PDA

View Full Version : Television Concert tonight (12/12) at 7:30

Tom Hannon
12-12-2012, 11:23 AM
Be sure to catch the concery for victims of Hurricane Sandy.

Not a bad lineup. Bruce Springsteen is the opening act. We will also see Billy Joel, Clapton, The Who, The Stones, McCartney and many others. I hear the concert will last till midnight. Not sure if that is true but wow. A couple of guys who've had a hit or two along the way. Won't see a better collection of music icons in your lifetime. Especially on free television

njbchbum
12-12-2012, 11:27 AM
thanx for posting, tom. am gonna be sure to watch that myself. i hope those who do tune in will also stick around in between the acts when the 6 minutes it takes to change the band set-ups will focus on the devastation of the storm and the plight of those worst hit.

Madelaine Amee
12-12-2012, 11:37 AM

Not a bad lineup. Bruce Springsteen is the opening act. We will also see Billy Joel, Clapton, The Who, The Stones, McCartney and many others. I hear the concert will last till midnight. Not sure if that is true but wow. A couple of guys who've had a hit or two along the way. Won't see a better collection of music icons in your lifetime. Especially on free television

Thanks for the heads-up on this concert. I saw the promoter on TV this morning saying that every penny will go to the victims of Sandy.

Now, does anyone know which station it will be on using Direct TV?

Tom Hannon
12-12-2012, 11:42 AM
I believe Lifetime will be one of the stations broadcasting the concert. remember 7:30 and Bruce is opening the show

Tom Hannon
12-12-2012, 11:43 AM
thanx for posting, tom. am gonna be sure to watch that myself. i hope those who do tune in will also stick around in between the acts when the 6 minutes it takes to change the band set-ups will focus on the devastation of the storm and the plight of those worst hit.

You being from Jersey and me Long Island we both know of the devastation Sandy caused.

2BNTV
12-12-2012, 11:55 AM
Must watch TV. This is a cause that many people will donate to.

The victims of this storm will need all the help they can get.

Tom Hannon
12-12-2012, 12:00 PM
What I don't understand is -being this broadcast is going out to two billion people around the world, why not charge a small amount. I would pay $30 for the concert. But if everyone who watched it paid say $5 or even $3, imagine the money they would collect. If 1/3 of the people tuned in, were talking about an easy billion big ones.

Taltarzac725
12-12-2012, 12:03 PM
"12-12-12" The Concert for Sandy Relief (http://www.121212concert.org/)

http://www.121212concert.org/broadcast#section-3

geonagle
12-12-2012, 12:29 PM
Thanks for the reminder... I'm definitely going to DVR this!

I believe that this may be the second time that the Stones ,Who and Beatles ( McCartney) are playing on the same bill. The first might have been the Stones Rock and Roll Circus ( with John Lennon .) In any event, an historic concert tonight!

coralway
12-12-2012, 12:37 PM

The Boss opens the show, and McCartney closes the show.

Gonna be a really biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig shew .............

Madelaine Amee
12-12-2012, 01:07 PM
"12-12-12" The Concert for Sandy Relief (http://www.121212concert.org/) "12-12-12" The Concert for Sandy Relief (http://www.121212concert.org/broadcast#section-3)

Thanks for taking the time to post this information.

Did you hear the promoter say this morning "We give to all the countries in need, now it's their turn to give to us".

njbchbum
12-12-2012, 01:44 PM
What I don't understand is -being this broadcast is going out to two billion people around the world, why not charge a small amount. I would pay $30 for the concert. But if everyone who watched it paid say $5 or even $3, imagine the money they would collect. If 1/3 of the people tuned in, were talking about an easy billion big ones.

a few days ago it was advertised here as being available on pay per view...but i guess some of the television stations got into it and paid the big bucks for the opportunity to advertise - must be bringing in some big $$ for them - why else would they do it?

from what i can tell, central jersey comcast just has it going out over cable stations and none of the big/little three...
ion, msg, bloomberg, dest, bio, we, amc, vh1, fuse, encore, hallmark, g4, military

Virtual Geezer
12-12-2012, 08:07 PM
What the hay? Do they have a dress code to get into the concert or did they just import Wall Street suits to the show.

I wonder what the face value of a ticket was.

VG

LynnDeb
12-12-2012, 08:13 PM
You being from Jersey and me Long Island we both know of the devastation Sandy caused.

Originally from Brooklyn spent 30 + years in Staten Island, NY here!!

njbchbum
12-12-2012, 08:46 PM
Originally from Brooklyn spent 30 + years in Staten Island, NY here!!

there's another reason why i knew you were good people! :)

njbchbum
12-12-2012, 08:49 PM
What the hay? Do they have a dress code to get into the concert or did they just import Wall Street suits to the show.

I wonder what the face value of a ticket was.

VG

vg - tix went from $175 to $600! so many suits there because lots of corps paid for tix; and with a 7:30 start time [7:15 in your seat, please] there was just enough time to leave work, grab a bite to eat and get there!

bluedog103
12-12-2012, 09:17 PM
Wonder if Stub Hub is donating their take.

njbchbum
12-12-2012, 09:49 PM
Wonder if Stub Hub is donating their take.

wouldn't that be a first!!!! lol

Dr Winston O Boogie jr
12-12-2012, 11:35 PM

I believe that this may be the second time that the Stones ,Who and Beatles ( McCartney) are playing on the same bill. The first might have been the Stones Rock and Roll Circus ( with John Lennon .) In any event, an historic concert tonight!

They all appeared at the concert for the victims of 9/11.

Kanye West just got done. I had to change the channel. He went on for way too long.

I just don't get how walking and talking passes for music.

God Bless him for donating his time and appearing, but I really could do without him.

Tom Hannon
12-13-2012, 08:15 AM
They all appeared at the concert for the victims of 9/11.

Kanye West just got done. I had to change the channel. He went on for way too long.

I just don't get how walking and talking passes for music.

God Bless him for donating his time and appearing, but I really could do without him.

None of us should criticize the musicians because they gave their time to a good cause. But yes, I agree with Winston. Rap is not a form of music. I went up stairs to have a cup of hot chocolate, while Kanye West was on and when I came downstairs again he was still on. A little less of Kayne and more of Clapton (who I thought was given a quick exit) and The Stones would have worked better for me.

The Who and Roger Waters a;so had too much time on stage. Would have been nice to see Clapton do Layla and the Stones more classics.(They certainly have a large enough library to choose from) I was also a bit disappointed with Paul McCartney. It would have been great to hear songs like Hey Jude, Get Back, Let it Be ...and the list goes on. For some reason Paul has a tendency not to play Beatle stuff.
Two surprises were - having not much knowledge about Alica Keys I must admit her talents impressed me.
My opinion the most enjoyable performances of the night were Bon Jovi, Bruce and Billy Joel with Alica Keys following. Although I must admit that watching Mick, Keith and Woody trying to act like teenagers again. To say it bluntly...These three giants have not aged well. A shame other musician from the stricken area such as Simon and Garfunkel, Barbra and Neil,and other magical groups like maybe a reunion of The Rascals. (having built their reputation at The Barge in The Hampton's. Otherwise everyone did good, whether I liked their performance or not, they accomplished their goal and raised lots of $$$ for the cause. I just hope the money goes to the right place.

2BNTV
12-13-2012, 01:43 PM
I thought some people might enjoy the pictures of artists from last nights concert.

12-12-12: The Concert for Sandy Relief: Stars align to raise money for victims of Hurricane Sandy - NY Daily News (http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/12-12-12-concert-sandy-relief-gallery-1.1219088)

2BNTV
01-03-2013, 01:25 PM
Charities raised $400M for Sandy relief: NY attorney general - NYPOST.com (http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/charities_raised_for_sandy_relief_9eWQQTYzIKlypShR rehwsM)

Walt.
01-11-2013, 10:36 AM

In case anyone might find this interesting... this is the lineup of performers at the New Musical Express Poll Winners Concert on May 1, 1966. The Beatles, The Who, Rolling Stones, Roy Orbison, Cliff Richard, Small Faces, Yardbirds, Dusty Springfield, Hermans Hermits, The Shadows, The Seekers, Sounds Incorporated, The Fortunes, Spencer Davis Group, The Alan Price Set, The Overlanders, Crispian St. Peters, Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich.
Now that would be a day well spent!