PDA

View Full Version : Ted Potter, Jr. is -10 Greenbriar...

wilkinsm1
07-08-2012, 11:14 AM
Local golfer Ted Potter, Jr. is -10 starting today at Greenbriar. He is a rookie in the PGA this year and is from Silver Springs in Marion County. He graduated from Lake Weir HS and was on the golf team there. He was the top winner last year on a satellite tour but hasn't done too well up until now during his first season on the PGA tour. It will be fun to watch him today and cheer him on...he probably will be playing in the second or third group.:laugh:

Celebrator
07-08-2012, 06:03 PM
He won!!! You must be proud. What a cool manner under so much pressure.

wilkinsm1
07-08-2012, 06:07 PM
I am so proud of him! What a finish! I think they only mentioned that he was from Ocala at the end...said he went right from Lake Weir HS to become a pro. Now his career will really take off.

RVRoadie
07-09-2012, 02:18 PM
About three months ago I played golf with a friend at The Golf Club of Ocala. Teeing off in front of us was Ted Potter Jr and three of his friends. We talked to them for a few minutes and learned a little about him. That was the first time either of us had heard of him. Needless to say, it was a lot of fun watching them hit from the back tees. We were playing the forward mens tees, and they where hitting so far down the course that we could go ahead and tee off before they took their second shots. It was great to see him pull off a victory this weekend.

BarryRX
07-09-2012, 03:08 PM
I understand that when he was on the Nationwide tour he missed 20 of 20 cuts the first year, and 17 of 20 cuts the second year. Then he finished 2nd on the Nationwide tour in earnings to earn his PGA card, and now he wins. Great story of perseverance!

Golf-Tinker
07-09-2012, 05:20 PM
Steve Trivett wrote a great story about Ted Potter, Jr. In the sports section of today's (Monday) Sun. Excellent insight into what drives this young golfer. I hope we see much more of him in the future.