PDA

View Full Version : Million Muslim March ... set for Sept 11

TexaninVA
08-15-2013, 06:01 PM
I noticed this article about a planned "Million Muslim March" in Washington scheduled for 11 September.

'Million Muslim March' Scheduled for Sept. 11 Reorients to Seek 9/11 'Truth' - Washington Whispers (usnews.com) (http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/washington-whispers/2013/07/16/million-muslim-march-scheduled-for-sept-11-reorients-to-seek-911-truth)

I wondering how people might feel about this ?? Is this a positive development, negative, not sure or what?

Indydealmaker
08-15-2013, 06:20 PM
This event is a smokescreen to obfuscate the ongoing efforts to mainstream Muslim culture into the United States.

billethkid
08-15-2013, 06:29 PM
This event is a smokescreen to obfuscate the ongoing efforts to mainstream Muslim culture into the United States.

maybe they will be as unsuccessful as most of the other million man something or others.
Obviously it isn't against their religion.....Egypt can attest to that!

btk

Monkei
08-15-2013, 08:25 PM
It could be used as a learning session to each side understand their beliefs. Can't hurt.

JP
08-15-2013, 08:25 PM
It will be a good time for the NSA to get all their pictures.

redwitch
08-15-2013, 08:42 PM
They're certainly carrying a very large umbrella -- conspiracy advocates; freedom for privacy groups; Muslims. A lot of groups with very different agendas. And then there's the simple fact that not much interest has been shown (1,000 saying they'll attend to date).

As to mainstreaming Muslim culture/religion in the U.S., I was always under the impression that it was as much a part of the mainstream as any other minority religion -- actually, more than a lot of them. We aren't in shock when we see a woman in a headscarf or even in a burka; we know the call to prayer and don't look around in shock when it is heard in our cities. As a religion, it is very accepted here; at least it is the areas I've lived in and visited. What is not, and should not be, accepted is a condoning of violence and jihads. Racism is wrong whether done by those in power or those in a minority.

graciegirl
08-15-2013, 09:27 PM
They're certainly carrying a very large umbrella -- conspiracy advocates; freedom for privacy groups; Muslims. A lot of groups with very different agendas. And then there's the simple fact that not much interest has been shown (1,000 saying they'll attend to date).

As to mainstreaming Muslim culture/religion in the U.S., I was always under the impression that it was as much a part of the mainstream as any other minority religion -- actually, more than a lot of them. We aren't in shock when we see a woman in a headscarf or even in a burka; we know the call to prayer and don't look around in shock when it is heard in our cities. As a religion, it is very accepted here; at least it is the areas I've lived in and visited. What is not, and should not be, accepted is a condoning of violence and jihads. Racism is wrong whether done by those in power or those in a minority.

Well said.

CFrance
08-15-2013, 09:34 PM

Well said.

I double that: Extremely well said. You really have your pulse on things, redwitch.

Hancle704
08-15-2013, 10:26 PM
Here is a different report on the same event. This one contains a different photo and includes "demands".

Million Muslim March Planned in DC on Anniversary of 9-11 (http://www.breitbart.com/InstaBlog/2013/08/15/Million-Muslim-March-Planned-in-DC-on-Anniversary-of-9-11)

http://http://www.breitbart.com/InstaBlog/2013/08/15/Million-Muslim-March-Planned-in-DC-on-Anniversary-of-9-11

chachacha
08-15-2013, 11:01 PM
it would be nicer if the million muslims were marching to show their allegiance to our constitution and their objection to the jihad which caused the attacks. they may feel allegiance but the organizers certainly don't seem to be going out of their way to praise the good life they have found in this country and any gratitude they might feel to now be considered Americans.

CFrance
08-15-2013, 11:07 PM
it would be nicer if the million muslims were marching to show their allegiance to our constitution and their objection to the jihad which caused the attacks. they may feel allegiance but the organizers certainly don't seem to be going out of their way to praise the good life they have found in this country and any gratitude they might feel to now be considered Americans.

Wow. You are so spot on.

dalecrenshaw
08-16-2013, 12:16 AM
I noticed this article about a planned "Million Muslim March" in Washington scheduled for 11 September.

