PDA

View Full Version : Who has any good slow cooker /crockpot recipes to share?

senior citizen
12-10-2012, 03:48 PM

jblum315
12-10-2012, 04:12 PM
I cook beef brisket in my slow cooker. I salt and pepper and brown it first, then put in slow cooker with sliced onion and one small can of tomato juice. Cook on high for about five hours until fork tender. I

senior citizen
12-10-2012, 04:14 PM

OldDave
12-10-2012, 04:17 PM
I truly love BBQ, but as I've gotten older, I simply cannot tolerate smoke whether natural or liquid smoke. Of course anything you buy has smoke. So here is what I've come up with.

Take a large fresh pork shoulder.

Rinse and then pat dry.

Cover and rub in the following: (from the famous Oklahoma Joe's in KC)

• 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
• 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
• 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
• 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
• 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
• 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon onion powder
• 1 teaspoon white pepper
• 1 teaspoon ground black pepper

Put the shoulder in the cooker, fat side up. I also have a large oval cooker with an insert. If this is truly a large shoulder, it will be a tight fit, but as long as you can get it in, it will be fine. Add nothing to it.

On mine it cooks about 15 hours on low. I start it around 4 or 5 pm. Since mine only does 12 hours on low, I reset it before I go to bed. You get up around 7 or 8am and it's done. Turn the heat off and let it sit in the liquid for 30-60 minutes. Take it out and I like to sit it on a jelly roll pan to catch the juice. Let it cool further to be able to handle it. Carefully separate everything. My family hates fat, so I am very careful. Chop it coarsely and put in a large bowl. I put in 3-4 ladles of the juices, just until moist then mix in my favorite BBQ sauce. It freezes great in a quart zip lock. This will make about 3 of those full. (Although we eat it so fast there is little reason to freeze it.) Hope you like it.

senior citizen
12-10-2012, 08:22 PM

bethk
12-12-2012, 07:05 AM
My favorite crock pot recipe came from a cooking forum friend many, many years ago.

It must be noted if you are on a salt restricted diet this is NOT for you....

Italian Beef Pot Roast

3# Beef Chuck Roast
1 pkg. Brown Gravy Mix (dry envelope)
1 pkg. Ranch Salad Dressing Mix (dry envelope)
1 pkg. Italian Salad Dressing Mix (dry envelope)
1/2 c. Water

Put beef roast into crock pot (I use the Reynolds Crock Pot Liners for ease of cleanup)...no need to sear or brown first. Pour 1/2 c. water around roast. Mix all dry mix ingredients together and sprinkle over the top of the roast. It will look like a lot but just sprinkle all on.

Add lid and cook on high for 1 hour and then on low for 8 - 10 hours. It is important to not raise the lid as the condensation drips on the dry mix and "melts" it into the meat giving the meat a browned & seared look and taste.

Leftover roast gets shredded (excess fat removed) and the juices poured over. Reheat. Spoon on to toasted "sub" rolls & top with mozzarella cheese, browned slightly under the broiler, for Italian Beef Sandwiches. The shredded beef with the juices freezes well so it's an easy "pull out" meal.

On edit: It is not necessary to purchase "brand name" dry mixes. The first time I made the recipe I used Hidden Valley dry Ranch Dressing and Seven Seas dry Italian Dressing mix - ever since then I've purchased the less expensive store brand variety and the recipe works just as well.

OldDave
12-12-2012, 07:33 AM
Beth, that sounds really interesting. Being in Kansas there aren't a lot of Italian beef sandwich places, but I see it on Food TV and it looks really good. But I'm wondering with 3 packets of stuff on it, isn't it awfully strong?

graciegirl
12-12-2012, 07:40 AM
Went to the market place at Brownwood for the first time on Saturday. Found so many truly wonderful things that I had to hold myself back so as to not to buy too much and waste them.

Brought home fresh green beans. I am an Ohio girl so I love the country style of cooking them low and slow.

I snapped them and put them in a slow cooker with a couple of tablespoons of cut up bacon that I had fried, (with the drippings) and two chicken boullian cubes, two cups of water, salt and pepper and two cut up potatoes and half a large onion cut up. Cooked them on high for an hour and then on low for a couple of hours.

