PDA

View Full Version : cdd assessment

Bonnevie
03-04-2013, 05:17 PM
I'm still a little confused as to what is the cdd assessment paid monthly. in the Villages cost of living estimation they give a range but use $192 a month for their figure. In looking at the chart on Lyle's website the numbers seem to be all over the place but most are more than $192. I'm wondering why more people don't comment on this as something to look at when considering where to buy. For instance, one listing I looked at would have had a monthly assessment of $144. another listing it was $384. That to me seems like a big difference for a similar type villa. Am I missing something?

coach
03-04-2013, 06:59 PM
I'll give it a try. Every home has a monthly accessment. A new villager would pay $145 per month per household. The CDD accessment is billed once a year on your tax bill. This pays for flowers, landscape in common areas, retention ponds, etc. This amount varies by which section you live in but mine runs around $570 per year. My guess is that when you see a monthly budget figure the $196 you reference is the $145 plus 1/12 of the annual accessment. Have I confused you enough?

My opinion is that it is the best deal around. We get a tremendous value for $145 per month plus the annual accessment.

Bill-n-Brillo
03-04-2013, 07:55 PM
VCDD FAQs - CDDs (http://www.districtgov.org/faq.aspx)

See "The Cost of a CDD" about 1/2 way down the page. It explains the two parts to the annual CDD assessment.

This is independent of the approximately $145/month amenity fees.

Bill :)