'Million Muslim March' Scheduled for Sept. 11 Reorients to Seek 9/11 'Truth' - Washington Whispers (usnews.com) (http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/washington-whispers/2013/07/16/million-muslim-march-scheduled-for-sept-11-reorients-to-seek-911-truth)

I wondering how people might feel about this ?? Is this a positive development, negative, not sure or what?

Doesn't anyone think it is strange that they have planned with march on 9/11. I think it is an insult to all those lives lost on 9/11.

Monkei
08-16-2013, 01:58 AM

Well they have somewhat of an issue ... A religion that has been hijacked by some radicals should not bring the entire religion down. Broadbrush painting is not always a good thing.

nitehawk
08-16-2013, 06:43 AM
Well they have somewhat of an issue ... A religion that has been hijacked by some radicals should not bring the entire religion down. Broadbrush painting is not always a good thing.

:bigbow::bigbow::bigbow::bigbow:

shcisamax
08-16-2013, 06:47 AM
Doesn't anyone think it is strange that they have planned with march on 9/11. I think it is an insult to all those lives lost on 9/11.

I actually think it is a very poor choice of date...unless the point of the march is to specifically show support for the US for the horror that was wrought upon us on that date while also showing contempt and solidarity in fighting against the terrorist element that has caused so much international horror and disdain to their religion.

BTW: What exactly IS the purpose of the march?

gomoho
08-16-2013, 06:51 AM
Having this march on 9/11 is a slap in the face of the United States and the tragedy we
suffered on that date. It is sacred in the hearts of many any should not be marched on by a million Muslims or anyone else. It should be remembered with reverance.

Bay Kid
08-16-2013, 06:56 AM
Doing this on 9-11 is really wrong. Why that date? Is it a dare to all Americans? Why march period?

billethkid
08-16-2013, 06:58 AM

if they are so devout and dedicated to their religion then why do we not ever hear or see their condemnation of what the radicals within their group are doing?

Why is it in Egypt they have chosen to burn to the ground every christian church they can get to including some dating back to Egypt's 4th century?

There is definitely a problem within the Muslim community that tolerates/allows those that are are carrying the broad brush of terror and violence to paint them all as what we see in Egypt, or Boston or NYC 9/11, et al.

There comes a time when enough should be enough, eh? How many centuries has this been going on?

I don't buy what is being sold about how good they are....and I do respect and acknowledge those who are peace loving and all that...I do not respect they do not speak out or do something about THEIR problem.

btk

Taltarzac725
08-16-2013, 07:40 AM

Complicated development. Taking an analogy, if the Japanese-Americans had wanted to stage a march on Washington on December 7, 1946 what would you have thought? Many Japanese-Americans were put into camps during WWII and treated abominably because of their race and connection with where their ancestors and sometimes where they and/or their parents came from. There were highly decorated Japanese-American troops fighting in WWII especially in the Italian campaign. Having the date though of December 7, 1953 would have enraged many still with very strong emotions connected with the Pearl Harbor attack. Having it on December 7, 2013 would seem kind of pointless given our current relationship with Japan and how successful many of Japanese ancestry now are in the United States.

It does seem insensitive to put the March on September 11, 2013 as it has only been 12 years since that horrible attack. I have run into some Southerners who still seem a little upset at Sherman's March to the Sea.

redwitch
08-16-2013, 08:05 AM
I talked to a Muslim friend about this march. She most definitely will not be attending -- thinks it will create ill will given the date chosen. However, she understands why 9/11 was selected. There are a few reasons:

1. This date created a racial hatred for all "Arabs" whether Muslim or not. Since 9/11, many mosques have been burned and vandalized. "Ragheads" (talk about an offensive term) has become part of common street vernacular. So, 9/11 is a way to remind people that not every Muslim is a radical or was in support of that event.

2. Muslims did die in the World Trade Towers. It is a homage to those who did and their families.

3. For some, it is a way to deliberately slap U.S.

If it does occur, it will be interesting to hear/read the speeches. It will tell us a lot of what is being thought. If it is done with reverence and prayer, it could be a beautiful event.

Taltarzac725
08-16-2013, 08:32 AM
I talked to a Muslim friend about this march. She most definitely will not be attending -- thinks it will create ill will given the date chosen. However, she understands why 9/11 was selected. There are a few reasons:

1. This date created a racial hatred for all "Arabs" whether Muslim or not. Since 9/11, many mosques have been burned and vandalized. "Ragheads" (talk about an offensive term) has become part of common street vernacular. So, 9/11 is a way to remind people that not every Muslim is a radical or was in support of that event.

