PDA

View Full Version : Village Rules

maynaze
08-12-2012, 02:08 AM
I have read several posts on the "rules" of each community and TV in general. We are buying a pre-owned home and close on August 30th. Will I get a copy of the rules then or can I download them from somewhere?

We are getting really excited to be there. Hopefully sometime in mid-September.

Thanks
Melody

Bryan
08-12-2012, 06:16 AM
I think the "rules" you make reference to are actually the deed covenants and restrictions. As The Villages grew, and new sections were added, revised restrictions and covenants were implemented that, of course, only apply to that section of TV. The oldest areas (the "historic" district east of Hwy 441/27) seems to have the least restrictive covenants and as you move west and south, they grow more restrictive. The new covenants were not "retroactive" to previous existing covenants thus you ended up with a mixture of deed restrictions across TV.

Lawn ornaments is one example. They are not mentioned at all in deeds in the "historic" district. As development moved south and west, lawn ornaments were addressed and sometimes allowed under certain conditions (i.e. fountains had to have flowing water) and then even later in development they were prohibited totally.

At closing, you will get a copy of the covenants and restrictions that apply to your property. Not the most interesting read you will ever have but it is important. They are also posted online but you need your lot information in detail to get to the correct covenants that apply to your lot. You probably don't have that right now.

zcaveman
08-12-2012, 06:44 AM
You can go to Village Community Development Districts (http://www.districtgov.org/departments/community-standards/download.aspx)

and find your village and download your Declaration of Restrictions.

maynaze
08-12-2012, 03:23 PM
Great! Thanks for the help!