PDA

View Full Version : Lock for Sliding glass door

SALYBOW
06-30-2013, 08:43 PM
Our lock does not latch anymore. Does anyone know how to repair this? Cam you get a new lock at the Hardware store?

mainlander
06-30-2013, 08:49 PM
While waiting for a repair, cut a stick (dowel, whatever) 1/2 inch shorter than the space behind the door that slides, place it on the track of the sliding door on the inside. This way no one can open it from the outside... untill you find a replacement lock.

LndLocked
06-30-2013, 09:11 PM
Solid advise from Mainlander

You should be able to find a replacement lock, but their are many different kinds/ manufactures / models and it might be necessary to remove it to match it up. Perhaps Home Warranty can help pin point it without doing so.

It could also be an adjustment problem with the portion located on the slider door frame.

kaydee
06-30-2013, 10:02 PM
We had exactly the same problem 3 yrs ago and we had Custom Window Systems 1 800 550 1081. To be honest, I can't remember how it came about to hve this company do the repair. I'm thinking I called the warranty dept and this may have been their recommendation. Regardless, the repair was made at a very low price of $65.00 at that time.