PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with back arrow?

CatskillBill
08-26-2012, 08:20 PM
Is it just me, or do some of you sometimes have trouble with the back arrow not working to see the previous page?

It gets annoying not being able to go back a page or two, and have to click on the new posts tab to start all over again.

Any help will be appreciated.

getdul981
08-26-2012, 08:23 PM
Mine works.

TOTV Team
08-26-2012, 08:24 PM
We aren't having an issue with ours. You may want to try a different browser and see if it continues.

Bill-n-Brillo
08-26-2012, 09:37 PM
Catskill, FWIW - - - -

If the problem you're having is that you click the back arrow and nothing seems to happen with your screen, ie. it still sits on the same page, try doing this and see if it makes a difference:

- Hover the cursor over the back arrow
- With the left mouse button, single-click and hold it
- A drop-down list should then appear
- Let off the mouse button
- Scroll down to what you really want for your next page
- Single click that entry

I experience the same thing on my machine. For whatever reason, sometimes I get multiple iterations of the same page that occur when I'm browsing through all the New Posts after I log in. By following the above steps and selecting the "Talk of The Villages - Search Results" item that's closest to the top of that drop-down list, it takes me back to where I left off.

It doesn't really fix anything but at least it's a work-around. Hopefully that'll take care of it for you as well. And hopefully this makes some sense!! :D

Bill :)

CatskillBill
08-26-2012, 09:50 PM
Makes sense to me, and it's a good work around. Glad I'm not the only one that expierenced that problem. Thanks for the great advice Bill

Bill-n-Brillo
08-26-2012, 09:56 PM
No problem - glad it helped!

Biker Dog
08-27-2012, 05:23 AM
Is it just me, or do some of you sometimes have trouble with the back arrow not working to see the previous page?

It gets annoying not being able to go back a page or two, and have to click on the new posts tab to start all over again.

Any help will be appreciated.

I am having the same problem and that fix didn't work. No drop down menu popped up. :swear:

zcaveman
08-27-2012, 06:15 AM
I have a rare problem when the back button does not work on TOTV with IE. I hit the refresh button and everything gets better. Since it is rare I am trying to figure out what is in the posts on that page that is giving me the problem.

No success so far.

Madelaine Amee
08-27-2012, 06:58 AM
I use Firefox and I rarely use the back arrow for anything. I place the curser over the back arrow, right click which brings up a menu of the pages I have been using, and scroll down to TOTV Search, click search and you are back.

By clicking on the right side of the mouse I am able to use that application for most of what I want to do; i.e. copy, cut, paste, delete, font etc. It's a super quick and easy application.

Sometime, when you have the time, open a document and play with the right click on the mouse and see what you can do with it.

Bill-n-Brillo
08-27-2012, 07:47 AM
...... I place the curser over the back arrow, right click which brings up a menu of the pages I have been using, and scroll down to TOTV Search, click search and you are back. ........

Hey, that's cool! I learned something new today - I've never done that with the right mouses button and the back arrow before. Thanks! :wave:

In this instance, it accomplishes exactly the same thing as a single-click-and-hold of the left mouse button when the cursor's over the back arrow. As is generally the case, there's more than one way to get the job done!

Thanks again -

CatskillBill
08-27-2012, 08:35 AM
Thanks for another tip on solving this problem. The way it stands now is all three methods are hit or miss. Sometimes they work and sometimes they don't.

It's time to go back to Foxfire.

Virtual Geezer
08-27-2012, 10:47 AM
Your not the only one but the problem is hit or miss on TOTV. I can read a new post and hit the back arrow and go back while on other posts it will not work. This seems to have started again within the last two weeks or so.

It is NOT an IE 9 issue. I frequent about 5 or 6 other forums that use the same vBulletin software (different versions) that is used here on TOTV and have no issues using the back arrow on those.

I have tried it numerous times on this current log on and am not having the issue but who knows what will happen if I try later today.

VG

mak44070
08-27-2012, 10:59 AM
I'm a keyboard person, so all I do is hit the 'alt' key, and the left arrow key to go back a page.

REDCART
08-27-2012, 12:32 PM
Your not the only one but the problem is hit or miss on TOTV. I can read a new post and hit the back arrow and go back while on other posts it will not work. This seems to have started again within the last two weeks or so.

It is NOT an IE 9 issue. I frequent about 5 or 6 other forums that use the same vBulletin software (different versions) that is used here on TOTV and have no issues using the back arrow on those.

I have tried it numerous times on this current log on and am not having the issue but who knows what will happen if I try later today.

VG

Same for me. Only on TOTV I have to hit the "back-arrow" key 3X to return to the prior page. I'm running IE9 but it works fine on all other web sites.

English Ivy
08-27-2012, 02:53 PM
Been having this same problem for the past couple weeks. Normally I left click the back arrow which takes me back to my previous page, normally the listing of new posts. If it doesn't work and I right click the back arrow which should show me the list of previous pages I've been on I get a long list of the following:

http://view.atdmt.com/iview/3961369

I'm assuming this is associated with the various google type advertising on TOTV but I'm not sure. Just know it is a pain in the you know where! Admin, do you know what that link means?

asianthree
08-27-2012, 07:20 PM
have same problem last two weeks

Virtual Geezer
08-27-2012, 08:12 PM
I have been on TOTV off and on today maybe 4 or 5 times and the back arrow has worked properly every time.

VG

zcaveman
08-28-2012, 06:48 AM
I have been on TOTV off and on today maybe 4 or 5 times and the back arrow has worked properly every time.

VG

That's the way it goes!! This problem is so intermittent it is hard to guess when it is going to happen. Ihave gone a couple of days without a problem and then :boom: it happens. :shrug:

REDCART
08-28-2012, 12:03 PM
Today I noticed that on TOTV clicking the back arrow just once works as it's supposed. Go figure! Wonder what the admins have been up to?

2BNTV
08-28-2012, 01:25 PM
FWIW - It does this on other sites as well.

KayakerNC
08-28-2012, 02:41 PM
Spilling something liquid on your keyboard can cause that problem.
I'd rather not say how I know.:beer3: