PDA

View Full Version : How Long 4 White Pants?

lovsthosebigdogs
08-05-2012, 07:48 PM
Ladies, how many of you follow the old "Memorial Day to Labor Day" rule for wearing white pants? Are the rule different because its Florida or because it's 2012 (if they are). When do you put away the white pants and purse for the season?

skyc6
08-05-2012, 07:57 PM
I pretty much wear whatever is comfortable for the weather and the occasion. I don't think that rule is in effect in Florida! :)

Sparty6971
08-05-2012, 08:02 PM
The feminine half of this house agreed with skyc6. Whatever is comfy with temp, humidity, etc. Been here since July 09.

asianthree
08-05-2012, 08:13 PM
white is not my color i will spill something on them, but nothing look better than a white skirt or shorts anytime

Barefoot
08-05-2012, 08:40 PM
Ladies, how many of you follow the old "Memorial Day to Labor Day" rule for wearing white pants? Are the rule different because its Florida or because it's 2012 (if they are). When do you put away the white pants and purse for the season?

No rules in TV! The Fashion Police are not patrolling. People wear whatever whenever. White pants anytime of the year. Fashion rules do not apply. There is an extremely laid-back vibe. No-one dresses to impress. Well, perhaps a handfuli, but it is rare.

Joaniesmom
08-05-2012, 09:06 PM
I love white clothing. If there is a spill (and I seem to have lots of them) its so easy to bleach them sparkling white again! Much easier than colors. Confining white to specific dates makes no sense to me. But, then again, lots of things don't make sense to me!

tainsley
08-05-2012, 09:22 PM
I wear white all year round! When I retired I retired all my dark colors too! If it does get cold in the winter months I wear jeans.

CMANN
08-05-2012, 11:39 PM
We don't need no stinkin rules!

renielarson
08-05-2012, 11:50 PM
I love white clothing. If there is a spill (and I seem to have lots of them) its so easy to bleach them sparkling white again! Much easier than colors. Confining white to specific dates makes no sense to me. But, then again, lots of things don't make sense to me!

I don't wear white often because when I spill (and I often do) bleach only yellows my whites. What's your secret to keeping white clothes sparkling white?

tainsley
08-06-2012, 07:12 AM
I don't wear white often because when I spill (and I often do) bleach only yellows my whites. What's your secret to keeping white clothes sparkling white?

If I spill something that will stain (coffee or grease) I put regular dish detergent and some baking soda and let it soak. Rinse with water and wash. Works for me!

tainsley
08-06-2012, 07:13 AM

:agree:!

graciegirl
08-06-2012, 07:44 AM
No rules in TV! The Fashion Police are not patrolling. People wear whatever whenever. White pants anytime of the year. Fashion rules do not apply. There is an extremely laid-back vibe. No-one dresses to impress. Well, perhaps a handfuli, but it is rare.

Bare is right as usual. Most people wear their casual clothes everywhere too, including church and out to dinner.

Only have seen really dress up clothes at dressy holiday things at Savannah Center. And then very few occasions for best bib and tucker.

Fine with us! (But Sweetie looks so nice in black tie.)

NotGolfer
08-06-2012, 09:17 AM
As everyone says....no rules here! Though when it "does" get chilly in Dec., Jan., Feb. one might see more "seasonal" clothing on folks.

Don't get rid of your "winter" clothes! Keep some sweaters, long pants and light jackets. You may need them occassionally.

Pturner
08-06-2012, 09:48 AM

Wear whatever you like... as long as it doesn't look like you are dressing to impress. :D

stuckinparadise
08-06-2012, 09:51 AM
I think that most fashion rules from the past have expired in our current era. Very few people follow those out-of-date rules and it's not just the wearing white after Labor Day. What about those old-school rules like: matching your handbag with your shoes or wearing gloves. I don't anyone who follows those rules.

Tom Hannon
08-06-2012, 10:10 AM
Remember those days when people would dress in suits to go on an airplane. I saw a picture of Yankee Stadium taken in the late 40's. Everyone in stands had a suit and hat. The gals wore dresses. To a ball game??? Gimmie a break.

Like Bob Dylan said "The times they are a changin" Thank God for that. Wear whatever you want. The fashion police will not write you up in the Villages.

BritParrothead
08-06-2012, 12:25 PM

If I am not mistaken, you are wearing white pants/shorts in this photograph :icon_wink:
I wear white linen most days of the year ? because i can! :) :)

rhood
08-06-2012, 12:31 PM
Just don't wear polka dot undies!

BritParrothead
08-06-2012, 01:18 PM
Just don't wear polka dot undies!

UGH !! Never ;) ;)

OBXNana
09-11-2013, 11:21 AM
I've been lurking on this forum and we're looking forward to our preview in October. I wasn't sure about white in Florida (we're in PA) and it was great to search to get my answer. This is a great forum and I appreciate being able to get a feel for the community prior to visiting. It's very active, covers every topic, and thank everyone for keeping those of us outside so well informed.

Marigold
09-11-2013, 12:13 PM
I wear white clothing and other light colors all year round. Love the Florida lifestyle!
Same for wearing sandals daily except on a few really cold mornings.

gomoho
09-11-2013, 12:16 PM
Actually wore white shorts today - it's in the 90's - white works!

mac9
09-11-2013, 01:13 PM

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowd own::spoken:

asianthree
09-11-2013, 07:29 PM
Clinton Kelly on the chew say's where white whenever you want...there is no rules

Sagitarius 6
09-11-2013, 07:36 PM
ladies, how many of you follow the old "memorial day to labor day" rule for wearing white pants? Are the rule different because its florida or because it's 2012 (if they are). When do you put away the white pants and purse for the season?
dito

duffysmom
09-12-2013, 05:15 PM
I wear white all year in Florida. I don't wear white up North or when I'm in Europe unless it's Summer.

sharoni
09-12-2013, 05:40 PM
I am currently in Michigan and with the temp in the 90's , I am still wearing white. We are leaving for our home in TV the end of the month, so along with me are whie pants and shoes. White is for warm weather, no matter where you are.

Dr Winston O Boogie jr
09-12-2013, 05:44 PM
Rule? Rule?? We don't have rules. We don't need not stinkin' rules

Wrkdhrd
09-20-2013, 01:45 PM
I wear whatever I want whenever I want. I live in the NE so certainly I'm not wearing sandals when my feet would be could. But I'm a thinking human being and don't need some horrible fashion designer to tell me what to wear and when.