PDA

View Full Version : Installing Garden Hose Holder

N44125
04-11-2013, 05:20 PM
Our TV home is cinder block / stucco. I tried installing a garden hose holder but could only drill into the outer wall about 1/2 inch. How are these outer walls constructed?

Thanks

Mikeod
04-11-2013, 05:33 PM
Our TV home is cinder block / stucco. I tried installing a garden hose holder but could only drill into the outer wall about 1/2 inch. How are these outer walls constructed?

Thanks

Did you use a masonry drill? I have no problem drilling into my block/stucco home with one.

N44125
04-11-2013, 05:47 PM
Yes, used masonry drill.

elevatorman
04-11-2013, 06:02 PM
I also had no problem. Maybe a new masonary bit would do the job. Also don't forget to use stainless steel screws so you don't have rust running down the wall next year.

cherylncliff
04-11-2013, 06:18 PM
I use a masonry bit and a hammer drill. It goes right thru the cinder block. You are welcome to borrow it, just PM me.

eremite06
04-11-2013, 06:24 PM
I use Tapcons.

LittleDog
04-11-2013, 09:00 PM
Also you can buy one of those retractable hoses as seen on tv. After you let the water out of the hose it retracts and you can hold it in the palm of your hand. No hose holder required. You can buys these hoses at Publix.

John

bluedog103
04-11-2013, 09:11 PM
Also you can buy one of those retractable hoses as seen on tv. After you let the water out of the hose it retracts and you can hold it in the palm of your hand. No hose holder required. You can buys these hoses at Publix.

John

These are all I use now. Seems like a good product. I'm waiting to see how well they hold up.

tommy steam
04-11-2013, 11:13 PM

John

I bought one a few weeks ago. I think it works well for me, no dragging hoses around. My sprinklers water my shrubs and lawn so I just use it to wash my car. It costs about 20 bucks for a 50 ft hose.

In awe of TV
04-12-2013, 07:08 AM
I'm surprised to read about those hoses. I haven't purchased one because they received very bad reviews online. So you do recommend them? It certainly is something I can use since it requires such little space and looks neat instead of being big and bulky and hard to rewind.

George Bieniaszek
04-12-2013, 07:34 AM
I just have 2 hose caddies, one for the front one for the back and roll the hoses up in them. Just me, but I didn't want to drill a hole into my stucco home.