PDA

View Full Version : Good Neighbors

amityk
12-01-2006, 08:42 AM
Everyone who lives here in the Villages would have to say that their friends and neighbors are some of the best.
I am reminded of that this morning as I made my walk and heard friendly hellos and greetings.
I want to recognize a guy who lives in Chatham and walks a very well behaved small dog. He also carries a plastic bag with him as he walks, but not just for the dog, he picks up litter including cigarette butts as he walks and helps keep our streets neat and clean. THANKS FOR BEING SUCH A CARING NEIGHBOR!

littledew
12-05-2006, 08:30 PM
My last visit to the Villages in November was what finally pushed me over the edge....to buy...so many people offered so much good information about living in the Villages....Coming from Atlanta, this type of offering so much information is just unhear of there....so I am heading to the Villages....Thanks to so many of you that offered so much information...

sweetana3
04-03-2007, 06:35 PM
I think it would be fun to have a bunch of "Thank you for being such a good neighbor" cards made up and hand them out to people doing things like helping a neighbor, picking up after their dogs, etc.

This is the type of place I am hoping for.

REDCART
04-04-2007, 08:14 AM
I'd like to share a recent experience which speaks volumes about our good neighbors in The Villages. One evening in November while riding his bike, a neighbor noticed that one of our sprinkler heads had blown off and was spraying water like a geyser on the entry way. The neighbor no doubt rang our bell but when no one answered, he used his better judgment and turned off the water valve on our irrigation system. He left us a note outlining what happened. Without his quick action, we could easily have found ourselves with a flood. We appreciated this neighbor's quick response.

sparky
04-04-2007, 12:57 PM
Yes,be thankful that there are more good neighbors than bad. I had a couple ring my door bell the other night and advised that I had a red light blinking in my garage. Guess who left the turn signal on??? :redface:

Again Thank You whoever you are!!! :#1: