PDA

View Full Version : Dog Feces Disposal- Request for group action!

donkobes
08-18-2012, 06:31 AM
At our mail room, the trash receptacles now carry a sign “No Animal Feces, Please”. I’m not sure if this is local signage, or univeral touching all mail rooms. I understand the reasons for the signage, but doubt that this approach will work. People are reluctant to take smelly feces home in their cars, and likely will simply ignore the signs.

I suggest instead, they create one waste receptacle (maybe in a special color) somewhere in the dog “walking area” labeled “Animal Feces Only”.

I think this approach might have a chance of succeeding, mostly.

Don Kobes

mfp509
08-18-2012, 06:38 AM
I totally agree with you donkobes - been my thought for some time. Good idea.

Regor
08-18-2012, 06:53 AM
Your dog.......your mess. Take it home! Better yet, walk the dog on YOUR property, not the community property!

gomoho
08-18-2012, 07:26 AM
Your dog.......your mess. Take it home! Better yet, walk the dog on YOUR property, not the community property!

Wow - that's a little strong. Dogs need exercise and walking circles around my house doesn't do me or the dog any good. Responsible dog owners pick up their dog's mess and pay what you pay to live in this community and should have equal access. I always try to have my dog poop in a certain non public area, but I can't control everything. Sometimes when you gotta go you gotta go:D

paulandjean
08-18-2012, 07:38 AM
Wow - that's a little strong. Dogs need exercise and walking circles around my house doesn't do me or the dog any good. Responsible dog owners pick up their dog's mess and pay what you pay to live in this community and should have equal access. I always try to have my dog poop in a certain non public area, but I can't control everything. Sometimes when you gotta go you gotta go:D

Rules are rules, You wanted a dog,its your responsibily to clean it up and take home his mess. If you want to walk your dog,do where humans do not walk. You have to follow the rules,think we should fine dog owners if their dog make mistakes.

jimmemac
08-18-2012, 08:00 AM
Let me see community-yup last I knew that included dogs and cats and idiots!

graciegirl
08-18-2012, 08:08 AM
Bill!!! Where is the popcorn???? We have another canine feces thread.

I love dogs.
We have cats.

Taltarzac725
08-18-2012, 08:16 AM
TreT, The Parkour Dog From Ukraine, Amazes With His Free-Running Talent (VIDEO) (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/17/parkour-dog-ukraine_n_1792549.html)

Glad we do not have any parkour dogs here in the Villages. Can you imagine the poop trails?

All of the mail centers that I have been to in the Villages have stickers on their trash cans saying "no pet feces" or something to that effect.

Mikeod
08-18-2012, 08:21 AM
At our mail room, the trash receptacles now carry a sign “No Animal Feces, Please”. I’m not sure if this is local signage, or univeral touching all mail rooms. I understand the reasons for the signage, but doubt that this approach will work. People are reluctant to take smelly feces home in their cars, and likely will simply ignore the signs.

I suggest instead, they create one waste receptacle (maybe in a special color) somewhere in the dog “walking area” labeled “Animal Feces Only”.

Don Kobes
One of the problems that using the waste receptacles in the mail stations for dog waste was the smell that emanated from them especially in the summer. A separate receptacle won't solve that problem. And there are those who will use either receptacle despite the signs (and do even now!). The real solution is to carry disposal bags and take the stuff home for disposal there.

Taltarzac725
08-18-2012, 08:24 AM
One of the problems that using the waste receptacles in the mail stations for dog waste was the smell that emanated from them especially in the summer. A separate receptacle won't solve that problem. And there are those who will use either receptacle despite the signs (and do even now!). The real solution is to carry disposal bags and take the stuff home for disposal there.

The Lake Miona Park has a receptacle for dog poop which does seem to contain the smell. They also supply some bags to pick up dog poop. This is I expect a County and not a Villages park though. http://fl-sumtercounty.civicplus.com/index.aspx?NID=204

njbchbum
08-18-2012, 08:38 AM
it sounds like there are a lot of dog-owning residents who do not "self-enforce" re the rules for no dog feces in trash receptacles - - - - - i wonder what opinion those same folks hold re the enforcement of deed restrictions. ;)

NotGolfer
08-18-2012, 08:40 AM
Dogs need exercise! For sure...BUT I've noticed folks bringing their dogs via their car or golf cart to the mailboxes common area as well as the rec centers common areas specifically to walk them. I don't think the trash recepticals here should be used for the "left-overs"

Now for the:popcorn:

Mickedamouse24
08-18-2012, 08:49 AM
The grassy areas around the mail rooms, to include the rear of the facility, are not dog walk areas! In our neighborhood, dog owners use these areas, along with areas around the shuttle board to let their pets do their business! And some of these inconsiderate folks do not pick up after their pets. As stated earlier, your animal, your choice to own it, use your yard for a pet potty, dispose waste at your house!!!! Pretty simple!!!:thumbup:

Regor
08-18-2012, 09:03 AM
Lets see now..You take your dog to an area where lots of dogs crap. They walk around in the mess that doesn't always get cleaned up as well as it should. Most dogs don't wear rubber boots when walking in this kind of area. And they love to stick there cute little nose right down in the grass to get a better smell of what was deposited there!Then when the little darling is done doing his business, he jumps into the cart/car without cleaning his feet! Sometimes he even gets to sit on the owners lap for the drive home and gives his kind master a nice lick and nuzzle for being so kind! And to think I use a germicide to wipe down a grocery cart handle!

zonerboy
08-18-2012, 09:42 AM
And while your at it, make sure that dog of yours has 2 inch wide straps on it's top!

Taltarzac725
08-18-2012, 09:52 AM
...and get something like these for places where dog owners take their pets. Pet waste stations and dog waste stations for municipalities, property managers, parks, dog parks, apartments, condos and more! (http://www.bowwowwaste.com/categories/Pet-Waste-Stations/?gclid=CJbv-bC28bECFUWc7Qod0BMAMA)

Bill-n-Brillo
08-18-2012, 09:58 AM
Bill!!! Where is the popcorn???? We have another canine feces thread.

I love dogs.
We have cats.

On it, Gracie......

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Bill :wave:

ilovetv
08-18-2012, 10:03 AM
Lets see now..You take your dog to an area where lots of dogs crap. They walk around in the mess that doesn't always get cleaned up as well as it should. Most dogs don't wear rubber boots when walking in this kind of area. And they love to stick there cute little nose right down in the grass to get a better smell of what was deposited there!Then when the little darling is done doing his business, he jumps into the cart/car without cleaning his feet! Sometimes he even gets to sit on the owners lap for the drive home and gives his kind master a nice lick and nuzzle for being so kind! And to think I use a germicide to wipe down a grocery cart handle!

This is exactly what I think. The dog can walk worms and other parasites, not to mention e. coli from the dog manure they walk in and sniff, into the house. Then you go barefoot in the house and can get worms and parasites thru the skin on the soles of your feet. Worse yet, dumb people let the dog lick their ice cream cone or their face (and then take pride in eating only "organic" or vegan diet). Totally brainless.

This is why we don't walk our dog to the postal station, where there are 5,000 pee spots to sniff and doodoo on. There are miles of other places to walk the dog....AFTER it's done most of its dooooty in your OWN yard.

Mikeod
08-18-2012, 10:08 AM
...and get something like these for places where dog owners take their pets. Pet waste stations and dog waste stations for municipalities, property managers, parks, dog parks, apartments, condos and more! (http://www.bowwowwaste.com/categories/Pet-Waste-Stations/?gclid=CJbv-bC28bECFUWc7Qod0BMAMA)
So people who don't own pets should fund these stations and pay for replacement bags for those who choose to have pets? And this only covers half the battle. In my experience, most pet owners carry their own bags, it's just the disposal of these bags that is the problem. The mail stations are not dog parks!

There is a solution that is absolutely free of cost and does not inconvenience non-pet owners. Bag the stuff and take it home for disposal.

graciegirl
08-18-2012, 10:16 AM
So people who don't own pets should fund these stations and pay for replacement bags for those who choose to have pets? And this only covers half the battle. In my experience, most pet owners carry their own bags, it's just the disposal of these bags that is the problem. The mail stations are not dog parks!

There is a solution that is absolutely free of cost and does not inconvenience non-pet owners. Bag the stuff and take it home for disposal.

I have to agree.

I don't have a dog of my own but.......

I love a lot of doggies who belong to my friends and neighbors and they do just that. And I would do just that if I had a dog. My kids and my pets are NOT the responsibility of others. I take care of my own and I try to not let my kids and my pets bother other people so that my kids and my pets grew up being liked by others.

