PDA

View Full Version : singles. how do we meet each other?

kittygilchrist
12-13-2012, 05:14 PM
Does this thread help meet new friends?
Miss Kitty, new to Gilchrist, March 2013

2BNTV
12-13-2012, 07:14 PM
One way is to go to Crispers on the third Friday of the month for the TOTV luncheone. You will meet people from this forum.

There are singles dances and clubs you can join. Chachacha would know better.

Since you like to dance, i would recommend you talk to kathieI as she knows all the palces to dance.

BTW - I sent a friend invitation to you.

To make a friend:
1. Right click on you profile name.
2. Select "edit friend list".
3. In "add a member to your list" box, type in the name you want to make friends with.
4. Click on "add friend".

A friendship request will be sent and when accepted, you have a friend.

I hope this helps. :smiley:

chachacha
12-13-2012, 11:22 PM
kitty, i have met so many wonderful men and women friends from posting on here because people see me as sort of a one-woman welcome committee and they pm me when they are coming and i try to meet them and introduce them to a few other singles to get them off to a good start...if you post regularly here, others will recognize that you are also an ambassador, if you will, and you will meet people, too! you are off to a good start with some very good posts! also sending you a pm... :)

kittygilchrist
12-14-2012, 05:28 AM
OK, now I have two friends! Thanks, and i hope you get to move soon.

Newbeginnings
12-14-2012, 05:47 AM
I just you a PM, I am a single also and have met Kathie and Chachacha on this forum, great people!!

kittygilchrist
12-14-2012, 05:53 AM
thanks, Dj, I friended you. I went to a movie last night with a few single folks. haven't met Kathie, but Cha/Dianne is wonderful at helping us get together.

Cashmire
12-16-2012, 07:45 AM
Hello, all. I am coming to the Villages for the lifestyle visit Jan. 19 - 27. I'm eager to meet you friendly folks.

I have a practical question that maybe someone can help me out with. I am retiring on 1/3 and will have to return my work cell phone. I am in the process of purchasing a new one. Do you get T-Mobile service in the Villages?

Thanks in advance,
Maggie

kittygilchrist
12-16-2012, 05:43 PM
You might get more answers posting to the general discussion.

jojo
12-16-2012, 07:47 PM
Hello, all. I am coming to the Villages for the lifestyle visit Jan. 19 - 27. I'm eager to meet you friendly folks.

I have a practical question that maybe someone can help me out with. I am retiring on 1/3 and will have to return my work cell phone. I am in the process of purchasing a new one. Do you get T-Mobile service in the Villages?

Thanks in advance,
Maggie

We have had good luck with T-Mobile service.

schmitty
12-16-2012, 08:29 PM
I also am a single in the Villages and would be interested in meeting others in the same situation. Would be interested in meeting new friends. Hope to hear from some of you.

kittygilchrist
12-16-2012, 08:41 PM
Hi Schmitty, thanks for the friend request! What village are you in?

schmitty
12-16-2012, 08:44 PM
Hi Schmitty, thanks for the friend request! What village are you in?

Silver Lake - the historic side. Thanks for accepting the friend request.

kissmelatr
12-17-2012, 09:05 AM
What time is the luncheon for TOTV at Crispers? I am fairly new here but would like to meet more singles.

2BNTV
12-17-2012, 09:14 AM
What time is the luncheon for TOTV at Crispers? I am fairly new here but would like to meet more singles.

Third Friday of every month at 3 PM located in the Southern Trace Mall on 466.

Next one is December 21st.

Cashmire
12-17-2012, 10:05 AM
Jojo - thanks for the info on T-mobile.

KathieI
12-17-2012, 10:10 AM

I just you a PM, I am a single also and have met Kathie and Chachacha on this forum, great people!!

I also am a single in the Villages and would be interested in meeting others in the same situation. Would be interested in meeting new friends. Hope to hear from some of you.

Hi ya'll ... I would love to meet you guys in person also. I will plan to attend on Friday (although many people have gone back to family for the holiday already) but we could have a good single turnout and I'll try to get Cha x 3 to come too. Don't forget, 3pm, Crispers, we might be able to sit outside, I had lunch there Saturday and it was beautiful outside.

Crispers is on 101 and 466 across from the CVS in the Southern Trace Shopping Plaza. Hope to see you all there.

KathieI
12-17-2012, 10:12 AM

Thanks in advance,
Maggie

Cashmire, you will miss the Crispers lunch by one day.... But remind me before you get here and we'll set something up special for you. Hope to see you then.

kittygilchrist
12-17-2012, 11:17 AM
Hi guys and gals, I'm back home in Gainesville, and will return to TV Dec 26 for design appt. so will miss the Friday thing, waah. I'll post again when I'm there to see whassup with singles. I have so much enjoyed spending some time with Chachacha and dancing with Charles and others.