WONDERFUL!

senior citizen
12-12-2012, 07:44 AM

mak44070
12-12-2012, 07:50 AM
Kelly's Slow Cooker Ribs

4 lbs baby back ribs
1 small onion sliced
1 cup Coke™ (NOT Diet)
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 bottle barbeque sauce (any flavor)

Cut ribs into serving sections. Salt and pepper them. Place ribs under broiler for about 15 minutes. Then put ribs in crock pot. Top with everything else.

Turn the crock pot on low and cook for 10 to 12 hours.
The Coke seems to melt a lot of the fat.

Serves 6 :icon_hungry:

bethk
12-12-2012, 07:55 AM
Actually, the recipe doesn't come off as too strongly flavored (IMO) and the long slow cooking produces plenty of liquid so I've never had to add more than the 1/2 c. of water. As stated, it's important to not raise the lid so all the moisture is retained in the slow cooker. I have substituted wine or stock to see if there was a difference and I could not detect any flavor difference so I continue to add the water.

When I reheat the shredded beef for sandwiches I usually let it simmer for a while to allow the juices to reduce a bit for a thicker "sauce" (so it doesn't soak into the toasted buns too much).

bethk
12-12-2012, 08:01 AM
Went to the market place at Brownwood for the first time on Saturday. Found so many truly wonderful things that I had to hold myself back so as to not to buy too much and waste them.

I went with a friend on Saturday as well - it was FABULOUS !!

I certainly hope they continue to invite the vendors to return - the selection of fresh vegetables and (OMG) fresh baked breads & baked goods....absolutely wonderful to find such variety. I have never seen bulk pasta sold at a market before - and the many different shapes and flavors was amazing.

I ended up purchasing a lovely green tomato and one ear of sweet and tender fresh Florida sweet corn for an amazing lunch. I may be from Ohio but fried green tomatoes are one of my all time favorites!

bethk
12-12-2012, 08:04 AM
Kelly's Slow Cooker Ribs

4 lbs baby back ribs
1 small onion sliced
1 cup Coke™ (NOT Diet)
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 bottle barbeque sauce (any flavor)

Cut ribs into serving sections. Salt and pepper them. Place ribs under broiler for about 15 minutes. Then put ribs in crock pot. Top with everything else.

Turn the crock pot on low and cook for 10 to 12 hours.
The Coke seems to melt a lot of the fat.

Serves 6 :icon_hungry:

Mary Ann - this recipe works equally well with a pork shoulder roast - love making shredded pork sandwiches from this!

lanabanana73
12-12-2012, 09:51 AM
Kalua Pig in a Slow Cooker

Rated:
Submitted By: KIKUKAT
Photo By: Allrecipes
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Hours
Ready In: 20 Hours 10 Minutes
Servings: 12
"Slow-cooker pork butt roast with delicious smoky taste."

INGREDIENTS:
1 (6 pound) pork butt roast
1 1/2 tablespoons Hawaiian sea salt
1 tablespoon liquid smoke flavoring

DIRECTIONS:
1. Pierce pork all over with a carving fork. Rub salt then liquid smoke over meat. Place roast in a slow cooker.
2. Cover, and cook on Low for 16 to 20 hours, turning once during cooking time.
3. Remove meat from slow cooker, and shred, adding drippings as needed to moisten.

lanabanana73
12-12-2012, 09:57 AM
2 cans Cr of Chicken soup
1 can chicken broth
1/4 C white wine
1 onion, minced
4-6 boneless chicken breasts
1 can Pillsbury biscuits

Poor stuff on chicken, cook on high for 3 hrs. Add biscuits (cut in quarters) to the broth and cook an additional two hrs.

senior citizen
12-12-2012, 11:39 AM

senior citizen
12-12-2012, 11:54 AM

batman911
12-12-2012, 12:40 PM
Kalua Pig in a Slow Cooker

Rated:
Submitted By: KIKUKAT
Photo By: Allrecipes
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Hours
Ready In: 20 Hours 10 Minutes
Servings: 12
"Slow-cooker pork butt roast with delicious smoky taste."

INGREDIENTS:
1 (6 pound) pork butt roast
1 1/2 tablespoons Hawaiian sea salt
1 tablespoon liquid smoke flavoring

DIRECTIONS:
1. Pierce pork all over with a carving fork. Rub salt then liquid smoke over meat. Place roast in a slow cooker.
2. Cover, and cook on Low for 16 to 20 hours, turning once during cooking time.
3. Remove meat from slow cooker, and shred, adding drippings as needed to moisten.

