PDA

View Full Version : Strat-O-Matic

Tom Hannon
12-12-2012, 09:40 AM
Once again we are putting out feelers for a Strat-O-Matic League. I have beem commissioner of earlier played leagues but must admit I will need a bruch up course on how to intergrade stats from othe rcomputers. In the old days, keeping track of stats was time consuming. Nowadays all stats, team records, injury status and player usage is controled by computer so all we have to do is play the game.

There are a few interested parties. The more the better. As I had previously stated, I am not of fan of todays players as there are too many teams and players to choose from. I'd perfer using teams from 1956 to 1961. This era brings us back to our childhood. Imaging the likes of Willie, Micky and the Duke and The Hammer and Newk, Jack Roby and Early Wynn and Johnny Antonelli to name afew. Let us not forget Yogi.

In this league we would draft teams from scratch. It'll work best with six team divisions if we use 1956. Those interested please step forward.

PS: I hear there is a way to play over the Internet so those snowbirds (including me) will not be shut out. If I get enough feedback from Village people, I will make it a point to get a crash course to learn all the neat features of the computer version with my cousin who is a statitician who works for the Mets and Islanders when they play.

The younger generation say "only old people live in The Villages' but you need to have alot of kid in you to play this game. Interested????

misky
12-12-2012, 12:34 PM
Once again we are putting out feelers for a Strat-O-Matic League. I have beem commissioner of earlier played leagues but must admit I will need a bruch up course on how to intergrade stats from othe rcomputers. In the old days, keeping track of stats was time consuming. Nowadays all stats, team records, injury status and player usage is controled by computer so all we have to do is play the game.

There are a few interested parties. The more the better. As I had previously stated, I am not of fan of todays players as there are too many teams and players to choose from. I'd perfer using teams from 1956 to 1961. This era brings us back to our childhood. Imaging the likes of Willie, Micky and the Duke and The Hammer and Newk, Jack Roby and Early Wynn and Johnny Antonelli to name afew. Let us not forget Yogi.

In this league we would draft teams from scratch. It'll work best with six team divisions if we use 1956. Those interested please step forward.

PS: I hear there is a way to play over the Internet so those snowbirds (including me) will not be shut out. If I get enough feedback from Village people, I will make it a point to get a crash course to learn all the neat features of the computer version with my cousin who is a statitician who works for the Mets and Islanders when they play.

The younger generation say "only old people live in The Villages' but you need to have alot of kid in you to play this game. Interested????

Hey Tom Thanks for trying this again. As I said in the past, I would be interested in playing with the cards. I enjoy playing in person. I still play now with some guys up north. Just my thoughts.