My house should be done by mid-March and I got a feeling this is going to be too much fun!
Kitty

chachacha
12-17-2012, 12:56 PM
sorry i can never make the crispers lunch because i go to a really fun italian class on friday afternoons and don't miss it if i can help it....but it is a very nice place to meet a lot of folks who want to make new friends here...am sure we will meet by and by....wish all my totv friends a blessed Christmas, Happy Hannukah, and a great new year!

Bruiser1
12-17-2012, 01:19 PM
kitty, i have met so many wonderful men and women friends from posting on here because people see me as sort of a one-woman welcome committee and they pm me when they are coming and i try to meet them and introduce them to a few other singles to get them off to a good start...if you post regularly here, others will recognize that you are also an ambassador, if you will, and you will meet people, too! you are off to a good start with some very good posts! also sending you a pm... :)

Thanks for accepting the responsibility as Welcoming Committee!

It may surprize you and the audience on how UN friendly and exclusionary some of the "friendly" clubs are in this community.

I've been here for 8 months and I am still trying to break the ice with this community.:gc:

kittygilchrist
12-17-2012, 03:16 PM
I've been single a very long time, Bruiser1, and I think it's natural that couples are a bit more comfortable socializing with other couples. there's a kind of balance to it, boy-girl-boy-girl. I will say that my new Gilchrist community seems very open and there are two of us singles entirely feeling embraced.
It takes more effort and courage to go out alone, so that's a great use for this forum to make friends and collect as a group, however small. Hang in there and maybe try some new strategies if what you've done isn't working!
Merry Christmas, and go accept my friend request, please.
Kitty

Thanks for accepting the responsibility as Welcoming Committee!

It may surprize you and the audience on how UN friendly and exclusionary some of the "friendly" clubs are in this community.

I've been here for 8 months and I am still trying to break the ice with this community.:gc:

manaboutown
12-17-2012, 03:35 PM
After a LSV I returned to TV for a month's stay. A month or two prior to my arrival I made contact with both KathieI and Chax3 on TOTV. Both welcomed me with open arms and introduced me to many of their friends and acquaintances. Thank you both - again!

On the night of my arrival a man walking his dog on the street where I had rented a home welcomed me to TV before I was even able to get out of my rental car. Moreover, wherever I went on my own in TV I announced that I was visiting TV with the possibility of relocating there which just about always resulted in a great conversation. People welcomed me to sit with them in restaurants lacking a table for me.

The most astonishing thing for me, since I, too, have been single for a long time, is that in TV it really did not seem to matter whether I was single or married as it does where I now reside.

We all know that changing schools for children is difficult. Cliques form, even during their preschool years. Those who are together from an early age form stronger bonds than those who meet later. The same is true in adult life. I have moved a few times in my adult life and it has always taken some time to become part of a new community. Since TV is a retirement community and literally everyone is from somewhere else people seem to be willing and even eager to meet newcomers. Obviously those who have known each other, whether from back home or from years living in TV will be closer to each other than to newcomers. After some time most people will find a group of friends if they get out and make the effort to meet new people.

Down Sized
12-17-2012, 05:34 PM

Are you within the age restrictions for the Single Baby Boomers? There are over 400 of us in the club. Guess where the most singles are?:wave:

Bruiser1
12-17-2012, 06:21 PM
I've been single a very long time, Bruiser1, and I think it's natural that couples are a bit more comfortable socializing with other couples. there's a kind of balance to it, boy-girl-boy-girl. I will say that my new Gilchrist community seems very open and there are two of us singles entirely feeling embraced.
It takes more effort and courage to go out alone, so that's a great use for this forum to make friends and collect as a group, however small. Hang in there and maybe try some new strategies if what you've done isn't working!
Kitty

:coolsmiley: Don't get me wrong, the community in general is friendly and open . You see many enjoying " a little piece of Paradise".

But someday when you least expect it ... you just may run into me.:jester:

kittygilchrist
12-17-2012, 09:01 PM
After a LSV I returned to TV for a month's stay. A month or two prior to my arrival I made contact with both KathieI and Chax3 on TOTV. Both welcomed me with open arms and introduced me to many of their friends and acquaintances. Thank you both - again!

On the night of my arrival a man walking his dog on the street where I had rented a home welcomed me to TV before I was even able to get out of my rental car. Moreover, wherever I went on my own in TV I announced that I was visiting TV with the possibility of relocating there which just about always resulted in a great conversation. People welcomed me to sit with them in restaurants lacking a table for me.

The most astonishing thing for me, since I, too, have been single for a long time, is that in TV it really did not seem to matter whether I was single or married as it does where I now reside.