Do you bury the crock pot in the ground while it is cooking?

senior citizen
12-12-2012, 01:54 PM

l2ridehd
12-12-2012, 03:28 PM
Doesn't have a name I know of, so call it Chris's roast or what ever you want.

3 lbs of chuck or round roast cut into 2 or 3 inch blocks.
1 large onion quartered
Couple stocks of celery cut into small pieces, use the stock, leafs and all.
Root vegetables you like cut into 3/4 inch pieces. Carrots, Parsnips, turnips, rutabagas, potatoes.
Place onion in bottom, next add the meat, then all the root vegetables except potatoes. (save those for the last 1.5 hours)
Add a can of cream of mushroom soup and a cup or more of red wine.
Salt and pepper to taste.

Add a bit more water if needed. Cook on high for an hour then on low for 7 to 8 hours. Add the potatoes the last 1.5 hours.

Comes out perfect every time. A complete meal in the pot. I have also added green beans and squash but also during the end time.

OldDave
12-12-2012, 03:44 PM
I'm sure glad Senior started this thread. I cannot tell you how much I've enjoyed copying all of these into my recipe file. I just bought a slow cooker several months ago, and haven't been using it as much as I'd like. Now I will.

I have one more recipe, but it's so simple I hesitate to list it. I think of myself as a pretty talented cook, but am probably fooling myself, but I want to keep up my reputation.

My pot roast recipe is just about my favorite, because it takes about 2 minutes to make.

I always made this in a dutch oven on the stove, but it works just as well in the crock pot and I don't have to worry about the cat checking it out.

3-4 pound roast of your choice. (I used to brown it, but honestly I see no different if you don't and a lot of cooking shows now say it really doesn't lock in anything.)

Salt, Pepper and Thyme. Put it in the crock pot. Add one can of beef broth, and one can of Campbells French onion soup. If you do it on the stove about 3.5 hours on simmer. The crock pot takes closer to 4 or a little more on high. The best thing about this is that the juices are ready to thicken for gravy without adding anything.

My mouth is watering from all of this, so I'm going to go have a frozen burrito for my dinner, lol. I always cook supper for my wife since she is still working and I"m not, but we have a financial guy coming at 5 and I'm under orders not to smell up the house cooking.

Thanks again everyone.

senior citizen
12-13-2012, 06:36 AM

senior citizen
12-13-2012, 06:38 AM

senior citizen
12-13-2012, 06:53 AM

Bobbie416
12-13-2012, 06:57 AM
Arroz con Pollo - My favorite recipe for crock pot arroz con pollo was in the little cookbook that came with my first Rival crock pot. This was a shower gift, so it had to have been about 38 years ago. Nothing needed to be pre-browned. I cannot find the recipe anywhere. Figured someone here might have it. I would sure appreciate a copy of it, if you do have it.

senior citizen
12-13-2012, 07:01 AM

senior citizen
12-13-2012, 07:05 AM

senior citizen
12-13-2012, 07:10 AM

OldDave
12-13-2012, 07:18 AM
We have been married 39 years. We got a Rival Crock Pot for out wedding. It was a great kind with a pot that sat on a base or could go on the stove. Now my wife never throws away an instruction book. I went and looked but could not find it.

BUT, I did a google search for the exact name of what came up below. Let me know if this is it:

RIVAL CROCK POT ARROZ CON POLLO

2 skinless boneless chicken breast, halved
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1 tablespoon corn oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 small red pepper, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon rosemary
1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes, chopped
1 (10 ounce) pkg frozen peas
2 cups cooked rice (to serve)

Season chicken with salt, pepper and paprika.

In medium skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and brown. Put chicken in Crock Pot.

In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients except the peas and rice. Pour over chicken.

Cover; cook on Low 7 to 9 hours (High 3 to 4 hours). One hour before serving, add peas.

Serve over cooked rice.

Servings: 4
Source: Rival Crock Pot Cook Booklet

senior citizen
12-13-2012, 07:23 AM

senior citizen
12-13-2012, 07:25 AM

Virtual Geezer
12-13-2012, 08:08 AM
Sauerkraut and Polish Kielbasa:

The longer it cooks, the better the flavor.
Reminds me of the "old" "KAPUSTA".......

Sauerkraut and pork country spare ribs can also be done in slow cooker........
Really easy.

