PDA

View Full Version : Vinyl Recall- New Band in The Villages

Tom Hannon
03-30-2013, 05:53 AM
I was at Tierra Del Sol for the first time wanting to hear a a band called Vinyl Recall. Considering it was their first gig together, they gave a great show. There were a few (minor) hiccups but nothing to get bent out of shape over and I'm sure these will be corrected. The group sang mostly Do-Wop for the first few sets and then they did something I hear very few groups in the Villages play (although I was told Uncle Bob's Rock Shop does) A whole set on The Beatles. WAY TO GO. The band has three guys and one lady. The unusual thing is the two lead singers take their turns on the drums while the other sings. Good sound, great potential and I'm sure they'll be playing at the squares in time.

With this being my first trip to Tierra Del Sol I wasn't sure what to expect. I did have one issue (which I won't get into because I hate it when people use this site to complain) which I will take up with management today.

Otherwise it was a good evening with decent food and great music. If you have a chance to listen to Vinyl Recall check em out. If you want a preview of their talents, you can go to The Beatlemaniacs club at O'Dell Rec Center every Friday between 10-12. There is no charge for admission. A good time is guaranteed for all.

bandsdavis
03-30-2013, 03:47 PM
We wanted to go but were playing at Bonifay. Glad Jim and Roy got together with a couple other good musicians to play with. They are both real good guys.

DougB
03-30-2013, 08:16 PM
Tom, glad you enjoyed the music. Vinyl Recall is playing a private party Friday, but will be back at Tierra del Sol Saturday, April 6. I hope you can make it again. We'll play Hot Stuff just for you! And maybe, Sixteen Candles! Make sure you make reservations.

Tom Hannon
03-31-2013, 05:26 AM
Tom, glad you enjoyed the music. Vinyl Recall is playing a private party Friday, but will be back at Tierra del Sol Saturday, April 6. I hope you can make it again. We'll play Hot Stuff just for you! And maybe, Sixteen Candles! Make sure you make reservations.

Private parties are more relaxing and everyone can kick their shoes off sing and dance. Like I told you in a private message, I HATE DISCO but "Hot Stuff" sounded great when I first heard you guys singing it. Just don't expect me to dance when it is played. You have a great band. And you will only get better.