2. Muslims did die in the World Trade Towers. It is a homage to those who did and their families.

If it does occur, it will be interesting to hear/read the speeches. It will tell us a lot of what is being thought. If it is done with reverence and prayer, it could be a beautiful event.

I met a number of Muslims while at the University of Denver and maybe one was what I would call becoming a jihadist. And, that was primarily because he claimed he had a brother who was high up in Hussein's military command and Mahmood wanted to compete with his brother with respect to doing his duty toward his country. This was in 1983-1984 and the Iran-Iraq war was taking a huge number of lives on both sides. The other Muslims at the University of Denver could not have cared less about jihad and other stuff. They had their careers to think of and supporting their families.

And, a very outspoken Muslim at the University of Minnesota Law School who was a class behind me (I was 1989, he was 1990) was the man who is now the only Muslim in the US Congress. I never had any classes with him but my then life-in girlfriend Jennifer V. did. You certainly knew he was a Muslim while he was in law school. He is also African American. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keith_Ellison

I will also watch and see what happens during this "Million" Man March.

mulligan
08-16-2013, 08:42 AM
Maybe we should get some of our recently returned combat vets to provide "security" at the march. Maybe they could see if they recognize anybody..............

linko38
08-16-2013, 09:23 AM

Isn't it funny they chose 9-11 to do this? They like to construct mosque where they have won a battle or killed their enemies. This is just another in your face America march! Everything they do has a reason and a purpose. I will not stand by and let them take over like they have in the UK. Tennesee schools have just now announced they are taking all pork products off their school menus. This march is a very bad thing!

billethkid
08-16-2013, 09:28 AM
Isn't it funny they chose 9-11 to do this? They like to construct mosque where they have won a battle or killed their enemies. This is just another in your face America march! Everything they do has a reason and a purpose. I will not stand by and let them take over like they have in the UK. Tennesee schools have just now announced they are taking all pork products off their school menus. This march is a very bad thing!

Speaking of the UK, here is a tongue in cheek ditty......I always believe there is a true word spoken in jest:

btk

Bucco
08-16-2013, 09:42 AM

This is from the link and sounds a bit political rather than religious to me...

""We want to hold President Obama accountable for his empty promises of creating a transparent government," march organizer Isa Hodge told U.S. News. "What exactly have we spent all our money, lost lives and taken lives for? The entire record of the 9/11 Commission has never been released."

Protesters will also denounce "FBI traps," "illegal tapping and surveilling of Muslim Americans" and "media propaganda making the word terrorist synonymous with Muslim," he said.

The march 2 Muslim March" earlier this year, but its name has since been changed to the "Million American March Against Fear," according to Hodge."

ivanhoe
08-16-2013, 10:00 AM
OK fellow Villagers.....time to snap out of it!

LiveLeak.com - The Horrific Muslim Infiltration Of Britain (http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=07b_1368058553)

billethkid
08-16-2013, 10:27 AM
excellent video, that could/should serve as an indicator to many christian Americans. Please do click on the infomation bar at the top of the video to witness how the Muslim approach affects the mond. It is revealing in the first person the complete dedication to our death with absolutely not one iota of remorse....only resolve to go do it again.

This information should scare most freedom lloving peoples. Hopefully the post and this thread survives. It does affect the very lives of TV residents and their families.

btk

Thank you ivanhoe for the link and wake up call!!!!!

Bucco
08-16-2013, 10:29 AM
Be aware that the group who is sponsoring this march has blamed 9/11 on a Jewish conspiracy, including Israel.

clod
08-16-2013, 11:11 AM
Reading the Koran you will find that Muslims believe all infidels (that is non-Muslims) must be killed.

Those that are not that radical still support and tolerate those who are. This is called aiding and abetting, which makes them guilty also.

chachacha
08-16-2013, 11:17 AM

i certainly do not want to broadbrush all muslims as terrorists, but as others have correctly stated, the average secular muslim is either too scared or too indifferent to make any admonishments to their radical brethren to give them credibility to the rest of the world. if they marched for the reasons i stated, it would go a long way to bring them the admiration of their fellow americans and stop the problems of which they are complaining, the "victimization" of being viewed as terrorists. but will they???