Kapusta. Oh may, that really takes me back. Mom only knew how to make it in very large quantities and it was sooooo good. It was better even better days later.

Looking for a good easy to make beef stroganoff recipe.

VG

senior citizen
12-13-2012, 08:57 AM

senior citizen
12-13-2012, 09:13 AM

oxfordnative
01-15-2013, 01:32 PM
If you google (or already have) the recipe for Buffalo Chicken dip, you can convert it to a crock recipe!! So easy, and soo good. I usually don't use all of te Frank's hot sauce that it calls for. It can get a little too hot! But, just dump it all in the crock and stir every few hours! I usually do 4 hours on high or 6 on low!

lovsthosebigdogs
01-15-2013, 07:05 PM

Brought home fresh green beans. I am an Ohio girl so I love the country style of cooking them low and slow.

I snapped them and put them in a slow cooker with a couple of tablespoons of cut up bacon that I had fried, (with the drippings) and two chicken boullian cubes, two cups of water, salt and pepper and two cut up potatoes and half a large onion cut up. Cooked them on high for an hour and then on low for a couple of hours.

WONDERFUL!

Gracie, I'm going to try this. I liked your corn casserole. I just can't get behiind all this meat (like my husband wishes I would, ha ha) but your green beans sound good. Thanks.

gomoho
01-15-2013, 07:29 PM
I LOVE my crockpot, but seems when I cook meat it is always very, very fall of the bone, but dry. Anyone else have this problem and how can I fix it??? Maybe I'm cooking too long? but follow the recipe guidelines.

Karen Louise
01-15-2013, 07:41 PM
Hey this is one of my favorites, too. I found organic envelopes and use half each to cut down salt. I also add chopped onion-carrot-celery mire poix on bottom.

Karen Louise
01-15-2013, 07:48 PM
One of my favorite easy breezy ones is bag of frozen chicken tenders (frozen or thawed), 2 cans of golden mushroom soup, 1/2 cup (or more) of marsala wine. Cook 4 to 6 hrs. About 1 hr before end add package of baby bella slice mushrooms. Can add some carrots, onions if want.

california dreamer
02-16-2013, 05:52 PM
Now that we have a gas stove, and are on a fixed income for the first time, I really would like more slow cooker recipes! I even went to the library today and checked out "slow cooker cooking for dummys".
I think the crock pot is great for TV living. With active lifestyle, and to be flexible on dinner time.

Ohiogirl
02-17-2013, 09:49 AM
Now that we have a gas stove, and are on a fixed income for the first time, I really would like more slow cooker recipes! I even went to the library today and checked out "slow cooker cooking for dummys".
I think the crock pot is great for TV living. With active lifestyle, and to be flexible on dinner time.

I like the crock pot too, and will be using a couple of these recipes, but not sure what having a gas stove now means?

I have had both gas and elec ranges over the years, and much prefer gas. I cook at home a lot (maybe 5 out of 7 nights, if not more) and don't find a gas stove to be much of an expense. Feb. gas bill was $36 and includes gas dryer, gas hot water and heat (admittedly haven't needed heat much this year) along with the much-used gas range.

Here is my daughter's (working mom) super-quick pot roast recipe (can be found on foodnetwork.com):

Beef Pot Roast

1 (12 oz bag) frozen onions
1 (8 oz bag) frozen baby carrots
1 (8 oz pkg) sliced mushrooms
1/2 pound small new potatoes, halved
4 lbs. beef chuck roast, rinsed and patted dry
salt and pepper
2 T canola oil
1 can condensed cream of celery soup
1 packet onion soup mix
1 c. low-sodium beef broth
1/4 cup steak sauce

Brown meat in oil over med-high heat, add to slow cooker on top of veggies.

In small bowl, stir soup, soup mix, beef broth and steak sauce, pour over top. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 8-9 hours.

Being frugal and liking to cook, I use fresh instead of frozen, and slice my own mushrooms and carrots and onions. Amounts don't have to be exact. I don't use any oil and use a non-stick pan for the beef, just spray with Pam or similar. I use low-sodium or light soup (can substitute cr of mushroom or really any cream soup). I make my own beef broth either from the drippings or soup base concentrate. The steak sauce seems to give it an added kick from my usual pot roast recipe.

lanabanana73
02-17-2013, 05:45 PM
2lbs stew beef
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1/2C sherry
2 large onions, thinly sliced
1lb baby carrots
1 can mushrooms, drained
salt and pepper to taste

Dump it all in the crockpot and cook on low all day. I like to serve it on mashed potatoes.

skyc6
02-17-2013, 10:11 PM
LOVE THIS THREAD!!! Many thanks for all the great recipes!

