PDA

View Full Version : Picnic or nature outing?

kittygilchrist
07-19-2013, 04:58 AM
Loving the lifestyle but missing the forest...
I wonder if singles would enjoy a picnic or nature outing?
Anybody got any ideas where to go that's less than a half hour away?

EnjoyTheVillages
07-19-2013, 02:20 PM
Hi Kitty,
There is a wonderful picnic area at the intersection of Morse Rd and Rt 466. It is secluded and from a car can only be seen when you are northbound on Morse just prior to Rt 466. The picnic area is in a dense stand of live oaks with lots of Spanish moss on them. The entire area is shaded. I believe there are at least six picnic tables scattered around, possibly more. They are all painted white. There is a gazebo you can walk to that overlooks the wetlands and lake. This park is accessible only by golf cart, bike or walking. If you were to drive your golf cart north on Morse from Lake Sumter, take a right and go through the tunnel under Morse Rd, you would come out at the park. It's very easy to get to, but difficult to see from the highway. I don't believe there are any grills, so a picnic would probably have to have prepared foods. If you get any interest in the picnic I'd be interested in attending.
Larry

kittygilchrist
07-19-2013, 03:42 PM
who knew? I'll check it out...don't have a cart yet tho.
thanks for the post!
kitty

njbchbum
07-19-2013, 05:14 PM
Loving the lifestyle but missing the forest...
I wonder if singles would enjoy a picnic or nature outing?
Anybody got any ideas where to go that's less than a half hour away?

Welcome to Florida State Parks (http://www.floridastateparks.org/lakegriffin/default.cfm)
lake griffin state park
beautiful state park! even has areas for dogs on a leash!
entrance fee required - sorry i don't kow how much
has picnic pavilions, too - and live oaks!

just down hgwy 27/441 before ya get to leesburg [on north side of hiway] - easy to get to from 466 or 466a.

kittygilchrist
07-20-2013, 07:35 AM
Hi Kitty,
There is a wonderful picnic area at the intersection of Morse Rd and Rt 466. It is secluded and from a car can only be seen when you are northbound on Morse just prior to Rt 466. The picnic area is in a dense stand of live oaks with lots of Spanish moss on them. The entire area is shaded. I believe there are at least six picnic tables scattered around, possibly more. They are all painted white. There is a gazebo you can walk to that overlooks the wetlands and lake. This park is accessible only by golf cart, bike or walking. If you were to drive your golf cart north on Morse from Lake Sumter, take a right and go through the tunnel under Morse Rd, you would come out at the park. It's very easy to get to, but difficult to see from the highway. I don't believe there are any grills, so a picnic would probably have to have prepared foods. If you get any interest in the picnic I'd be interested in attending.
Larry

Hey, I KNOW about that place, sunrise point?? I rented in Mission Hills and went there often. It is lovely. I had in mind being surrounded by nature and am looking at state parks nearby. glad you are interested!

blmarie
07-20-2013, 05:42 PM
There's a nice little park on 44 iin Wildwood heading east when you come out of Buena Vista. It has three levels of walking trails as well as covered areas with picnic tables , bathrooms, water bubblers, etc.

blmarie
07-20-2013, 05:44 PM
blmarie;711697]There's a nice little park on 44 iin Wildwood heading east when you come out of Buena Vista. It has three levels of walking trails as well as covered areas with picnic tables , bathrooms, water bubblers, etc

kittygilchrist
07-22-2013, 05:41 PM
I'd love to walk my puppy there and will check it out.