PDA

View Full Version : Wi-Fi in the Villages

nitehawk
03-20-2007, 09:15 AM
wouldn't it be nice to have wi-fi in the villages - i just looked up the wi-fi program in Philadelphia Pa and saw the cost is $20 and $9 (for those who cant afford it) - it is super fast at a reasonable price. one thing that really erkes me is the villages.net that you have to pay $5 a month to get on to get to see available tee times--- why -- one of the worst sites - really not a professional setup - i know i can call if i want (free) thanks for this site very well done

sparky
03-20-2007, 10:49 AM
:agree:Wouldn't it be great!!!!!

I'm suprised that the developer hasn't looked into wireless for The Villages. Two or three years ago the Village net people told me they were looking at it but I finally gave up waiting and went with Sprint DSL and Earthlink. I still pay the $5 plus for the tee time support.

nitehawk
03-20-2007, 11:36 AM
yes earthlink is the company that hooked up Phil. --- well we can alway go to the library that for free

villages07
03-20-2007, 06:19 PM
If you have a wireless-capable laptop, there is free wifi access at all regional rec centers and I believe also at the neighborhood rec centers. This was announced a couple of months ago. I think you need your resident ID to login.

sweetana3
04-01-2007, 05:40 AM
Fast broadband computer access will be one of the most imporatant items for my husband to consider in our pros and cons of the Village life. Even I cannot live with any dial up service anymore. Hope that this is easily available and not too expensive.

villages07
04-01-2007, 07:24 AM
Beyond the discussions here about free wi-fi, there are options for fee-based high speed internet access. Comcast is the local cable provider and their broadband rates are pretty much the same as they charge elsewhere...approx $45/month; another option is DSL service via Embarq (the Sprint-based local phone company); they recently had a promotion for DSL $25/month with a guarantee that this cost will never go up. Not sure if there are any other viable options, but, rest assured there are broadband/hispeed internet options in The Villages. Most of us couldn't live without it!!!