PDA

View Full Version : Rash of arrests in the NFL

2BNTV
07-25-2012, 09:55 AM
Atricle in NY Daily News.

NY Giants (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/ny-giants-osi-umenyiora-upset-rash-nfl-arrests-wishes-players-follow-set-tim-tebow-article-1.1120876)

What do you think of the rash of arrests in the NFL?

redwitch
07-25-2012, 11:32 AM
Sadly, no great surprise. Athletes are told they are "special" since childhood. If parents try to punish (ground) a gifted athlete, the community, the school, the coach will all talk to that parent and say how much that child is needed for the game/event/meet. They're taught they're exempt from natural consequences. Ask OJ Simpson -- he really is a prime example of this train of thought.

Sounds like the police are not giving athletes the breaks they used to. At one time all you had to do was say you were a player for a local team, show proof and you were on your way. I'm happy to see that officers are now actually policing as they should. We need to quit exempting certain people, whether they be athletes or politicians or police officers -- if a law is broken, action should be taken. (And the media doesn't need to tell us that so and so got a ticket for speeding. I don't care. It ain't my bizwhacks.)