PDA

View Full Version : Spinal Cord Injury Support Group

TraceyMooreRN
08-12-2013, 03:16 PM
This is my story: I have a man who raised me, who recently suffered greatly while volunteering his time for Habitat for Humanity. On June 1st, in Winchester Virginia- my (dad) fell 20 feet from a roof and is now paralyzed from the nipple line down. He has full use of his hands, arms, shoulders and head. I just learned this weekend there is no place "to place him" near his only biological daughter. Therefore, he is coming to TV with me on Sept 19th to live until he can transition on his own. He is 65 years old.
I am looking for support groups for him or any assistance I can get. Because Habitat for Humanity workers sign waivers, there are is no money to collect for his injury and life altering change. I am looking for ways to get him a handicap golf cart that he can wheel himself into and out of and also be the driver. Need a motorized wheelchair, shower chair and I also need to know how or if I can start a foundation to help raise money for these items. I am a nurse who works full time and need also companions to sit with him while I am working. Any thoughts or suggestions--greatly appreciated.