PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Concerts

Number 6
03-31-2013, 09:30 AM
Like the rest of you I got my Villages Entertainment newsletter this morning. I noticed that the Association has sold out both of their concerts but Herman's Hermits Starring Peter Noone still has tickets left. What is wrong with this picture? The current incarnation of the Assocciation are, well, terrible. The harmonies are not there and that was a band that relied on their harmonies. Peter, of course, always puts on a gret show. The only thing I can think of, as this is at least the fifth time Peter has played The Villages, everyone has seen him. Anyway, if you haven't seen Peter in concert, get your tickets now. You won't be disappointed.

Tom Hannon
03-31-2013, 01:19 PM
I agree with you. We have tickets to see Peter Noone (Hermans Hermits) And the sellout of The Association and Loving Spoonful at Savannah Center is a joke, yet when Felix (Rascals) played he had two shows with less than 50% capacity. Sometimes people hear a name and they think they are getting the real deal but sometimes (too many times) what you hear is not what you get. Especially with the older groups where members change, members die, members retire. Seeing the Four Tops without Levi Stubbs is like seeing The Temptation without David Ruffin and Eddie Kendricks and so many other bands does not work for me. The Spoonful without John Sebastian and Zal Yanowsky is like seeing the Stones without Keith and Mick.

Tom Hannon
03-31-2013, 01:33 PM
They say Roch 'n' roll will never die. But sometimes certain groups are dead and the original members should be able to rest in peace without some imposters who have no relationship to the original goup capitalizing and profiting from other members sucsess.