CFrance
02-17-2013, 10:55 PM
I like the crock pot too, and will be using a couple of these recipes, but not sure what having a gas stove now means?

I have had both gas and elec ranges over the years, and much prefer gas. I cook at home a lot (maybe 5 out of 7 nights, if not more) and don't find a gas stove to be much of an expense. Feb. gas bill was $36 and includes gas dryer, gas hot water and heat (admittedly haven't needed heat much this year) along with the much-used gas range.

Here is my daughter's (working mom) super-quick pot roast recipe (can be found on foodnetwork.com):

Beef Pot Roast

1 (12 oz bag) frozen onions
1 (8 oz bag) frozen baby carrots
1 (8 oz pkg) sliced mushrooms
1/2 pound small new potatoes, halved
4 lbs. beef chuck roast, rinsed and patted dry
salt and pepper
2 T canola oil
1 can condensed cream of celery soup
1 packet onion soup mix
1 c. low-sodium beef broth
1/4 cup steak sauce

Brown meat in oil over med-high heat, add to slow cooker on top of veggies.

In small bowl, stir soup, soup mix, beef broth and steak sauce, pour over top. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 8-9 hours.

Being frugal and liking to cook, I use fresh instead of frozen, and slice my own mushrooms and carrots and onions. Amounts don't have to be exact. I don't use any oil and use a non-stick pan for the beef, just spray with Pam or similar. I use low-sodium or light soup (can substitute cr of mushroom or really any cream soup). I make my own beef broth either from the drippings or soup base concentrate. The steak sauce seems to give it an added kick from my usual pot roast recipe.

Maybe California dreamer might mean the gas burners give off a lot of heat?

For a ton of slow cooker recipes, google... well, "slow cooker recipes"! Allrecipes.com has a lot, as does food network, cookinglight.com, tasteofhome.com... endless.

At all recipes you can sign up for a newsletter that will deliver recipes to your email.

Ohiogirl
02-18-2013, 05:13 AM
I don't find that the burners give off much heat, but the oven does. Same goes for electric oven - they all have blowers nowadays that heat up the house a lot. I also have one of those countertop toaster/convection ovens. I use that a lot, especially when it's warm here. Just have to keep reminding myself that it cooks a lot quicker and cut the time to about 2/3 of what the recipe says.

Plus, not everything fits in it (the convection countertop), so don't do many big roasts, or ham except in cooler weather mostly. Don't do many big roasts anyway, except now looking for great crock pot recipes per this post.

Pizza needs to go in the regular oven. We use the grill outside many nights a week in nice weather. To us, it's important that the grill be located on the shady side of the house in the evening.

Anyone have a good brisket crock pot recipe?

simpkinp
02-18-2013, 12:25 PM
My mother in law's Hungarian Goulash recipe was NOT from Betty Crocker cookbook, 1950's edition.........but from her sister who married a Hungarian fellow. It was his mom's recipe. Only thing slightly different was that instead of WATER we used apple cider vinegar and water for the liquid, with the brown sugar.

This version, though, in the crockpot ......is very fragrant and seems the same........

What kind of paprika, hot or sweet? I brought both types back from Budapest last fall. I am looking for a good recipe for Chicken Paprikash. My late husband used to make it and I don't know how he did it. He was always watching the Food Network since he was home all day and I was at work/

senior citizen
03-02-2013, 05:00 AM

delima2000
03-02-2013, 06:04 AM
Graciegirl instead of cut up bacon try a couple of country style spare ribs in the green beans along with the potatoes and onions. I brown the spare ribs in a little oil and our it over the green beans and then slow cook. Yummy.can make a dinner of spare ribs,potatoes ,and green beans

senior citizen
03-02-2013, 06:35 AM

senior citizen
03-02-2013, 06:37 AM

kfierle
03-02-2013, 07:36 AM
1 ½-2 lbs. stew beef
1 pkg. Lipton onion soup mix
1 can cream of mushroom soup
½-3/4 cup red wine
2 tablespoons ketchup
1 small can mushrooms drained

Combine all and cook on low heat for 6-8 hours.

