PDA

View Full Version : ParCar directional lights

normgreg
07-19-2013, 02:02 PM
After giving my 2012 ParCar a wash down, the directionals do not work properly. They now fast flicker rather a slow blink. They look to be almost continiously on. All lights light up when they should, just don't blink properly. Any suggestions?

Frank7
07-19-2013, 06:36 PM
Most likely the water got in the fixture, if you have conventional lamps remove lens and dry bulbs and sockets. If you have LEDs try letting them dry out before using the cart and causing more damage.

normgreg
07-20-2013, 02:25 PM
Most likely the water got in the fixture, if you have conventional lamps remove lens and dry bulbs and sockets. If you have LEDs try letting them dry out before using the cart and causing more damage.

I have LED lights for taillights & conventional in front. All lights were dry with no sign of moisture. I also checked the connections for tightness. They were OK. My taillights are dual function, brake & directional. When directional is used the lights flicker. When brake is applied the lights stay lit until brake pedal is released, as it should. I wonder if it could be the flasher or maybe the directional buzzer & had nothing to do with the wash. Both are tucked way under the cowl & can't get wet. Your input please.Thanks

Frank7
07-20-2013, 03:29 PM
You may have got water in the signal lever control, all the light signals are operated at that device. If after it drys out and still does not work it will have to be replaced. The fact that all the lights work tells me it is in the controlling device rather than a single lamp. If you try another flasher make sure it is for LED.