox.

Does anyone have it working?

Z

logdog
06-30-2012, 04:31 PM
Go to settings, advanced settings and then languages. There's a box there to enable spell check. I can't do without it.

zcaveman
06-30-2012, 07:19 PM
Go to settings, advanced settings and then languages. There's a box there to enable spell check. I can't do without it.

Did that. Still does not work.

2BNTV
06-30-2012, 09:37 PM
Try the dos command of "F7". that usually brings up spell check.

At least its a temporary solution.

zcaveman
07-01-2012, 02:57 PM
Question: I was looking at Google and I saw one entry that said that I might have some stray old Chrome stuff in the ProgramFiles folder. I deleted Chrome and made sure the folder was clean and I reloaded Chrome. Now when I misspell words in TOTV threads, I get a red line under the misspelled word. But Chrome does not give me any choices for a replacement. Is that the way it is supposed to work? In the Spell-check from TOTV, it gives me a choice of words to use as a replacement. It is similar to Word and Outlook.

I notice the same problem in FireFox. It tells me I nhave a bad word but it gives me no spelling choices.

If all I am going to get is the red line I guess I can live with that.

Z

VillagesFlorida
07-01-2012, 04:05 PM
If you right-click on the misspelled word do you see other spelling options there for that word?

asianthree
07-01-2012, 04:07 PM
just leave the misspelllllled words someone allways let you know and sometimes its just funny

logdog
07-01-2012, 04:10 PM
Place your cursor over the misspelled (underlined) word and right click. You will then see suggested correct spellings. Chose the one you want and it will replace the underlined word.

zcaveman
07-01-2012, 07:19 PM
Place your cursor over the misspelled (underlined) word and right click. You will then see suggested correct spellings. Chose the one you want and it will replace the underlined word.

Thanks. That did it. Workd for FireFox also. To me it is a little more work than the TOTV spell check under IE9 but I can live with it.

Z

logdog
07-02-2012, 02:32 PM
Youre wellcume.