PDA

View Full Version : NCAA March Tournament Pick'em Created and Ready For Players

zcaveman
03-12-2013, 07:44 AM
I have set up a TOTV NCAA Basketball Tournament for this year's March Madness affair. Since I did not know how many are still interested in playing I started with a new slate.

You can sign up now and you will be able to set your brackets after the team selections on Sunday.

The particulars are:

Group ID: 37137 (needed to join the group)
Password : totv1203 (all lower case)
Group: TOTV Challenge

I think that College Basketball Tournament Pick'em - Yahoo! Sports (http://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/) is the link.

You will need a Yahoo Userid and Password.

The main prize is bragging rights.

Good luck to all that join.

Z

ohiogolf
03-12-2013, 07:57 AM
I'm in. Thanks Z.

aln
03-12-2013, 12:51 PM
I'm in too . . . see ya at the Final 4

Skip2MySue
03-12-2013, 07:53 PM
I'm in "Z"Thanks for heading it up.....Hope I do better then the football pool:cus:
Skip 2

Skip2MySue
03-16-2013, 12:19 PM
I have set up a TOTV NCAA Basketball Tournament for this year's March Madness affair. Since I did not know how many are still interested in playing I started with a new slate.

You can sign up now and you will be able to set your brackets after the team selections on Sunday.

The particulars are:

I think that College Basketball Tournament Pick'em - Yahoo! Sports (http://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/) is the link.

Z

Come on gang....It's easy to join and fun to play. Plus it's FREE. The more the merrier:beer3:
Skip 2

Taltarzac725
03-16-2013, 12:28 PM

The particulars are:

Z

I am in for March Madness 2013. Usually get very few points the first rounds because I admittedly know very little about College Basketball and the experts rarely offer good advice.

Does not look like any of my alma maters will be in this year: Nevada (UNR), Denver, Minnesota, and BYU. Just went to BYU for a week or so and that was to the law school so never did see any BYU Sports but they sure were the most gung-ho school as far as sports are concerned I attended. The College of San Mateo does not have a basketball team as far as I know. One of the other schools I attended.

rayschic
03-16-2013, 01:03 PM
I'm in. Thanks for setting it up !

CatskillBill
03-16-2013, 02:05 PM
Thanks for setting it up. I'm in. It's wide open this year.

GO 'CUSE

zcaveman
03-18-2013, 07:24 AM
The bracket lists are open for your entries. They have to be filled out before the first game on Thursday, March 21.

We can still use some more players. Please sign up if you want to play. It is a lot of fun.

Z

Taltarzac725
03-18-2013, 07:46 AM
I am in for March Madness 2013. Usually get very few points the first rounds because I admittedly know very little about College Basketball and the experts rarely offer good advice.

Does not look like any of my alma maters will be in this year: Nevada (UNR), Denver, Minnesota, and BYU. Just went to BYU for a week or so and that was to the law school so never did see any BYU Sports but they sure were the most gung-ho school as far as sports are concerned I attended. The College of San Mateo does not have a basketball team as far as I know. One of the other schools I attended.

Denver and BYU are in the NIT 2013 Tournament and Minnesota got into the NCAA March Madness. http://www.ncaa.com/sites/default/files/external/gametool/brackets/2013NITBracket.pdf

disney07
03-18-2013, 07:36 PM
Thanks Zcaveman :thumbup: for setting this up again. My son (Bigknuckle) and I are both guessing the results. He just hopes he beats me.....like in fantasy football. Our final 4 are pretty close to the same teams making it.

justjim
03-18-2013, 07:40 PM
I'm in---sign me up.

lpkshop
03-19-2013, 09:40 AM
I'm in!

Let the games begin!

fwpc3
03-19-2013, 12:35 PM
Thanks for setting this up. I've posted an entry. With the parity and upsets this year you can probable do just as well with alternative pick 'em methods. I've heard of people picking on the basis of which team mascot would prevail, i.e Tigers vs. Rams or warmer city, i.e Miami vs. Champaign, IL. Good luck to all.

chuckinca
03-19-2013, 01:21 PM
to quote Tal:

"Does not look like any of my alma maters will be in this year: Nevada (UNR), Denver, Minnesota, and BYU. Just went to BYU for a week or so and that was to the law school so never did see any BYU Sports but they sure were the most gung-ho school as far as sports are concerned I attended. The College of San Mateo does not have a basketball team as far as I know. One of the other schools I attended."

I was at a youth sports seminar at Stanford one summer for 4 days and 3 nights - lived in the dorms, ate in the dining facilities and attended classes in the class rooms taught by Stanford instructors (cost our youth soccer league $2000 per attendee). Does that make me a Stanford alum?

Polar Bear
03-19-2013, 02:17 PM
I'm in! Go Polar Bears. (Oh wait...they're Division III...heheh.) So...

Go Gators and Buckeyes!!

Taltarzac725
03-19-2013, 02:40 PM
to quote Tal:

"Does not look like any of my alma maters will be in this year: Nevada (UNR), Denver, Minnesota, and BYU. Just went to BYU for a week or so and that was to the law school so never did see any BYU Sports but they sure were the most gung-ho school as far as sports are concerned I attended. The College of San Mateo does not have a basketball team as far as I know. One of the other schools I attended."

I was at a youth sports seminar at Stanford one summer for 4 days and 3 nights - lived in the dorms, ate in the dining facilities and attended classes in the class rooms taught by Stanford instructors (cost our youth soccer league $2000 per attendee). Does that make me a Stanford alum?

Probably not. I attended BYU for those seven days or so but this did prevent me from taking any classes somewhere else at the same time. I had a long term commitment at BYU Law School. On the other hand, I went to a American Library Association convention in Dallas in 1984 and spent three or four days at the Texas Christian University. Sleeping at their dorms. This was a cheap way of getting to the convention for a recent MA Graduate from Denver University. Really had little or no commitment to TCU other than a short term rental agreement.

kate5340
03-20-2013, 12:51 PM
Thanks for taking the time to set this up! Hopefully see you in the Finals!

Kathy:posting:

Taltarzac725
03-20-2013, 02:53 PM
21 people so far. Hope we can get a few more. At least, 24 if not more.

Northstar
03-20-2013, 05:24 PM
Carnac the MAGNIFICENT is in the house ! :thumbup:

lpkshop
03-23-2013, 11:45 AM

The particulars are:

Z

I may be last in the TOTV challenge but I am beating my HUBBY ! Love the upsets!

Taltarzac725
03-25-2013, 05:40 AM
I may be last in the TOTV challenge but I am beating my HUBBY ! Love the upsets!

Seems always hard to predict what is going to happen during March Madness. The upsets usually bust my brackets fairly early.

Glad we got 24 entries even if one person seems to have forgotten to fill his out.