PDA

View Full Version : Downton Abbey

twotogo
09-23-2012, 05:28 PM
Just moved to TV. Have watched Downton Abbey on PBS back in Wisconsin.
Is it available on Comcast & Brighthouse? If so, please mention what channel or station it has been on here in TV. According to Parade it's supposed to start Jan 6th. Thanks Really love this show!

Joaniesmom
09-23-2012, 10:12 PM
Me, too! Love it!

johnfarr
09-24-2012, 07:34 AM
We use Roku to stream Netflix, which offers Downton. Newer TVs and DVDs have the streaming technology built in, so you do not need ROKU.

Suggestion: we use closed captions to translate some of the British jargon used 100 years ago.

Great show for those who appreciate such stories!

Taltarzac725
09-24-2012, 08:42 AM
We use Roku to stream Netflix, which offers Downton. Newer TVs and DVDs have the streaming technology built in, so you do not need ROKU.

Suggestion: we use closed captions to translate some of the British jargon used 100 years ago.

Great show for those who appreciate such stories!

I too usually need subtitles to understand British words. Downton Abbey is on at least one of the Orlando/Gainesville area PBS channels. You might be able to get the DVD of some of the seasons from the Lake, Marion, and/or Sumter County Library systems.

2catsmeow
09-24-2012, 09:52 AM
Just moved to TV. Have watched Downton Abbey on PBS back in Wisconsin.
Is it available on Comcast & Brighthouse? If so, please mention what channel or station it has been on here in TV. According to Parade it's supposed to start Jan 6th. Thanks Really love this show!

I also love Downton Abbey and can't wait for the new season. I have Comcast and you can get it on channel 4 or in HD it is channel 440.

BritParrothead
09-25-2012, 06:52 AM
The new season started 3 weeks ago here in England. So far, so very good!! Shirley Maclean is better that I expected, she has some good lines, not many, but good all the same.
Enjoy when it arrives in the US :popcorn: