PDA

View Full Version : Ages/types of villages

striveforhealth
01-20-2013, 05:40 PM
Hi all, Just today we said "yes, we're moving to TV!!" We'll likely move there in 1-2 years. So exciting!! As we start to look at homes, villages, etc, here's our question. We looked at homes in Summerhill and Alahambra and liked them both - that's our "style". Is there a a good place to see what other villages are similar in style and age to Summerhill and Alahambra? Thanks!! Your future neighbors...

cathyw
01-20-2013, 06:31 PM
Here's a link to a previous thread that gives you some neighborhoods and what year they were built. It's not complete, but it gives some of the older neighborhoods.

Age of Communities - Talk of The Villages (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/age-communities-30547-post278421/#post278421)

Down Sized
01-20-2013, 06:35 PM
Hi all, Just today we said "yes, we're moving to TV!!" We'll likely move there in 1-2 years. So exciting!! As we start to look at homes, villages, etc, here's our question. We looked at homes in Summerhill and Alahambra and liked them both - that's our "style". Is there a a good place to see what other villages are similar in style and age to Summerhill and Alahambra? Thanks!! Your future neighbors...

Watch out for single pane windows ( uninsulated glass) and doors. This is a costly replacement. Keep in mind this is where more of the older population live.
:popcorn:

graciegirl
01-20-2013, 08:06 PM
Deep breaths Gracie.

angiefox10
01-20-2013, 08:19 PM
You know I have appointed myself the age bias police. Your last sentence, could you explain the meaning exactly?

And I would like to further add, The Villages grew pretty much from Northeast to South. That means that a lot of people started out in the areas around Spanish Springs and since that time some have sold to new residents, older and younger, some have moved to the Village of Heavenly and their heirs have moved into their parents home or sold to new residents, older and younger. BUT, but, but, but.....what would be wrong living in an area where "more of the older population live" and if you are some of the younger among us, how will you feel about folks warning others to keep in mind that you and others of the same age live in a certain area, say in 20 years. Not good, Right?

And further, if you are among the younger of us, you are still a senior citizen to a younger person.

Sheesh. Now I feel better. Holy Bowlegged Sarah, That gets me so mad.

We moved to the newer section. We live with people our own age. There is nothing wrong with age diversity, however, as we get older we enjoy different things in life. I for one enjoy being around people my own age doing what we do. This is the same reason people encourage others to marry close to the same age. So... we can age together enjoying the same things in life.

That being said... we had an older couple who bought in our section and realized that we were younger.... they have since sold their home and purchased up north to be with people their own age. I wasn't offended and understood it completely.

I agree with the OP.... If being with people their own age is on their check list of what they want... then that's what they should do.

I'm sure no offense was meant in their comment.

JAV0108
01-20-2013, 08:20 PM
I agree with you Gracie, it gets me boiling also! I live in one of those quote, "older" neighborhoods and I am 58. I love my neighbors and have so much fun with them. Geeeezzzzzz................................ Oh and one more thing, you don't HAVE to replace the single pane windows either.

cathyw
01-20-2013, 08:24 PM
The OP only asked about the age of the HOMES in different neighborhoods, not the age of the people. Another poster made the comment that Gracie is objecting to.
I have lived in Summerhill and I now live in Santiago. Great mix of ages in both neighborhoods. Age is only a number.

graciegirl
01-20-2013, 09:06 PM

striveforhealth
01-20-2013, 09:23 PM
Yup, I was referring to the age of the homes/neighborhood...not the neighbors