PDA

View Full Version : Following Posts

2BNTV
08-01-2012, 08:14 AM
I was wondering if there was a way to follow posts by creating a folder and store your favorite posts in them.

Can this be done by the user and or administrator?

senior citizen
08-01-2012, 08:33 AM
I was wondering if there was a way to follow posts by creating a folder and store your favorite posts in them.

Can this be done by the user and or administrator?

At the top "menu" go to your USERCP and you will see FOLDERS in which to store your private messages and such..........scroll around in that area; perhaps it might help you out.

TOTV Team
08-01-2012, 10:30 AM
If you click the small box in the upper right of the thread, then click 'Thread Tools' the 3rd option down should be 'Subscribe to Thread'. My screen may be slightly different as administrator, but once you do this you will get a notification anytime someone post on that thread.

Let me know if we can assist and great question. I bet many do not know about that feature of the site.

Barefoot
08-01-2012, 10:39 AM
If you click the small box in the upper right of the thread, then click 'Thread Tools' the 3rd option down should be 'Subscribe to Thread'. My screen may be slightly different as administrator, but once you do this you will get a notification anytime someone post on that thread.

Let me know if we can assist and great question. I bet many do not know about that feature of the site.

Thanks for the tip. I've been a member since 2007 and I didn't realize I could subscribe to a thread by using "Thread Tools". What a good idea.

Sable99
08-01-2012, 11:37 AM
Thanks for the tip. I've been a member since 2007 and I didn't realize I could subscribe to a thread by using "Thread Tools". What a good idea.

I'm renting my house so I'm not at TV yet. So, I'm saving some posts for future reference!!

What I like about "Thread Tools" is that you can create specific folders to find the post you are looking for easier. My folders are in a wide range of subjects: golf carts, golf cart rentals, restaurants, doctors, recipes, contractors, hair salons, etc. It really helps to find the post you are looking for.

zcaveman
08-01-2012, 12:07 PM

After you subscribe to the thread, go to the Quick Links pull down (right top in the blue line) and click on Subscribed Threads. You can now select any number of threads (x on the right hand corner) and then go down to "Selected Threads" pull down and move those threads to a new folder. Then you can go to the pull down at the top of the page and select which folder you want to look at.

FYI - every time you respond to a thread, the thread goes into your Subscribed Thread file, so id you have never been there you will see a lot of threads. When you are in a Forum and see a blue check to the right of a thread that thread is in your subscribed threads. I go on weekly and clean out all of the threads that I am done with.

Z