DaleMN
08-16-2013, 12:09 PM
Good grief! :doh:

graciegirl
08-16-2013, 12:44 PM
Good grief! :doh:

It is a good grief to grieve that what most of us are taught to be good religious principles in this day and age are not viewed by all to be the same.

And that would be the caring responsibility for all people of this earth. Most Christians and Jews that I know have it...or strive for it or recognize it as a virtuous goal.

Bucco
08-16-2013, 12:55 PM
It is a good grief to grieve that what most of us are taught to be good religious principles in this day and age are not viewed by all to be the same.

And that would be the caring responsibility for all people of this earth. Most Christians and Jews that I know have it...or strive for it or recognize it as a virtuous goal.

The Middle East has absolutely imploded. People are dying in droves daily in Syria, Libya, Egypt and other places.

What this has done, and continues to do, is allow the hate faction to get stronger and gain influence, not just on the government but the people of the region.

I am just in shock with the cavalier and laid back attitude shown in this country to all these deaths.

Mallory Voice
08-16-2013, 01:28 PM

Take a very close look at what is going on in Egypt as we speak and you be the judge as to a positive impact.
Mallory Voice

buggyone
08-16-2013, 01:29 PM
The Middle East has absolutely imploded. People are dying in droves daily in Syria, Libya, Egypt and other places.

What this has done, and continues to do, is allow the hate faction to get stronger and gain influence, not just on the government but the people of the region.

I am just in shock with the cavalier and laid back attitude shown in this country to all these deaths.

I think most Americans think the thousands of deaths in the MidEast are terrible but are at a loss of what to do. No matter what side the US takes, it will be against one or more groups and is a lose-lose situation for the US.

Do you have any suggestions - not mistakes the US has made but what might work now? I don't.

Monkei
08-16-2013, 01:30 PM
i certainly do not want to broadbrush all muslims as terrorists, but as others have correctly stated, the average secular muslim is either too scared or too indifferent to make any admonishments to their radical brethren to give them credibility to the rest of the world. if they marched for the reasons i stated, it would go a long way to bring them the admiration of their fellow americans and stop the problems of which they are complaining, the "victimization" of being viewed as terrorists. but will they???

I agree ... a faction is bringing down their religion ... they have to find the courage to stand up to that faction.

Bucco
08-16-2013, 01:38 PM
I think most Americans think the thousands of deaths in the MidEast are terrible but are at a loss of what to do. No matter what side the US takes, it will be against one or more groups and is a lose-lose situation for the US.

Do you have any suggestions - not mistakes the US has made but what might work now? I don't.

No suggestions at all. It is very frustrating . We have sowed these seeds in the Mideast over the years, and need to understand that our "words" will change nothing, and also to make trust of anyone, something needed to be earned.

We have very little in the way of "influence" any longer, and I do feel that giving them any money is wrong.

billethkid
08-16-2013, 02:42 PM
history displays for us what these people have been doing to each other for centuries.

Current technology just so happens to make more of us aware that what has happened historically for centuries is still alive and well in _ _ _ _ _ (fill in any mid east country you like).....OK...Egypt the current media focus.

I don't know why we think we could or even should bother to try to change something that has been going on for centuries....and oh by the way the other point of progress is they have spilled into other countries all over the world and as shown in the UK and France they continue to promote what they have for centuries.

Yes their numbers are growing everywhere. No they haven't changed what they believe no matter where they live. Yes they believe in the killing of infidels (non Muslims).

Since there is no way to change what they do and why then leave them in their area of the world and let them do what they will to each other.
Harsh and uncaring. It sounds like it. But there is no percentage waging a battle that cannot be won. That has been proven over the centuries.

Isn't it amazing that we get all concerned when something like the zebra mussel comes to our shores and is labeled destructive and we spend millions to try to stop the invasion. But we will permit/allow an infestation of our land by a people who are committed to kill the infidels....by the way that would be us.

As they begin to infiltrate our governments, time is on their side. They have a task and goal to accomplish and have shown they are willing to spend centuries to make it happen.

Look at the history. Compare it to where the muslims are today to back then. Then as the birth rates suggest project what is in the cards for the future.

