PDA

View Full Version : Support Group for people moving

kittygilchrist
05-16-2013, 10:12 AM
If there were a group, I would be at the door a half hour late IF I could find my keys. I don't know if anyone else feels moving disabled...I've been here 6 weeks and I still have packing tape stuck to my shoe. I'm peeking out at you over a stack of manuals and remotes.....
Kitty

pooh
05-16-2013, 10:25 AM
LOL...welcome home.....:D

I'd like to tell you it gets better, but that might be a lie...:1rotfl:

Hang in there, before you know it, you'll be all settled in. Remember to take some time off every once in a while....putting things away can wait just a bit. You moved here to enjoy...make sure you start doing that.

kittygilchrist
05-16-2013, 10:36 AM
thanks Pooh. I just wanted to be sure of you.
Piglet.

kittygilchrist
05-16-2013, 11:00 AM
How deep should the irrigation water be? Is 2 or 3 inches on top normal?

mulligan
05-16-2013, 12:24 PM
If you're talking about the pipes, no they should be 12-16" deep.

kittygilchrist
05-16-2013, 07:05 PM
LOL...welcome home.....:D

I'd like to tell you it gets better, but that might be a lie...:1rotfl:

Hang in there, before you know it, you'll be all settled in. Remember to take some time off every once in a while....putting things away can wait just a bit. You moved here to enjoy...make sure you start doing that.

I did it Pooh! I went to Brownwood and danced around. If only I were as popular as my boxer Emma....
thanks for the encouragement. I feel betterer and I'm making smackerels and elevenses for dinner. love u Pooh!
Piglet

kittygilchrist
05-16-2013, 07:06 PM
If you're talking about the pipes, no they should be 12-16" deep.

thanks, I thought that 2 or 3 inches was too deep for the water to be standing.....
Kitty

kittygilchrist
06-07-2013, 09:00 AM
Ok, had guests for a week and had FUN!!
back to moving in..calling bose guy, irrigation guy, wall bed guy, window treatments, blinds, shopping for ceiling fans, how to turn on spa, new bank, notify of address change, organize office. NOT FUN!

kittygilchrist
06-07-2013, 03:56 PM
Hey I got so much done, the bose guy alone made my day and I got to see Rick with whom I designed my pool! I'm listening to Sarah Brightman while the hot tub fires up.
O happy day...

DianeM
06-07-2013, 06:45 PM
Oh Kitty - I can empathize. There are boxes everywhere and most are in the wrong rooms as well as the garage. I just want to go to bed and sleep for a week. Between packing and unpacking, moving, closing on my old house and then on this house, I'M DONE !!! I know it will be great but geesh - does it have to be this hard?

kittygilchrist
06-07-2013, 07:01 PM
Oh Kitty - I can empathize. There are boxes everywhere and most are in the wrong rooms as well as the garage. I just want to go to bed and sleep for a week. Between packing and unpacking, moving, closing on my old house and then on this house, I'M DONE !!! I know it will be great but geesh - does it have to be this hard?

It's a struggle. LMK and I'll come over. maybe nightmare is a more fitting word.
k