PDA

View Full Version : Shot through the heart at Valentine's Day.

Taltarzac725
02-05-2013, 12:43 PM
Valentine's Day is awfully hard for us singles. What do you do to get over this hump each year?

"Someone is going to shoot you (10 second pause) with Cupid's arrow." Joe at the Doggie Doo Run Run Dog Park last Valentine's Day.

One of the pooper scoopers, Joe, at Doggie Doo Run Run last year on Valentine's Day had asked me if one of the attractive ladies at the dog park had shot me with their arrows yet. Kind of a troublesome question (and the pause kind of scared me) as if the relationship does not work out what happens if your dog loves the place still but you cannot take facing a flame from the past?

I recall that Curb Your Enthusiasm episode in which a single Larry keeps on running out of lunch options when he dates women who work at various very popular eateries in Los Angeles. He decides to challenge the taboo of not pooping where you eat and winds up doing just that when his ex-girlfriend hostess spikes his soup with laxative.

quirky3
02-05-2013, 01:43 PM
Here are some ideas - although these are more oriented toward women, you can probably substitute some of your favorite "guy things"
Carole Brody Fleet: Single On February 14th?: 10 Ways To Enjoy Valentine's Day On Your Own (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/carole-brody-fleet/single-on-february-14th-1_b_2579732.html)

When I lived in CT, I was in the Sweet Adelines, and we spent the day delivering "Singing Valentines". It was fun, except for the couple where one did not want to get back together, and the "Stalker Valentine" someone ordered.:22yikes: (A clever and creepy way to beat a restraining order!)

chachacha
02-05-2013, 04:52 PM
well, having something to which to look forward is a great plan...today i bought my ticket for the Villages Valentine Singles Dance for only $6. granted it is on friday, the day AFTER valentine's day but hey, i am not overly sentimental....there are still plenty of tickets so please support this dance or they won't be having many more, i am sure..i am all by myself so far at table 9! surprise me! :) music by the Keatings, to be held at Lake Miona rec center...as for thursday, i think i am going to get some recently widowed friends together to share photos and stories of their late hubbies and celebrate their memories. i think that will help them and me, too!