So do not feel bad that one cannot come up with a suggestion on how to make it better. It cannot be done. And we are fast becoming a nation tha will no longer make the hard choices to bring it to a stop and under control in this country.

I suggest no more immigration of muslims. Any that are not citizens, send them home when their visa is up. Pull all troops and stop all financial support of muslim countries. Let them evolve back to where they were before they started to migrate.

Isn't it amazing how we freeze up when an uncomfortable subject hits the table? This cannot be swept under or out of discussion. We are risking the future generation of Americans who are not Muslims.

btk

Doodle
08-16-2013, 03:16 PM

Anyone who was there or even not there. Will always have a hole in your heart. I get peaceful protests, blah, blah, blah. Part of bing a citizen in the USA is that we have somber holidays to remember those that lost their lives. Shame on them. I'm just sickened. The participants be warned..new Yorkers do not mess around! Ugghhhhhhh.when will it end?:swear:

rubicon
08-16-2013, 03:35 PM
March set on 9/11
Demands for accountability by he government as to the truth of 9/11
Hoping Louis Farrakhan Nation of Islam will attend.
Please.

Too often people confuse their heads with their hearts.

Ask Europeans what they are dealing with now. One European told me his entire city is now Muslim. Another European that they don't recognize Dublin any longer.

Politicians are absorbed by the Mexican issue but won't come within a mile of the Muslim issue. Why do you think that is so?

The Samolian problem in Minneapolis is explosive.

Look at what is going on in the Middle East and look at what happened in Europe then look at what happened in Detroit add to that 9/11/2001 and you can see where we are headed.

This issue isn't about race its about an ideology that makes it clear that every infidel is their enemy and needs to be destroyed. turning the other cheek here is only going to get you grief.

Monkei
08-16-2013, 03:57 PM
We need to clear up one thing ... Muslim teachings do not tell their believers to kill all infidels. It does teach them to kill infidels who would commit combat and terrorism or do harm against other Muslims. That is a big difference than our narrow minded view that Muslims are out to kill all Christians. It is not their teachings.

CFrance
08-16-2013, 04:02 PM
Monkei, good information. I think most reasonable people do not paint all Muslims with the terrorist brush. But it is good to be reminded of their religious beliefs.

twinklesweep
08-16-2013, 04:15 PM
No suggestions at all. It is very frustrating . We have sowed these seeds in the Mideast over the years, and need to understand that our "words" will change nothing, and also to make trust of anyone, something needed to be earned.

We have very little in the way of "influence" any longer, and I do feel that giving them any money is wrong.

The above statement [emphasis mine] is true enough; however, let's not forget the role of Western society in general over the centuries with such acts as the Crusades, imperialism, colonialism....

I'm not in a position to take a position on a "Million Muslim March." But wouldn't it be presumptuous for non-Muslims to offer what should be the goals for such a march?

billethkid
08-16-2013, 05:24 PM
I'm not in a position to take a position on a "Million Muslim March." But wouldn't it be presumptuous for non-Muslims to offer what should be the goals for such a march?

no more presumtuous than their credo that all other religions must cease and desist!

btk

TexaninVA
08-16-2013, 09:03 PM

Yes, I agree it's insulting. I also think the timing is obviously deliberate and yet another "finger in the eye" ... kind of like building a mosque near where the Towers used to be. It's all about never retreating and always advancing against the infidel. The objective is eventual victory worldwide ... however long it takes and by whatever means necessary. This march is just one small tactical event. You do have to give them credit for being brash about it though.

TexaninVA
08-16-2013, 09:06 PM
We need to clear up one thing ... Muslim teachings do not tell their believers to kill all infidels. It does teach them to kill infidels who would commit combat and terrorism or do harm against other Muslims. That is a big difference than our narrow minded view that Muslims are out to kill all Christians. It is not their teachings.

I think you are making a distinction without much of a practical difference when it comes to radical Islam. The driving force is their faith and belief that, once Islam "conquers the world" ... all will be well, peace and harmony etc. In that sense it is a millennial type dream.

