PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Phil's $600,000 Caylee Anthony Memorial donation

jebartle
07-11-2012, 10:49 AM
Not thrilled to confirm that Dr. Phil gave $600,000 to Caylee Anthony Memorial fund, 80% of fund was for administrative purposes?? and salaries?? to the Anthony's....So so many good deserving charities and families would have been a better choice IMHO....Dr. Phil would not give money to George and Cindy for Interview but found a loop-hole for RATINGS!!!....Very very disappointed....Memorial fund was closed by Cindy Anthony with NO accountability.

Patty55
07-11-2012, 01:30 PM
That entire group sickens me... the Anthony family, their attorneys and now Dr. Phil.

I can't believe that today on The View Jose Baez compared Casey Anthony to JC Duggard.

rubicon
07-11-2012, 01:39 PM
One example after another showing the world is upside down. To me Dr Phil had always been a Jerry springer with a PHD. I have no trust in self-promoters anymore than I do preachers who sit in multi-million dollar homes and preach that giving is a charitable and guarantee way to get to heaven.

Taltarzac725
07-11-2012, 01:40 PM
That entire group sickens me... the Anthony family, their attorneys and now Dr. Phil.

I can't believe that today on The View Jose Baez compared Casey Anthony to JC Duggard.

That's kind of ridiculous. Casey Anthony did play a role in covering up the accidental death of her daughter and then lied over a very long period about what actually happened. Do think that the media really messed up on this case though.

I actually like Dr. Phil though. Not sure what he is thinking with the donation to the Anthony Foundation. I have not been able to find a good source for this tidbit.

Patty55
07-11-2012, 01:52 PM
That's kind of ridiculous. Casey Anthony did play a role in covering up the accidental death of her daughter and then lied over a very long period about what actually happened. Do think that the media really messed up on this case though.

I actually like Dr. Phil though. Not sure what he is thinking with the donation to the Anthony Foundation. I have not been able to find a good source for this tidbit.

IMO she did a lot more than cover up an accident.

As far as the media messing up the case, Baez was courting that media for three years. The prosecution asked for a gag order early on and he objected.

Patty55
07-11-2012, 01:55 PM
The current issue of People, it was also confirmed by the Anthony's attorney Mark Lippman. Not only were they paid $600,000, but the fund was dissolved.

Joaniesmom
07-11-2012, 02:24 PM
Not thrilled to confirm that Dr. Phil gave $600,000 to Caylee Anthony Memorial fund, 80% of fund was for administrative purposes?? and salaries?? to the Anthony's....So so many good deserving charities and families would have been a better choice IMHO....Dr. Phil would not give money to George and Cindy for Interview but found a loop-hole for RATINGS!!!....Very very disappointed....Memorial fund was closed by Cindy Anthony with NO accountability.

Are we still talking about those crazy people? There oughtta be a law! :cus:

rubicon
07-11-2012, 02:38 PM

The current issue of People, it was also confirmed by the Anthony's attorney Mark Lippman. Not only were they paid $600,000, but the fund was dissolved.[/QUOTE]

If true then dr Phil is a bigger scumbag then I ever imagined

Patty55
07-11-2012, 02:56 PM
The current issue of People, it was also confirmed by the Anthony's attorney Mark Lippman. Not only were they paid $600,000, but the fund was dissolved.

If true then dr Phil is a bigger scumbag then I ever imagined[/QUOTE]

This money making scheme has been going on from day 1(day31?). Remember Casey Anthony "licensed" photos to ABC for $200,000 before the baby's remains were found, remember the jars for collecting money?

janmcn
07-11-2012, 04:15 PM
Some people have more money than brains. I hope people don't buy Jose Baez's new book he's out there hawking.

rubicon
07-11-2012, 04:20 PM
If true then dr Phil is a bigger scumbag then I ever imagined

This money making scheme has been going on from day 1(day31?). Remember Casey Anthony "licensed" photos to ABC for $200,000 before the baby's remains were found, remember the jars for collecting money?[/QUOTE]

Mommy Anthony no doubt gave her little baby girl Casey, a piece of the action

Patty55
07-11-2012, 04:26 PM
Some people have more money than brains. I hope people don't buy Jose Baez's new book he's out there hawking.

I read part of it for free on Amazon, it sucked the brain right out of my head-lol.

He actually quoted peoples thoughts by using italics.

jebartle
07-11-2012, 07:05 PM
tells us that Casey and Cindy share necklaces that have Cayle's ashes in the pendant...Pleeeeeease!

This money making scheme has been going on from day 1(day31?). Remember Casey Anthony "licensed" photos to ABC for $200,000 before the baby's remains were found, remember the jars for collecting money?

Mommy Anthony no doubt gave her little baby girl Casey, a piece of the action[/QUOTE]

De Lis
07-12-2012, 04:30 AM
Never liked Dr. Phil. Period.

paulandjean
07-12-2012, 06:18 AM
Not to sure if I would put a lot of stock in the "people Magazine" you refer to. Just another "National Inquirer" IMHO. Just like on this site.do not believe everything posted here.

graciegirl
07-12-2012, 07:02 AM
I wonder too....if this could be true. The price seems excessive and usually the principle on a television show isn't the ultimate decision maker for guests etc. That would be the producer.

Unfortunately, the Anthony's were big news at that time, and a television show wants their share of the news. Generally guests are paid and some demand a lot of money. I would guess the Anthony's would come at a high price and they made their rounds to several TV shows. Maybe it was their stipulation as to HOW they were paid but that figure is kind of a LOT for a daytime TV show.

I never watched Dr. Phil often but sometimes now when I turn his show on, the subject matter has become increasingly sensational, very much like Jerry Springer in some ways. I switch it right over, but for some all that voyeurism into people's very private hell is enjoyable.

I don't like most of the reality stuff, and now even my old standby House Hunters, my help to fall asleep at night, has been fingered as not completely accurate and truthful.

Taltarzac725
07-12-2012, 07:13 AM
Why did Dr. Phil Give $600,000 to Anthony Charity? - NPQ (http://www.nonprofitquarterly.org/philanthropy/20614-why-did-dr-phil-give-600000-to-anthony-charity.html)

asianthree
07-12-2012, 09:15 AM
hummmmmmmmmmm