PDA

View Full Version : Tiger to sign mega deal with Nike

jebartle
06-05-2013, 06:18 PM
What is wrong with our priorities, that we give a good golfer zillions of dollars and our doctors that save lives get a fraction of that amount!

DougB
06-05-2013, 06:30 PM
What is wrong with our priorities, that we give a good golfer zillions of dollars and our doctors that save lives get a fraction of that amount!

More concerned with teachers who educated children to grow up to be doctors.

buggyone
06-05-2013, 07:36 PM

Actually, the Nike company is making a business decision in hopes that an association with Tiger Woods will generate more money for them.

A doctor's earnings have nothing to do with sponsorship from a company. He gets his earnings from patients and insurance companies. While most doctors in the Orlando area do not earn what Tiger Woods earns, they are very comfortable in their salaries.

What irks me are the ridiculous amounts that college basketball and football coaches receive as compared to the college professors salaries.

blueash
06-05-2013, 08:29 PM
Great doctors are a dime a dozen compared to the exceedingly rare people who can play a sport at a high enough level to sell beer and cars and sneakers. Nike got to be the giant in its industry by hitching its swoosh to superstars such as Tiger and Michael.

MLCrisis
06-05-2013, 08:53 PM
Sports? I thought Tiger played golf?

Golfingnut
06-06-2013, 02:26 AM
I am yet to see a Doctor living in poverty.

GaryW
06-06-2013, 03:38 AM

:bigbow:

I agree with you. Besides the sports and how much athletes make. How about how much we pay insurance companies and then you got to fight to get anything. Or our military that are loosing people everyday. I do not go see pro events, so I do not contribute other than taxes to pay for anything they get. I do agree about how much we pay College Coaches when you look at how much it cost for a person to attend college. A lot of things to worry or complain about besides how much Tiger or Rory or Lebron are making.
We need to be taking care of teachers and Police and fireman and so on.... :super:

jebartle
06-06-2013, 04:46 AM
And who are the first ones that are laid off...the teachers....My argument exactly!....

gocubsgo
06-06-2013, 07:00 AM
Why doesn't Nike donate that money to charity or, yes, the education system instead of handing it to a guy who said the "f" word on national TV and finished 69th?