Is that political?

beartrack
08-18-2012, 10:18 AM
My dogs mess is no ones responsibility but mine. I am really tired of all these supposed "dog lovers" carping about their rights to allow their pets to do their business when ever and where ever they please. Provide pails, provide bags and then leave it at the postal station ??? Give me a break. First off, no one is supposed to walk their dog on postal station property. It is not anyones job to help you walk your dog and then ask everyone else to pay for supplies and endure the stink. I am a true dog lover, heres how I treat my good friend. I walk her on my property, I pick up, then I put her in my golf cart and take her to our favorite spot where she can run and get all the exercise she needs. She knows if she does her business, then its time to go play. Because I love that dog, I do my best to see that she is not a problem for others. Maybe that is why so many of our neighbors stop at our driveway just to play with her. Good dog, no problem.

Roaddog53
08-18-2012, 10:29 AM
I know THIS will cause more commotion! So what do you do when you SEE a dog and it's owner walking on mailbox, or other public property and doing it's business? Goodness knows we see it every day. They drive to the mail stations and use the grass behind the station by the courts. Do you:
1) Stop them and ask them politely to pick up the dog poop and carry it home
2) Remind them of the clean up and watch
3) Call CW and turn them in with their golf cart/car description.
Get the DNA of the dog so they know it was theirs
4) Do nothing, knowing it won't make a difference. ok, ok.. hit me now
5) Walk away in disgust. Again knowing people

Also incur the wrath of those you do say something to, or the ignoring of those people when you tell them, or the "what's the big deal attitude" if everyone else does it! :sad:

paulandjean
08-18-2012, 10:37 AM
Can you imagine,if they let people walk their dogs on the golf course?

Roaddog53
08-18-2012, 10:43 AM
Can you imagine,if they let people walk their dogs on the golf course?

Ewwww, some people still lick their golf balls to clean them, or their fingers and rub the ball clean. Just think if that ball landed in or rolled though a dog log. But, maybe you could use it to tee the ball up for a better shot!

shcisamax
08-18-2012, 10:46 AM
I can't believe it is another dog poop thread. I really can't. Is there any aspect of dog poop that has not been thoroughly debated?

njbchbum
08-18-2012, 10:52 AM
Ewwww, some people still lick their golf balls to clean them, or their fingers and rub the ball clean. Just think if that ball landed in or rolled though a dog log. But, maybe you could use it to tee the ball up for a better shot!

there are lots of other critters that roam the courses after the ones with clubs golf balls and tees roam them - who knows what those golf balls hare encountered and/or rolled thru!

njbchbum
08-18-2012, 10:55 AM
such a simple solution to dog poop at the mail stations - place signs at each station that state "no dogs allowed" and remove the trash cans! your dog's poop and your junk mail can all be deposited in the same trash can at home!

what could be easier?

gomoho
08-18-2012, 10:59 AM
Rules are rules, You wanted a dog,its your responsibily to clean it up and take home his mess. If you want to walk your dog,do where humans do not walk. You have to follow the rules,think we should fine dog owners if their dog make mistakes.

I would only agree to that if they also fine the folks that allow their kids to poop in the pool and don't clean it up. Yep, happened last week at O'dell.

Roaddog53
08-18-2012, 11:10 AM
I would only agree to that if they also fine the folks that allow their kids to poop in the pool and don't clean it up. Yep, happened last week at O'dell.

Geez. THAT'S another reason for one's own pool. I was talking to a worker who had just come from the theme parks and he said the neices/nephews and his kids were "bragging" on how many times they PEED in the pools/slides! :22yikes:

Roaddog53
08-18-2012, 11:12 AM
such a simple solution to dog poop at the mail stations - place signs at each station that state "no dogs allowed" and remove the trash cans! your dog's poop and your junk mail can all be deposited in the same trash can at home!

what could be easier?

:BigApplause::agree:

asianthree
08-18-2012, 11:13 AM
who is picking up the bear poop:grumpy:

Barefoot
08-18-2012, 11:34 AM
I can't believe it is another dog poop thread. I really can't. Is there any aspect of dog poop that has not been thoroughly debated?

The heck with banning political posts, I think they should ban dog poop threads!

... then I put her in my golf cart and take her to our favorite spot where she can run and get all the exercise she needs.

Only three small Villages dog parks for 100,000 residents plus their mutts (two allowed per household). Of course there's a problem.

Taltarzac725
08-18-2012, 11:59 AM

what could be easier?

Seems heavy handed just so people can socialize at the mail center without smelling something bad. Garbage stinks. If someone put some food into the garbage cans at the mail center, it would start to stink in the heat after several hours.

People should pick up the poop but have a reasonable place to put it like a trash receptacle.

