PDA

View Full Version : alternative to murphy bed

Bonnevie
08-14-2013, 12:04 PM
I was researching murphy beds and found a site that sells something called a cabinet bed. very interesting and much less space than a murphy bed.

here's a link to a demo:

New ZZZ-Chest™ -The Murphy Bed you don't have to install! (http://www.fu-chest.com/credenzzz_movie.html)

anybody seen one of these? what do you think?

Hancle704
08-14-2013, 12:23 PM
Interesting alternative. No info about where to buy and pricing.

BettyCrocked
08-14-2013, 01:12 PM
Here's one place that sells them.
Arason Enterprises Creden-ZzZ Rubbed Black Cottage Flip Top Cabinet Bed - 103-20 - Arason Enterprises Fu-Chest (http://www.onewayfurniture.com/arason-fu-chest-queen-studio-bed-103-20.html)

Bonnevie
08-14-2013, 04:57 PM
this is where I first found it and the people who sent me the video

Murphy Bed Alternative (http://www.cabinetbedsofva.com/index.html)

vj1213
08-14-2013, 05:37 PM
I have one. Got it at Bed's Plus in TV. I will see if I can attach a picture, (I went to the Murphy Bed Alternative site you listed, and mine is the white one shown). You just flip up the top, unhook the front, pull the drawer out all the way, the front panel comes down and makes the platform, then unfold the mattress). It folds out into a queen size memory foam bed. I have never slept on it, but everyone who has says its very comfortable. The price on that site is a lot less than I paid. They did have one on display at the store (if not pm me and you can come see mine)

Monkei
08-14-2013, 07:19 PM
vj ... how comfortable is it to sleep in?

asianthree
08-14-2013, 08:44 PM
is it a standard size queen?

vj1213
08-14-2013, 11:14 PM
everyone who has slept in it say it is very comfortable. It is a queen size memory foam mattress, probably about 6 - 8 inches thick

Bonnevie
08-15-2013, 07:24 AM
when you buy from the site, it comes unassembled. the man said if one is handy assembly isn't bad.

vj1213
08-15-2013, 08:08 AM
the sent 2 guys to assemble, apparently mine was the first they had assembled so it did take them a while. Then I had to call them back to level it because they had it leaning forward and the drawer wouldn't push back in very easily.

In awe of TV
08-15-2013, 08:13 AM
I really love the look of this piece of furniture. It seems like the assembly would be the same as purchasing a furniture piece from Ikea. I'm a pro at assembling - it may take me a bit longer, but I get the job done.

This is a piece you can move with you very easily, not like the big wall system.

I booked marked the page for future reference. Thanks for posting!

Bonnevie
08-15-2013, 05:47 PM
that was my thought, too, In Awe. Wouldn't be a problem changing flooring...I, too, have put together my share of "ready to assemble" furniture....but I imagine it might be a two person job. I'll know who to call to help me now.....

lovsthosebigdogs
08-15-2013, 08:45 PM
I have one. Got it at Bed's Plus in TV. I will see if I can attach a picture, (I went to the Murphy Bed Alternative site you listed, and mine is the white one shown). You just flip up the top, unhook the front, pull the drawer out all the way, the front panel comes down and makes the platform, then unfold the mattress). It folds out into a queen size memory foam bed. I have never slept on it, but everyone who has says its very comfortable. The price on that site is a lot less than I paid. They did have one on display at the store (if not pm me and you can come see mine)

vj,
I love this idea but my only concern is that it looks very low to the floor. Is it hard to get out of being so close to the floor or is that just the way it looks in the picture? I really think it's a great alternative also and it doesn't take up a whole wall of nothingness like a Murphy bed does.

LuauLinda
08-15-2013, 09:54 PM
I am considering this for short term guests : frontgate.com/ezbed

Hancle704
08-15-2013, 10:40 PM
[QUOTE=vj1213;726220]I have one. Got it at Bed's Plus in TV. QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. Where is Bed's Plus located in TV

asianthree
08-16-2013, 05:50 AM
wonder how hard its is to pull out on carpet...thinking would make a great TV stand and a bed when you need it....cheaper than a murphy..but still alittle pricey

Susi1356
08-16-2013, 07:57 AM
Here is the video on YouTube:
CredenZZZ Cabinet Bed - YouTube (http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Qt2GRmUy7HQ&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DQt2GRmUy7HQ)