PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo Pickem league

zcaveman
08-29-2012, 07:36 PM
Is anyone going to statup a Yahoo Pickem league this year?

Z

bkcunningham1
08-29-2012, 07:47 PM
Did you get left out too?

Skip2MySue
08-29-2012, 08:49 PM
Is anyone going to statup a Yahoo Pickem league this year?

Z

Z, I got envolved this year in the Daily Sun Fantasy Football League. Good Lord what did I get myself into.:pray: There was something about a draft so I showed up and boy do these guys play for real.....Spreadsheets, notes and various rosters ready for the picking.:posting: I brought a pen. The picking was fast and furious with 90 seconds between picks and I'm holding on by a thread trying to figure out who was already picked and who should I choose next. And this went on for 16 rounds. Somehow I got thru it with nobody swearing at me. Then they decided to discuss free agents, trades, waivers and the scoring system. By the time I left my head was spinning and I will be basing my strategy on beginners luck. I'm sure by seasons end I'll end up at the bottom of the heap. But I'll be ready for next year :1rotfl:
Skip 2
P.S. The pizza was good

Northstar
08-29-2012, 09:16 PM
Count me in if you guys decide to form a league.

bkcunningham1
08-29-2012, 09:31 PM
Z, I got envolved this year in the Daily Sun Fantasy Football League. Good Lord what did I get myself into.:pray: There was something about a draft so I showed up and boy do these guys play for real.....Spreadsheets, notes and various rosters ready for the picking.:posting: I brought a pen. The picking was fast and furious with 90 seconds between picks and I'm holding on by a thread trying to figure out who was already picked and who should I choose next. And this went on for 16 rounds. Somehow I got thru it with nobody swearing at me. Then they decided to discuss free agents, trades, waivers and the scoring system. By the time I left my head was spinning and I will be basing my strategy on beginners luck. I'm sure by seasons end I'll end up at the bottom of the heap. But I'll be ready for next year :1rotfl:
Skip 2
P.S. The pizza was good

LOL That is a good lesson. Glad the pizza was good.

zcaveman
08-30-2012, 05:35 AM
I always liked the pickem because it is an easy to play format. No drafts and it is all you and the odds in the newspaper plus your gut feelings. It is kind of like the office pools I used to play.

Let me look into how hard it is to set up and I will get back to you.

Z

Taltarzac725
08-30-2012, 07:48 AM
I always liked the pickem because it is an easy to play format. No drafts and it is all you and the odds in the newspaper plus your gut feelings. It is kind of like the office pools I used to play.

Let me look into how hard it is to set up and I will get back to you.

Z

I will join if you start one up.