We all know that changing schools for children is difficult. Cliques form, even during their preschool years. Those who are together from an early age form stronger bonds than those who meet later. The same is true in adult life. I have moved a few times in my adult life and it has always taken some time to become part of a new community. Since TV is a retirement community and literally everyone is from somewhere else people seem to be willing and even eager to meet newcomers. Obviously those who have known each other, whether from back home or from years living in TV will be closer to each other than to newcomers. After some time most people will find a group of friends if they get out and make the effort to meet new people.

I look forward to meeting you Man, I'm sending a friend request.
Kitty

Bruiser1
01-08-2013, 04:24 PM
Kitty

Disregard previous post. Went to SINGLE Baby Boomers club Wow!- Problem alleviated!

42 other "newby's" joined that night! I think we're going to need a bigger rec center to host this wonderful group!:BigApplause:

Down Sized
01-08-2013, 04:34 PM
Over 600 plus at last week's meeting. How could any single in this age group be lonely?
If you are too old for this group there is always the Sumter Singles. I don't understand why some are having problems!
Especially men. Ratio is 10:1 women to men.:thumbup:

Virtual Geezer
01-08-2013, 08:11 PM
Free beer should improve the ratio.

VG

Bruiser1
01-09-2013, 09:07 AM
Over 600 plus at last week's meeting. How could any single in this age group be lonely?
If you are too old for this group there is always the Sumter Singles. I don't understand why some are having problems!
Especially men. Ratio is 10:1 women to men.:thumbup::agree:

Right you are Down Sized!

kittygilchrist
01-09-2013, 02:06 PM
Bruiser, looks like the answer to my thread is YES, the singles forum does help us meet each other. I've felt very warmly welcomed wherever I've arrived at The Villages. I'm glad you found some life at the boomer party. I'll join after I move April 1!

Jeff.kurtz
01-10-2013, 06:49 PM
I have been here a week and am looking forward to meeting singles (females!) Tomorrow and the weekend I will be away this weekend doing photography but will be in TV all of next week. Watch for me on my BMW motorcycle with bright yellow and black helmet and jacket. Will be at Panera bread often and line dancing at Spanish Springs on Wednesday AM. Jeff Friends welcome!

WAC2371
01-12-2013, 10:24 AM
Hi Everyone, I am interested in getting more information on when and where the single club meets. Thanks in advance and looking forward to meeting new friends.

rhsgypsylady
01-12-2013, 01:43 PM
Hi Everyone, I am interested in getting more information on when and where the single club meets. Thanks in advance and looking forward to meeting new friends.

Single Baby Boomers meet the 1st Thursday of every month at Seabreeze Rec Center. New members meet at 6:30. index (http://www.singlesbabyboomers.com)
Make sure you put in singles instead of single or it won't work.

WAC2371
01-12-2013, 03:50 PM
Thanks for the help Debbie

kittygilchrist
01-13-2013, 08:36 AM
Hi WAC, where are you coming from and moving to? I think one of the great things about TV is there are always other people moving to TV and thus open to make new friends. I'll be coming from Gainesville, FL and close on 4/1 in gilchrist, which is south of 466A. I'll send you a friend request...
Kitty

WAC2371
01-13-2013, 10:39 AM
Hi Kitty
Thanks for being a friend. I'm already here and live in Chatham (near 42 or Nancy Lopez).
I moved from Hollywood Fl. and while I miss the ocean, this is just a wonderful place to live.
Looking forward to meeting you and thanks for your friendship.

Bill

kittygilchrist
01-13-2013, 11:03 AM
Hi Bill, I'm at Flagler Beach this weekend, amazing 80 degree day. Walking my boxer on the beach and waiting for NFL playoffs. Escaping the craziness of getting ready to move just for a couple of days...

rhsgypsylady
01-14-2013, 09:37 AM
To kittygilchrist, wac2371, jeff.kurtz, bruiser1, virtual geezer and all other singles - I would love to meet you. I've only been here since May myself. Although I've met lots of other wonderful singles, I'm always open to expand my horizons. Perhaps we could set up a meet and greet.

WAC2371
01-14-2013, 11:33 AM
That sounds good Debbie, let me know the when and where...I'll do my best to be there.

Bill

rhsgypsylady
01-15-2013, 08:35 AM
Each month there is a Singles Block Party on one of the squares where singles meet, mingle, dance, etc. This month it is being held at Brownwood this coming Saturday (Jan. 19) from 6-8. Look for 3 balloons, once you find the balloons you will find the singles. I will be one of the greeters. After 8 everyone will go to the new City Fire for the "afterglow". Hope to see some of you there.

Lynn Campbell
01-27-2013, 08:19 PM
Hello, I am 46 and am looking to meet some nice singles.