Serve over noodles.

graciegirl
03-02-2013, 09:03 AM
1 can chicken broth
1/4 C white wine
1 onion, minced
1 can Pillsbury biscuits

Poor stuff on chicken, cook on high for 3 hrs. Add biscuits (cut in quarters) to the broth and cook an additional two hrs.

I am gonna fix this for tonight.

graciegirl
03-03-2013, 08:44 AM
1 can chicken broth
1/4 C white wine
1 onion, minced
1 can Pillsbury biscuits

I made this last night for our dinner. I could feel Village Pl hovering over my shoulder somewhere saying "EAT MORE VEGETABLES!" so I added some carrots and cut up potatoes.

It was scrumptious and piping hot and perfumed the whole house when it was cooking. Just the thing for a coolish night.

Many thanks, Lanabanana.

I love this thread.

senior citizen
03-03-2013, 05:55 PM

lanabanana73
03-03-2013, 07:43 PM
I am gonna fix this for tonight.

How did you like it, Gracie? Never mind.....I see you other post, now. I don't make it often because yes....it's not exactly on the healthy hit parade, but most everyone who tries it, loves it......and that makes it a good company "go to" recipe. Serve it with a nice salad and you're good to go!

simpkinp
11-17-2013, 10:26 PM
I didn't forget you. Just been busy. My next door neighbor was born in Budapest Hungary and always made Chicken Paprikash for us or Hungarian Goulash....always great. Her recipe (below) is actually very very similar to how I made it for years prior to them moving next to us.....many versions but this is a good one. You can really use any kind of chicken......

THIS IS FOR TOP OF THE STOVE IN A LARGE POT.
I'm sure it could be modified for a slow cooker at lower heat for more hrs.

CHICKEN PAPRIKASH:

Ingredients:

2 tablespoons oil

1 very large onion, diced (or more onions)

1 very large green pepper, diced

1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced

2 tablespoons "sweet" Hungarian paprika

1 1/2 teaspoons ground caraway seed, or regular

salt * black pepper

10 skinless chicken thighs, fat traces removed

(or 8 thighs if very large; bone in is fine)

4 plum tomatoes, diced (or some use small amount of crushed tomatoes)

2 cups chicken stock....or a bit more

1 cup sour cream * buttered noodles

DIRECTIONS:

In large pot, heat the oil and saute the onions until translucent.

Add the green pepper, cook for 5 minutes or so, and add the mushrooms.

Cook until the mushrooms are just softened.

Add the paprika, caraway, pepper and salt

Stir and add the chicken thighs and mix

Add the tomatoes and enough stock to mostly cover the chicken.

Cover and simmer slowly for about an hour.

The chicken should be falling off the bone and very tender.

Remove the chicken to a "warmed" deep serving bowl or platter....

Reduce the stock a bit if it looks like it will be too much sauce.....

Mix some stock fully into the sour cream, in a bowl, to thin a bit.

Now mix the sour cream into the large pot.

Heat until hot, but do not boil....

Pour the sauce over the chicken and serve over buttered egg noodles.

**Canned crushed tomatoes are fine in place of the plum tomatoes.

**This recipe always called for chicken thighs, but I have used skinless boneless breasts cut into chunks.......like for stew. It always comes out great, either way.

Serve with nice thick coarse pumperknickel or RYE bread.......
Pickled red cabbage, green beans.......

ENJOY

Oh thank you so much. This sounds wonderful and I am going out to buy the ingredients and make this for Red Zone Sunday next week. Yumm.

Villageshooter
11-17-2013, 11:03 PM
whenever I try anything in the crockpot it always turns out mushy I am able to do stringy beef but other than that everything turns out mushy what am I doing wrong I have tried different settings different links of time but I just seem to always get mushy food any help?

Dani Forbes
11-24-2013, 07:27 PM
Are you busy going golfing in the morning and lunching with your golf buddies?

Take a light timer (the ones you plug your lamps into, to turn on at a specific time), set the timer for 1:00 pm, plug you slow cooker into it, and voila - it turns on while you are out having a social life. As you know nothing really overcooks . Go out, enjoy, and come home to a delicious aroma

MN2FL
11-25-2013, 09:50 PM
Simple Crock Pot Recipe

1 package of boneless/skinless chicken thighs
1 can cream of chicken soup

Put in crockpot on low.

Start at 8:00 a.m. ready at 5:00 p.m.

It doesn't get any easier.