But, what is very real is that Islam is expansive and the basic strategy is to conquer via the womb ... out procreate and in a few decades or maybe a century, many formerly Christian countries are converted to Islam. Look at the UK ... look at other areas in Europe. And, yes, look at the US. It's not PC to talk about this so our tendency is to come up with "let's understand each other" "let's talk it thru" "Muslims are as American as apple pie" and other self-delusional excuses. We sheepishly avoid confronting the ugly reality our kids and grandkids will face since we will not apparently do anything about it.

Monkei
08-17-2013, 02:54 AM
I think you are making a distinction without much of a practical difference when it comes to radical Islam. The driving force is their faith and belief that, once Islam "conquers the world" ... all will be well, peace and harmony etc. In that sense it is a millennial type dream.

But, what is very real is that Islam is expansive and the basic strategy is to conquer via the womb ... out procreate and in a few decades or maybe a century, many formerly Christian countries are converted to Islam. Look at the UK ... look at other areas in Europe. And, yes, look at the US. It's not PC to talk about this so our tendency is to come up with "let's understand each other" "let's talk it thru" "Muslims are as American as apple pie" and other self-delusional excuses. We sheepishly avoid confronting the ugly reality our kids and grandkids will face since we will not apparently do anything about it.

So are you saying that Islam is the only religion trying to expand? Missionary work to convert the heathens and savages ... They need to be taught about the savior who died for their sins, etc, etc, etc. seems like "we" have done our share of expanding.

I stand by my previous statement and the difference I pointed out. Muslim teachings are not to kill all infidels.

I refuse to live my life scared. You make it sound like our only possible future is thru ridding the world of this Muslim scourge.

Golfingnut
08-17-2013, 03:29 AM
So are you saying that Islam is the only religion trying to expand? Missionary work to convert the heathens and savages ... They need to be taught about the savior who died for their sins, etc, etc, etc. seems like "we" have done our share of expanding.

I stand by my previous statement and the difference I pointed out. Muslim teachings are not to kill all infidels.

I refuse to live my life scared. You make it sound like our only possible future is thru ridding the world of this Muslim scourge.

Christians are in first place when it comes to killing other religions. I do prefer to be on the winning team, but would like to see more of us understand that we have more killing in our history than any other religion. Not to mention all the land we have stolen from those we consider less godly. That is the simple truth. NOW, we should either get our medaling butt out of the middle east or wipe them out completely. You can only poke at a hornets nest so many time without being stung. I love America with all my heart; however, we do interfere in other countries problems far more than we should.

Monkei
08-17-2013, 07:12 AM
Christians are in first place when it comes to killing other religions. I do prefer to be on the winning team, but would like to see more of us understand that we have more killing in our history than any other religion. Not to mention all the land we have stolen from those we consider less godly. That is the simple truth. NOW, we should either get our medaling butt out of the middle east or wipe them out completely. You can only poke at a hornets nest so many time without being stung. I love America with all my heart; however, we do interfere in other countries problems far more than we should.

It's spelled and always has been spelled ... O I L and our continued dependency on it.

Bucco
08-17-2013, 07:23 AM

True...however...

[B]"It does teach them to kill infidels who would commit combat and terrorism or do harm against other Muslims"

Has been wide open for definitions in recent years. "Combat", "terrorism", and "harm" are defined, for the most part, by different groups in different ways at different times.

Bay Kid
08-17-2013, 07:28 AM
OK fellow Villagers.....time to snap out of it!

LiveLeak.com - The Horrific Muslim Infiltration Of Britain (http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=07b_1368058553)

We better be ready for this in our country.

TexaninVA
08-17-2013, 09:47 AM
It's spelled and always has been spelled ... O I L and our continued dependency on it.

Ok, so you're saying OIL is bad etc? Please let us know when you stop driving your car, using air conditioning (requires power) and yes your golf cart. We can find oil in a lot of places but people get upset about that too. Perhaps a separate thread?

TexaninVA
08-17-2013, 09:53 AM
We better be ready for this in our country.

This video is chilling and makes the point. I would really be curious to see how people advocating "more understanding" and "the bad guys are just a small percentage" along with "Christians have done horrible things etcc" respond to this. It is right there for you to assess. This is NOT what we want in America ... period.

The UK is pretty much toast. We still have time to state the obvious ... unless Muslims assimilate (which means they become melting pot Americans like everyone else) it's NOT going to work. And we should face that reality. The Brits obviously have not and seem to be truly crippled by the PC disease coupled with multiculturalism gone amok.

DaleMN
08-17-2013, 11:47 AM
Isolationalism :doh:

Bucco
08-17-2013, 11:56 AM
Isolationalism :doh:

"Isolationism is the policy or doctrine of isolating one's country from the affairs of other nations by declining to enter into alliances, foreign economic commitments, foreign trade, international agreements, etc., seeking to devote the entire efforts of one's country to its own advancement and remain at peace by avoiding foreign entanglements and responsibilities. Two other terms often associated with Isolationism, but not necessarily the same as Isolationism, are:

Non-interventionism – is the belief that political rulers should avoid entangling alliances with other nations and avoid all wars not related to direct territorial differences (self-defense). However, most non-interventionists are supporters of free trade, travel, and support certain international agreements, and therefore differ from isolationists.
Protectionism – Relates more often to economics, its proponents believe that there should be legal barriers in order to control trade and cultural exchange with people in other states."

Isolationism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isolationism)

I think this term is being misused

Monkei
08-17-2013, 05:17 PM
Ok, so you're saying OIL is bad etc? Please let us know when you stop driving your car, using air conditioning (requires power) and yes your golf cart. We can find oil in a lot of places but people get upset about that too. Perhaps a separate thread?

The oil issue is over. The time to do something about it was in the 70s. Oil is not bad, but our dependence is. I am very surprised that this is still a non issue with people. You can blame me and others but alternatives have been shot down, including even tougher MPG standards, most likely by the big oil lobbies and big auto which have open doors to the congressman of their choice. Oh and also the tried an true JOB KILLERS bull crap.

Monkei
08-17-2013, 05:19 PM
True...however...

[B]"It does teach them to kill infidels who would commit combat and terrorism or do harm against other Muslims"

Has been wide open for definitions in recent years. "Combat", "terrorism", and "harm" are defined, for the most part, by different groups in different ways at different times.

Yes, but the definition "against other Muslims" is not. It's very apparent what the meaning is there.

DDoug
08-17-2013, 06:30 PM
I dont know of any other religious group that is so hell bent on destroying the world. Sorry but Muslims are all the same . Say what you will thats my belief

karostay
08-17-2013, 06:46 PM

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.":pray:

Monkei
08-17-2013, 07:05 PM
I dont know of any other religious group that is so hell bent on destroying the world. Sorry but Muslims are all the same . Say what you will thats my belief

Talk about a broad brush. I don't want to be argumentative but it's not like we have kept our paws out of the Middle East the last 50 years or so. We have propped up and supported dictators, we have supported militaries who have been less than kind to their people, we have placed ourselves in the middle of civil wars and have taken and supported militaries of one Muslim country against another only to turn around years later and oppose the one we supported before. We have built US bases in their countries. You know before we start blaming all Muslims and calling them all out maybe we should get out of the middle east all together. Besides I am sick of supplying US blood to protect big oil companies who are under no obligation to sell their oil to the US and even going as far as giving them massive tax breaks along the way. They don't pay taxes and they therefore don't deserve or pay for their protection.

Lets just stop the support of all aid and let them try to make a living selling oil to India and china. Get out of the Middle East so we don't have to live the rest of our lives scared that Muslims might move to the US.

Bucco
08-17-2013, 07:55 PM
Talk about a broad brush. I don't want to be argumentative but it's not like we have kept our paws out of the Middle East the last 50 years or so. We have propped up and supported dictators, we have supported militaries who have been less than kind to their people, we have placed ourselves in the middle of civil wars and have taken and supported militaries of one Muslim country against another only to turn around years later and oppose the one we supported before. We have built US bases in their countries. You know before we start blaming all Muslims and calling them all out maybe we should get out of the middle east all together. Besides I am sick of supplying US blood to protect big oil companies who are under no obligation to sell their oil to the US and even going as far as giving them massive tax breaks along the way. They don't pay taxes and they therefore don't deserve or pay for their protection.

Lets just stop the support of all aid and let them try to make a living selling oil to India and china. Get out of the Middle East so we don't have to live the rest of our lives scared that Muslims might move to the US.

I, personally...and it surely may be just me, but I am so confused about some of these posts.

They seem to justify killing of people in the name of Islam, and then somehow get linked to then USA, and oil. They then criticize those who fear people who threaten death and follow up and kill. They talk about big business and such and seem to defend everything that is not of this country.

