PDA

View Full Version : Vinyl/acrylic screen porch window replacement recommendations please?

PJ
02-27-2007, 10:58 AM
Vinyl/acrylic screen porch window replacement recommendations please?
Can any of you recommend a company or person to replace these windows? Mine are old vinyl and aluminum sliders. The sun has taken its toll on them, and they're starting to crack & disintegrate. I've seen ads for Aluma-tec. Have any of you used this company, or can recommend another one?

Thanks for any recommendations. :)

PJ
03-03-2007, 04:49 PM
OK, not intending to answer my own post! But I since have gotten an estimate from Aluma-tec, Quite pricy -- $2670.00 to replace the vinyl with acrylic sliders, which will slide horizontally instead of vertically as they now do.

Now I'm thinking maybe I should consider this a DIY project, where I could re-use the old frames and cut the acrylic myself. Have any of you tried this, or have suggestions? Thanks for your help.

Talk Host
03-03-2007, 08:14 PM
Dear PJ

I used that company several years ago and on the day of the installation, they leaned the products against the side of my house and said they would be back in a short while. Two weeks later, I called and asked when I could expect them. They explained that I was not their only customer and furthermore....blah....blah....blah. Finally the door was installed and it has worked fine ever since.

PJ
03-04-2007, 05:21 PM
Thanks for the warning!
I'd appreciate any recommendations of different companies from those who've had this done. Thanks

F16 1UB
04-20-2010, 02:26 PM
Whites Aluminum did ours in glass.