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2012-07-30/news/32946401_1_dog-waste-kostmayer-plastic-bags

NYC boroughs see 145,000 tons of dog poop per year. Most of this is thrown into city trash cans. I wonder what happens to the poop in NYC, when they take away the trash cans??

Happinow
08-18-2012, 12:08 PM

How about those who wear shoes in their homes?? They step in everything imaginable, poop, spit, blood, urine from public bathrooms and every other gross thing out there. Then they wear their shoes on their carpet and tile. Yuck?

Barefoot
08-18-2012, 12:25 PM
How about those who wear shoes in their homes?? They step in everything imaginable, poop, spit, blood, urine from public bathrooms and every other gross thing out there. Then they wear their shoes on their carpet and tile. Yuck?

We need a Patty post.

Bogie Shooter
08-18-2012, 12:26 PM

Don't have a dog, go to the mail station but, don't urinate on the bushes!

HeyGirly
08-18-2012, 12:28 PM
And while your at it, make sure that dog of yours has 2 inch wide straps on it's top!

:1rotfl:

Bogie Shooter
08-18-2012, 12:30 PM

Why? Just take it home.................

Bogie Shooter
08-18-2012, 12:33 PM
My dogs mess is no ones responsibility but mine. I am really tired of all these supposed "dog lovers" carping about their rights to allow their pets to do their business when ever and where ever they please. Provide pails, provide bags and then leave it at the postal station ??? Give me a break. First off, no one is supposed to walk their dog on postal station property. It is not anyones job to help you walk your dog and then ask everyone else to pay for supplies and endure the stink. I am a true dog lover, heres how I treat my good friend. I walk her on my property, I pick up, then I put her in my golf cart and take her to our favorite spot where she can run and get all the exercise she needs. She knows if she does her business, then its time to go play. Because I love that dog, I do my best to see that she is not a problem for others. Maybe that is why so many of our neighbors stop at our driveway just to play with her. Good dog, no problem.

We need more dog owners like you.

Bogie Shooter
08-18-2012, 12:34 PM

Quality?

graciegirl
08-18-2012, 12:35 PM

Now that is indeed a challenging problem. I am not sure how to solve that issue. We could learn to fly?

Or are all of us getting old and silly?

Bogie Shooter
08-18-2012, 12:36 PM
The heck with banning political posts, I think they should ban dog poop threads!

Only three small Villages dog parks for 100,000 residents plus their mutts (two allowed per household). Of course there's a problem.

Lots of back yards!

quirky3
08-18-2012, 12:36 PM
Originally Posted by beartrack :

I agree! That's a great post!:thumbup:

Patty55
08-18-2012, 12:38 PM

Don Kobes

Speaking as the self-appointed President of the Puppy Defense League (hereafter referred to as the PDL) I disagree that there should be puppy-poop-containers at the mail centers.

Ever walk by the Puppy-poop-containers at the dog park? They reek, they create a fly problem, they are just gross.

I personally don't like to walk my little PUMP-KIN in areas where other dogs poop and pee. Grant it, most of the dogs around here look pretty healthy, but you never know.

Be civilized, take your poop home with you, or do the smart thing, let them go on your neighbors lawn when nobody is looking. DUH, how hard is this to figure out.

Barefoot
08-18-2012, 12:40 PM
Lots of back yards!

Bogie, dogs need lots of exercise. They get dizzy running in circles in the back yard. That's why people walk their dogs to pick up the mail.

My only point was that I feel there would be less complaints about dogs if there were more dog parks provided by The Villages. But I personally don't have a problem, I just pay to take my dogs to a private dog park.

lovesports
08-18-2012, 12:40 PM
Quality?

Good one. Now that is funny.

ilovetv
08-18-2012, 12:46 PM

what could be easier?

I think this is a sensible solution, too. But, the perpetrators are the least likely to even pick up the dog doo with a bag in the first place.

Without trash cans there, they would leave even more piles on the ground for others to stop and genuflect in front of it.

mickey100
08-18-2012, 12:54 PM
I think this is a sensible solution, too. But, the perpetrators are the least likely to even pick up the dog doo with a bag in the first place.

Without trash cans there, they would leave even more piles on the ground for others to stop and genuflect in front of it.

I agree that removing the trash cans is the most sensible solution. I don't generally see poop anywhere else on my walks thru the Villages, so I don't expect most people would leave it on the ground at the post office. If you fenced off the grassy areas by the post office so dogs couldn't get in their, it would help. And the added bonus is, people would carry their junk mail home with them, and possibly put it out curbside for recycling. As it stands now, all the junk mail going into the trash bins at the postal stations does not get recycled, which is a pet peeve of mine.

