PDA

View Full Version : After posting, when does it appear??

TheCruiseGenie
03-05-2013, 12:06 AM
I'm new to this web site. It's great, but I need a few pointers...
I posted two things tonight. A car for sale and a new club. When do these get posted? Do they need approvals? How do I find them if they aren't at the top of the NEW POSTS? Thank you!

REDCART
03-05-2013, 02:48 AM
I'm new to this web site. It's great, but I need a few pointers...
I posted two things tonight. A car for sale and a new club. When do these get posted? Do they need approvals? How do I find them if they aren't at the top of the NEW POSTS? Thank you!

TCG, Since your question indicates that this is your first post, it would appear that your other two posts were not saved. TOTV filters may have trapped your earlier posts for whatever reason. Why not try re-posting?

Sable99
03-05-2013, 07:48 AM
If I post on my iPad, it doesn't show until I go out of TOTV and go back on TOTV again.

03-05-2013, 07:57 AM
Normally, new posts appear instantly. However, the forum software has some code/logic that will place some posts for new members into an unapproved/moderation status. Those posts won't be visible to the general membership until approved by the admin or moderator. Generally, these are posts that include links, quotes, photos, etc. Since this board is not monitored 24/7, it may take awhile for posts to be approved. The system also has spam filters that can reject posts of suspected spammers.

One reminder for new members, only paid advertisers are permitted to promote their business and commercial ventures. Given the OPs member name, there is the possibility that he/she may have attempted posts with links.

For your info, I don't see any record of posts other than this one.

TheCruiseGenie
03-05-2013, 08:40 AM
It seems my third post requesting info about the first two posts missing in action, made it on here somehow but not my posts? ��

LittleDog
07-30-2013, 07:36 PM
My wife is a new member here and commented in the thread of What are you reading. Her message didn't appear but at the top of the screen their was a message about no political posts. She didn't post anything political, just a couple of books she was reading. Does that political message always appear for new posters? Her screen name is nannyo.

John

07-30-2013, 08:05 PM
JR...her post did go into unapproved/moderation status. Has now been approved. We can't always explain why this happens.

The "no politics" banner appears to everyone when they first login. It's not based on any past history of posting.

Hope she continues to post and contribute!

Rmonk
04-22-2014, 04:42 PM
I also am having problems post ads for sale- I listed five but so far only one shows up- can you check my problem also ? thanks

04-22-2014, 06:31 PM
There is some software logic in TOTV that will place some posts from new members into an unapproved status. Generally, these are posts with links or attachments.

The Admin or a Moderator has to manually approve these posts for them to be visible. Depending on timing of who is logged in, this may take minutes or hours.

Once a member has a few posts under their belt, this restriction seems to go away.

RMonk...all your items for sale should be visible now and duplicates deleted. We apologize for the confusion and delay.

Thread closed.