PDA

View Full Version : Playing with black and white pix

Boudicca
11-26-2012, 11:48 PM
I am experimenting with black and white photos, and its a whole new ballgame - these are flowers and leaves from my landscaping, and trees in the parking lot at Pelican course.

jblum315
11-27-2012, 04:10 AM
I love black and white photos. Used to do b&w exclusively back when I had a film camera and a darkroom. You should think of joining one of the camera clubs.

graciegirl
11-27-2012, 06:14 AM
Sandra. You have been blessed with an amazing talent. You don't take photographs you create masterpieces. You are Michaelangelo with a lens.

I am in awe of you.

And you are so dear and kind too.

I am SO lucky to know you.

Boudicca
11-27-2012, 06:14 AM
Thank you for your input, jblum315, I was intimidated by the type of cameras and lenses folks from the camera club were discussing, on the day I submitted my "point and click" entries to the Daily Sun's competition. I use a photography program on on my computer to change the color etc., on my photos uploaded to the pc. However, I would enjoy learning how to arrange a frame etc. Retirement has afforded me the time enjoy my little hobbies :)

Boudicca
11-27-2012, 06:17 AM
Gracie, thank you so much for your kind and generous comments. When folks "visit" TOTV, more than once, they will recognize you as our unofficial (yet, very official) :) ambassador of goodwill and commonsense. Its always a "great day in The Villages"

Uptown Girl
11-27-2012, 07:48 AM
Have you considered trying some b/w portraiture? Even just hands or feet? Or portions of a face?
I think you would be very good at it!

Boudicca
11-27-2012, 09:20 AM
Appreciate all the input, and I will take Uptown's advice and "have a go" at hands and feet, then graduate to portraits - would not want to offend any person brave enough to let me use their face (hubby!!!) TOTV sponsor's advice is also well taken, but I simply use a Cannon Power Shot digital, and upload the chip's content to my computer. I used natural sunlight penetrating the petals on photos above, (my yoga practice permitted some contortions to get "the" shot) then digitally removed any color. Its a hobby :)

obxgal
11-27-2012, 06:59 PM
Sandra, I framed you beautiful black and white photos with a program called Paint Shop Pro by Corel you can google it if your interested. It's also a photo editing program you can have a lot of fun with.

http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp239/obxgal/playingwithblackandwhite.png
http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp239/obxgal/shrandell.png

Boudicca
11-27-2012, 07:48 PM
THANK YOU!! Obxgal. What a creative way to display photos. You are waaay ahead of me in creativity. I'll be happy to google the Paint Shop program and give it a whirl.

obxgal
11-27-2012, 10:28 PM
Your quite welcome Sandra. I've been dabbling with it for about seven years now, so I should be able to do something by now. LOL
There are a ton of tutorials on the internet also and learning groups.

http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp239/obxgal/Merry/Merry_believe2_agi-vi.jpg