What would be nice is if they just took a few postal stations and did a study. Remove the trash receptacles and see what happens. If people are littering their junk mail and/or dog poop, then you'd have to try something else.

Bogie Shooter
08-18-2012, 12:58 PM
I agree that removing the trash cans is the most sensible solution. I don't generally see poop anywhere else on my walks thru the Villages, so I don't expect most people would leave it on the ground at the post office. If you fenced off the grassy areas by the post office so dogs couldn't get in their, it would help. And the added bonus is, people would carry their junk mail home with them, and possibly put it out curbside for recycling. As it stands now, all the junk mail going into the trash bins at the postal stations does not get recycled, which is a pet peeve of mine.

What would be nice is if they just took a few postal stations and did a study. Remove the trash receptacles and see what happens. If people are littering their junk mail and/or dog poop, then you'd have to try something else.

No fences!

Patty55
08-18-2012, 12:59 PM
I think everything is fine, I like the bins for the junk mail, I like the poop taken away by the dog owner.

It's all good for me.:thumbup:

Bogie Shooter
08-18-2012, 12:59 PM
Dog poop threads are about as silly as roundabout threads.:D

Patty55
08-18-2012, 01:02 PM

Nope, sillier but about as provocative as allowed. Next we can move on to dogs that BARK and POOP.:22yikes:

graciegirl
08-18-2012, 01:02 PM
No fences!

No fences.

No signs.

No Dalmation statues peeing on fireplug statues.

No Flamingos.

Many of us moved here because of these things.

I love dogs even if I dont have any. My friends take their dog poop home. I love my friends.

Is this political?

amazingone
08-18-2012, 01:03 PM
I have to agree.

I don't have a dog of my own but.......

I love a lot of doggies who belong to my friends and neighbors and they do just that. And I would do just that if I had a dog. My kids and my pets are NOT the responsibility of others. I take care of my own and I try to not let my kids and my pets bother other people so that my kids and my pets grew up being liked by others.

Is that political?

And just how is it that you would know what your friends and neighbors do with their dog crap?

Patty55
08-18-2012, 01:04 PM
No fences.

No signs.

No Flamingos.

I love dogs even if I dont have any. My friends take their dog poop home. I love my friends.

Is this political?

I would like one of those light up pink flamingos, are they not allowed? How about the light up palm tree?

graciegirl
08-18-2012, 01:06 PM
And just how is it that you would know what your friends and neighbors do with their dog crap?

Because. I see them walking down the street with a plastic baggie full of something.

I see them carry a plastic bag when they go out with their dog.

I am NOT as dumb as I look.;)

quirky3
08-18-2012, 01:06 PM
No fences.

No signs.

No Flamingos.

Is this political?

Gracie, you may not have seen this clarification from the Admin on what is political - it should answer your question
---------------------------------------------------
For clarification - there are NO changes in the general forums of TOTV. Discussions that have always happened regarding issues and governance in The Villages have been and will continue as always.

The political forum where discussions and debates on political parties ie: Democrat and Republican has been suspended. Those discussions have not been allowed in the general forums and that will continue to be our policy.

Thank you for your support.

Best Regards,

Admin

ajbrown
08-18-2012, 01:14 PM
Glad I tuned in to this thread. All this time I thought the post office trash cans were specifically for dog poop. Our dog Caly never actually poops at the post office, we have been bringing poop from home to drop off when we get our mail.

Rainy day in MA, so just being silly :D

gerryann
08-18-2012, 01:15 PM
Just great Gracie....now you've gone and done it.....you'll get ALL of us in trouble now.....this political poop must stop.........:icon_wink:

Barefoot
08-18-2012, 01:16 PM
Glad I tuned in to this thread. All this time I thought the post office trash cans were specifically for dog poop. Our dog Caly never actually poops at the post office, we have been bringing poop from home to drop off when we get our mail.

:a20:

graciegirl
08-18-2012, 01:16 PM

:1rotfl::1rotfl::1rotfl:

Patty55
08-18-2012, 01:24 PM
Because. I see them walking down the street with a plastic baggie full of something.

It could be a decoy bag, next time check the contents.

gerryann
08-18-2012, 01:24 PM

Me too...sometimes I'll collect from neighbors too...saves everyone a trip ....:rolleyes:

Barefoot
08-18-2012, 01:29 PM
It could be a decoy bag, next time check the contents.

Me too...sometimes I'll collect from neighbors too...saves everyone a trip.

:highfive:

Bogie Shooter
08-18-2012, 01:33 PM

Is this political??

asianthree
08-18-2012, 01:38 PM

:BigApplause: well trained human...

zonerboy
08-18-2012, 01:50 PM
My good old Mom (now 92) told us kids we had to eat 5 pounds of dirt before we died. So we played outside, dug in the dirt for worms, caught lizards and frogs. And if our cookie fell on the floor we picked it up and ate it anyway.
Later on during my pediatric rotations in medical school, I discovered that the kids with the most obsessive-compulsive, fastidious about cleanliness Mommies, were the same kids that got the most colds, were first to develop the latest flu of the season. And the same kids who were most prone to asthma and other allergic disorders.
So all you clean freaks out there, get over yourselves.

graciegirl
08-18-2012, 02:16 PM
My good old Mom (now 92) told us kids we had to eat 5 pounds of dirt before we died. So we played outside, dug in the dirt for worms, caught lizards and frogs. And if our cookie fell on the floor we picked it up and ate it anyway.
Later on during my pediatric rotations in medical school, I discovered that the kids with the most obsessive-compulsive, fastidious about cleanliness Mommies, were the same kids that got the most colds, were first to develop the latest flu of the season. And the same kids who were most prone to asthma and other allergic disorders.

YOu are so right. You can't build immunity and be healthy if your body never faces things to build defenses against. Unless your immune system is compromised with chemo or some such thing, you are better off not being too persnickity.

In fact it is better for you to not overdo the germ remover wipes and such.

Thank you kind sir for your wisdom.

I am a clean person but not a wiper offer of carts at stores.

graciegirl
08-18-2012, 02:22 PM

Is this political??

No. It is a condition that has always been with me.;) Swimdawg calles in DBD....dumb blonde disease. ..You silly!

Bogie Shooter
08-18-2012, 02:27 PM
[quote=Bogie Shooter;542992]

No. It is a condition that has always been with me.;) Swimdawg calles in DBD....dumb blonde disease. ..You silly!

Just trying to get this political thing straightened out for you.:laugh:

gomoho
08-18-2012, 02:34 PM
Thank you for the information about bringing the dog poop from home to the mail station. Will make my life much easier. Never thought of that!
I too was allowed to eat dirt and not freak out over every possible germ around and am pretty healthy so I guess it works - and yes I even walk around the house with my shoes on.

ilovetv
08-18-2012, 02:42 PM
I still think it is not necessary to bring the dog to the mail center. There are miles of other pathways to walk the dog on.

Plus, it's often difficult to carry all the junk mail and real mail and packages home with only one hand, when the other hand is holding the dog leash.

Better yet, take the dog for a golf cart ride to go and get the mail, and leave the dog harnessed in the seat for one minute while you get the mail. Then there would be NO dog messes there.

amazingone
08-18-2012, 02:49 PM

I'm impressed. I thought the community watch rode around in vehicles. Now I know they maintain a 24 hr. vigil at the front window.

Pturner
08-18-2012, 02:53 PM

Words of wisdom to live by.

PTurner
(A responsible dog owner)

Taltarzac725
08-18-2012, 03:02 PM
Quality?

Quality of dog poop.

Good point.

Some is a lot easier to pick up than others.

Pturner
08-18-2012, 03:18 PM

We did the same growing up. Always wondered if that was one reason I'm seldom sick and have no allergies (knock on wood). Even to this day, if my dog poops off my property, I bag it and carry it home.

Added the last sentence to stay on topic. :D

p.s., What's a dog poop thread without Fumar's humor? It's been a while. Hope he's okay.

graciegirl
08-18-2012, 03:18 PM
I'm impressed. I thought the community watch rode around in vehicles. Now I know they maintain a 24 hr. vigil at the front window.

That's me. Mrs. Kravitz.

Pturner
08-18-2012, 03:20 PM

Thanks. With Fumar away, I needed that.

:a20:

Joaniesmom
08-18-2012, 03:30 PM

Don't even think about starting another roundabout thread! I just got them figured out! Dog poop I pick up and take home with me. What the heck is the matter with those people? I hate to see or smell anybody's dog's poop. Even my little darlings own! Zheesh!

Roaddog53
08-18-2012, 03:34 PM
I think we are all pooped out on this one

Bogie Shooter
08-18-2012, 03:41 PM
I think we are all pooped out on this one

Wishful thinking!

SoccerCoach
08-18-2012, 03:48 PM
FOLKS! This is really simple. Pick up your dog's poop, take it with you, put it in your trash. What is so difficult?

Sanibel7
08-18-2012, 03:51 PM
I agree! I was getting my mail and there was an ederly man with his dog by the mailboxes and he just stood there as the dog peed around the area creating a large puddle by the mailboxes. Disgusting and the man didn't bat an eye and walked away when the dog was done like nothing happened! The was at the Hemingway area.

shcisamax
08-18-2012, 03:52 PM
Gee so what do you think about the dogs peeing on the trash cans or on the grass at the mail centers? Maybe this thread can get to 18 pages...

dog friendly
08-18-2012, 03:54 PM

We visited the villages 3 times, before we purchased our home 7 years ago. We were always told the people here take their pets with them even to the square, which we do not . Our last visit we stayed for a month, always being told this is a pet friendly retirement area, we had our dogs come with us, and they loved it here. We would not have purchased here if it was not pet friendly, that being said we always have our little blue bag, pick up and take it with us to our home. We always try to go to a common area, in the golf cart. Very seldom do I walk them in the neighborhood, but many do, and that is fine with me. Some residents do not like to see grandchildren here either, or their kids, or relatives, they just watch out the window, to see who is disturbing their lives. God Bless America

pooh
08-18-2012, 03:55 PM

OMG! This is funny!!! Now I have to clean my IPad screen, my drink was laughed from my mouth to it....:1rotfl::1rotfl:

Bill-n-Brillo
08-18-2012, 06:36 PM
I'm dog tired at this juncture..........

Bill :wave:

shcisamax
08-18-2012, 06:39 PM
I just think it is a bunch of crap.

JJ&TJ
08-18-2012, 06:42 PM
Someone needs a nap.

gomoho
08-18-2012, 06:45 PM
okay now the dog poop thread is getting personal and it's going to be the next thing to be shut down. Oh, Brother. Please lighten up and have fun with this - name calling is not necessary - once again, if it bothers you GET OFF.

shcisamax
08-18-2012, 06:50 PM
Oh boy poop's gonna hit the fan now..

asianthree
08-18-2012, 06:50 PM
does this thread beat the last dog poop thread?

justjim
08-18-2012, 06:58 PM
Whew! Finally got through all the posts on this thread. I don't know to laugh or cry!

My sweetie says neither-----you need to see a shrink! Nah, need something to drink.

HHMAN
08-18-2012, 07:04 PM

what could be easier?

Good idea but dont put the "junk" mail in your trash - recycle it! What a waste to put it in the trash.

ilovetv
08-18-2012, 07:31 PM
Good idea but dont put the "junk" mail in your trash - recycle it! What a waste to put it in the trash.

What's really a "waste" is that it was ever MAILED.

KeepingItReal
08-18-2012, 10:10 PM
The following post below is an outstanding post and is exactly how to be responsible for your dog. I love dogs and have had many which I only allowed to go on my property. A lot of people don't want it in their yard even if the owner does make an attempt to pick it up. Daily I see people takiing their dogs out of their yard to a yard across the street which is still an unsold home AND THEY DON'T PICK IT UP. so don't say everyone is responsible and follows the rules. We all know there are many that do not..All the jokes and comments are childish and pet owners cause the problems when they expect everyone else to love Fido as much as they do.

Originally Posted by beartrack :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter

I agree! That's a great post!

beartrack
08-18-2012, 10:12 PM
Somewhere back a few pages in this thread, I am too tired from laughing to look for it ( some of you have a great sense of humor) A poster asked me, by listing a bunch of options, what would I do if I saw someone at a postal center not picking up after their dog. Well I am just going to ignore that list and tell you what I DOO DOO !!

I pick up for them with a little shovel and a paper bag. Then I hop in my golf cart and follow them home. After they go inside, I place the paperbag in front of their front door. Then I light it on fire and ring their bell, then I run back to my golf cart and watch them come out and stomp out the fire

:1rotfl:

Thats my story and I'm sticking to it !!!!!!!!

dog friendly
08-18-2012, 10:49 PM
Lots of back yards!

OMG I agree this poop thread stinks!!!!!

dog friendly
08-18-2012, 10:57 PM

I think we shoud also fine people who drink too much at the town squares. You who do need to follow the rules.

Patty55
08-19-2012, 12:54 AM
I think we shoud also fine people who drink too much at the town squares. You who do need to follow the rules.

