PDA

View Full Version : Great job Phil.

Golfingnut
07-21-2013, 11:24 AM
I was for Tiger, but Phil was my next choice. The only player in the top 15 or so I would not like to win would have been Scott.

Bonny
07-21-2013, 12:16 PM
I love Phil & Tiger. Congrats to Lefty on his win. :coolsmiley: Such a nice guy ! He deserved it !!

THE NEWCOMER
07-21-2013, 12:28 PM
Congrats to lefty on his win! He's good for the sport!

PennBF
07-21-2013, 12:50 PM
OK, let me throw some cold water on this. Phil is GREAT and if you noticed he was signing autographs for all the kids and they actually had to pull him away as he spent as much time as he could signing. He is one great champion and a fine model for the youth.
Now turn it to Tiger...I am not guessing..I worked at the US Open at Wing Foot. Tiger has "protection" so kids could not get around him. He ignored all the kids holding out their cap, players lists, etc and just walked by them As he walked thru the people between holes he ignored them while Phil gave them high fives. He was only interested in getting off the property when he finished 18 holes and had police to ensure he was not interrupted by the public who paid significant entrance fees. Would anyone be surprised that he cheated on his wife/family and was a moral outrage for kids. :ho:

Golfingnut
07-21-2013, 01:02 PM
This is a thread to congratulate Phil. Why ruin it showing personal prejudice for a golfer not finishing on the top of the leader board.

Lark7
07-21-2013, 01:49 PM
I was hoping Adam Scott would win; having said that, Phil is an inspiration for youth and a gentleman for golf - what a class act.

zcaveman
07-21-2013, 02:04 PM
This is a thread to congratulate Phil. Why ruin it showing personal prejudice for a golfer not finishing on the top of the leader board.

Maybe because you bought Tiger up and left the opportunity to bash Tiger arise.

Z

rubicon
07-21-2013, 02:18 PM
Phil Mickelson is a class guy, a good family man, a good role model, a good competitor and a good draw which makes the money people in golf happy.

He played extremely well today coming from behind on a very difficult course.

Golf needs more players like him because his behavior on and off the course speaks well of his integrity. Now there is a guy that parents would be pleased their children would emulate.

tucson
07-21-2013, 02:18 PM
So happy for Phil! Yea!!!

Ragman
07-21-2013, 02:22 PM
OK, let me throw some cold water on this. Phil is GREAT and if you noticed he was signing autographs for all the kids and they actually had to pull him away as he spent as much time as he could signing. He is one great champion and a fine model for the youth.
Now turn it to Tiger...I am not guessing..I worked at the US Open at Wing Foot. Tiger has "protection" so kids could not get around him. He ignored all the kids holding out their cap, players lists, etc and just walked by them As he walked thru the people between holes he ignored them while Phil gave them high fives. He was only interested in getting off the property when he finished 18 holes and had police to ensure he was not interrupted by the public who paid significant entrance fees. Would anyone be surprised that he cheated on his wife/family and was a moral outrage for kids. :ho:

:agree:

There is more to being a champion than winning the most golf tournaments.
Regarding Phil, did you see him give the ball he used on # 17 to the kid behind the ropes? What a class act he is!

karostay
07-21-2013, 02:41 PM
Would be great if a little Phil would rub off on some of the Villages golfers.
Heaven knows they could use it

gocubsgo
07-21-2013, 02:43 PM

I TOTALLY agree! Yesterday Tiger blaming his bad putting on "the greens weren't mowed" was so typical cry baby, blame everyone else but him mentality!

Polar Bear
07-21-2013, 03:24 PM
Maybe because you bought Tiger up and left the opportunity to bash Tiger arise.

Z

"I was for Tiger..." is all that Golfingnut said. Is that what you call an opportunity to bash Tiger?? I have no use for Tiger myself, but that sure is a stretch.

Golfingnut
07-21-2013, 03:28 PM
I know why the bash Tiger.

zcaveman
07-21-2013, 03:56 PM
"I was for Tiger..." is all that Golfingnut said. Is that what you call an opportunity to bash Tiger?? I have no use for Tiger myself, but that sure is a stretch.

It is like in a trial when the prosecutor opens the way for the defense to enter their evidence against the prosecution. He said Tiger and opened up the discussion. That is all I am saying.

Not a stretch. I watch too much Franklin and Bash.

Z

duffysmom
07-21-2013, 04:18 PM

Didn't I just read that you hoped Scott would not win, I think that's personal prejudice. :shrug:

I'm happy for Phil and his family.

Ragman
07-21-2013, 05:36 PM
would be great if a little phil would rub off on some of the villages golfers.
Heaven knows they could use it

Amen!

Polar Bear
07-21-2013, 06:36 PM
...Not a stretch...

Maybe not for you. :^)

BarryRX
07-21-2013, 06:48 PM
To get this post back on track.......that was one of the finest rounds I have seen in a major in a long time. While most of the restof the field was wilting under the pressure of both a very difficult golf course and the moment in time, Phil produced a brilliant round. His putting was incredible, and when he got a bad break he kept his cool and saved par. A very difficult championship produced a very worthy champion. There are very few golfers in history that have produced like Mr. Michelson!

Birdie Dreamer
07-21-2013, 07:07 PM
To get this post back on track.......that was one of the finest rounds I have seen in a major in a long time. While most of the restof the field was wilting under the pressure of both a very difficult golf course and the moment in time, Phil produced a brilliant round. His putting was incredible, and when he got a bad break he kept his cool and saved par. A very difficult championship produced a very worthy champion. There are very few golfers in history that have produced like Mr. Michelson!

Agreed. A fantastic round of golf. Even more impressive given the setting. Also most satisfying to see such a round from such a class individual.

Polar Bear
07-21-2013, 08:04 PM

Agreed. :^)

Polar Bear
07-21-2013, 08:07 PM
...A fantastic round of golf. Even more impressive given the setting. Also most satisfying to see such a round from such a class individual.

Agree again. (Can you tell I like Phil!) :^)

Dr Winston O Boogie jr
07-21-2013, 11:35 PM
Great round, great tournament and great win for one of the really nice guy. Spent some time around Phil and several of the other tour players. I can't say anything negative about any of them, but Phil stands out by going out of his way to be nice to everyone.

When he won this I had the thought that if he hadn't had a total brain cramp on the final hole at Winged Foot back in 2006, he would be one of only six people to have won all four majors.

With Tiger doing what he has done in his career, it is easy to overlook what and outstanding career Phil has had.

Mikeod
07-22-2013, 10:56 AM
Global Golf news has a column about the Open and Phil. The author makes a statement that, to me, sums up what makes Phil easy to root for. Paraphrasing, he says that Phil invites us in while others push us away.

I was disappointed to read in the Sun this morning Tiger's somewhat dismissive remark about the round Phil played. If it was "out there" how come nobody save Poulter approached that score?

vito711
07-22-2013, 02:40 PM
Congrats Phil

PennBF
07-22-2013, 08:49 PM
I could not say enough good things about Phil. He is a wonderful image for our youth, both on and off the course. Others that come to mind..Tom Watson, Chi Chi, of course Jack, and Lee. There are a lot of great ones that kids can look up to and Phil stands at the top of the pack. :wave:

Bonny
07-22-2013, 09:58 PM
He is definitely an awesome golfer and a great person !!