Yep, I think anyone in an area where smoking is allowed should be forced to smoke.

mickey100
08-19-2012, 06:32 AM
What's really a "waste" is that it was ever MAILED.

I agree, but we can't stop the junk mail, and l wish people in The Villages would become more responsible and RECYCLE it! :coolsmiley:

2 Oldcrabs
08-19-2012, 07:01 AM
Walk the dogs on the Golf Coures. Just make sure the females have 2" straps and the males have collared shirts. Remove the trash cans!:boxing2:

shcisamax
08-19-2012, 07:06 AM
The grandchildren....oh my how they make noise in the pools. All that glee...You can barely hear the music at Sanibel..

Taltarzac725
08-19-2012, 07:06 AM
Walk the dogs on the Golf Coures. Just make sure the females have 2" straps and the males have collared shirts. Remove the trash cans!:boxing2:

The developers would hate that. Dogs are illegal on the golf course. You would be trespassing.

Have had friends who live on the edge of the golf course who allow their pets to wander onto it at night. Have not heard from them for a long time though.

Not sure why people are so upset that others use trash cans for trash. It is not a recycling bin. Make all the trash cans at postal centers recycling bins would be my suggestion. Then people will not also put food in them or other things that start to smell after a little while. Food is also usually not bagged up like dog poop.

Patty55
08-19-2012, 10:25 AM

If not for the wildlfe you could just turn them loose on the golf course...OOPS, got loose again.

paulandjean
08-19-2012, 10:46 AM

This I do not understand? Are you saying "You drink to much at the town squares"?

old moe
08-19-2012, 02:48 PM
H.

Not sure why people are so upset that others use trash cans for trash. It is not a recycling bin. Make all the trash cans at postal centers recycling bins would be my suggestion. Then people will not also put food in them or other things that start to smell after a little while. Food is also usually not bagged up like dog poop.

:popcorn:aGREED,with this poster.What do you people WANT,fromthe dog owners? THEY ARE DOING THE RIGHT THING BY CLEANIBG UP AFTER THIER PET, TRASH IS TRASH, WOULD A DAY OLD TUNA SANDWICH SMELL ANY BETTER IN THE CAN? tHE CANS ARE EMPTIED DAILY ,yES? SO LIGHTEN UP ,wHATS BECOME OF THE FRIENDLIST HOMETOWN IN AMERICA? LETS ALL TRY TO PLAY NICE. :ho::ho:

SoccerCoach
08-19-2012, 03:13 PM
njbchbum. . . I fully agree, sometimes the solution is so simple it goes unnoticed!

Pet owners, Just police your pet's droppings, bring it home, put it in the trash, done.

gerryann
08-19-2012, 03:18 PM
njbchbum. . . I fully agree, sometimes the solution is so simple it goes unnoticed!

Pet owners, Just police your pet's droppings, bring it home, put it in the trash, done.

Unfortunately, it's just that 1% who don't, and ruin it for everyone else. I would never even dream of not picking it up.

amazingone
08-19-2012, 03:27 PM
:popcorn:aGREED,with this poster.What do you people WANT,fromthe dog owners? THEY ARE DOING THE RIGHT THING BY CLEANIBG UP AFTER THIER PET, TRASH IS TRASH, WOULD A DAY OLD TUNA SANDWICH SMELL ANY BETTER IN THE CAN? tHE CANS ARE EMPTIED DAILY ,yES? SO LIGHTEN UP ,wHATS BECOME OF THE FRIENDLIST HOMETOWN IN AMERICA? LETS ALL TRY TO PLAY NICE. :ho::ho:

Sorry to inform you that dog **** is not trash. How'd you like to be the one that emptys it every day. I thought dog owners were responsible people but this thread has dispelled any notion of that being true. Your dog should crap in his or her own yard and it's owner should put it in his own trash. Why not flush it down the toilet like you hopefully do with your own? OMG, you don't transport to the mail box too?

Roaddog53
08-19-2012, 05:01 PM
:1rotfl: I just have to say it than... So that means you won't mind if the dogs and others take a dump in your yard since based on your statement it's a dumping ground!

JSR22
08-19-2012, 05:04 PM
I'm confused . I thought as long as I paid my Amenities Fee my dog and I can take a dump wherever we want.

For an extra $10 a month you and your dog can use the golf courses after sunset. It is well worth $10 for the privilege.

08-19-2012, 05:12 PM
112 posts later, it's all been said. The tone is degrading.

Thread closed.