I have seen NOT ONE POST speak ill of a Muslim because of their religion. I have seen people express fear of the factions that are aggressively working into every fiber and trying very hard to make us feel guilty for our fear.

To even suggest simply giving up and turning all interests in the Mid East to anyone is mind boggling naive. To even suggest that we have no interest in other elections (while much is done from outside to influence ours) TO ME shows a complete lack of understanding of the real world.

It is, to me, very scary that people feel that way.

I am not in anyway being political Mr Moderator and apologize because I do not express myself well, but to have the USA criticized in a thread where concern is expressed over a Muslim march which has PUBLICLY STATED ITS POLITICAL GOALS shakes me quite a bit.

If a discussion of Mid East policy is allowed on here, perhaps the suggestions of running , abolishing interest, etc would be fine, but the defense of killers, either directly or implied, is upsetting to me and to ignore the world as it really is is equally upsetting.

Not political, and I apologize for the rant.

I offer from the new a few reasons to CARE about what is happening..

"Who's Really in Control of Libya's Guns?"

http://transitions.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2013/08/16/whos_really_in_control_of_libyas_guns

Iran has 18,000 uranium centrifuges, says outgoing nuclear chief

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/08/17/us-iran-nuclear-centrifuges-idUSBRE97G0AQ20130817

Syria: 11 killed in attacks against Christians

http://www.thehindu.com/news/international/world/syria-11-killed-in-attacks-against-christians/article5032219.ece

Iraq premier warns of weapons smuggled from Syria

http://news.yahoo.com/iraq-premier-warns-weapons-smuggled-syria-172447549.html

Israel retaliates after Syria shells hit Golan Heights

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/08/17/israel-retaliates-after-syria-shells-hit-golan-heights/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+foxnews%2Fworld+(Internal+-+World+Latest+-+Text)#ixzz2cHN8VR34

CFrance
08-17-2013, 08:18 PM

You are spot on in my opinion. We really need to have the guts to end our dependency on oil. I'm all for the price of gas going so sky high so that public pressure will be brought on the politicians to do something about this dependency. It seems so odd that whenever this starts to happen, miraculously the price comes back down.

The technology is there; the support is not.

chachacha
08-17-2013, 09:03 PM
petroleum products are used as a base for many things we need besides fuel for our cars...i do think we should be using our own resources rather than helping brazil and other countries drill so that we can be their customers~ and the last people we should be dependent upon should be the middle eastern countries. my friend monkei seems to be of divided heart as many of us are when it comes to these complex issues. there just are no easy answers, but i think halting immigration from saudi arabia and some other problematic countries is a good start, as BTK suggested. our first duty is to protect our culture, and there is definitely a culture clash with eastern traditions. it does not make anyone "bad" but just hard to meld together with.

TexaninVA
08-17-2013, 09:23 PM

Let me see if I can summarize what was just said ...

1. When in doubt, blame America first

2. Oil companies are evil, rotten and so forth

TexaninVA
08-17-2013, 09:28 PM
petroleum products are used as a base for many things we need besides fuel for our cars...i do think we should be using our own resources rather than helping brazil and other countries drill so that we can be their customers~ and the last people we should be dependent upon should be the middle eastern countries. my friend monkei seems to be of divided heart as many of us are when it comes to these complex issues. there just are no easy answers, but i think halting immigration from saudi arabia and some other problematic countries is a good start, as BTK suggested. our first duty is to protect our culture, and there is definitely a culture clash with eastern traditions. it does not make anyone "bad" but just hard to meld together with.

Excellent post, and well put as usual Cha.

TexaninVA
08-17-2013, 09:34 PM
You are spot on in my opinion. We really need to have the guts to end our dependency on oil. I'm all for the price of gas going so sky high so that public pressure will be brought on the politicians to do something about this dependency. It seems so odd that whenever this starts to happen, miraculously the price comes back down.

The oil thing is interesting and of course related to the mess in the Middle East.

Politicians of both parties have failed since the 70s to fix it ... Monkei is correct in this instance.

Green is good (and I plan to put solar pv panels on my roof) but, per Newtonian physics, solar/wind/bio etc will never have the sheer BTUs of energy needed to power a modern economy.

Whether we like it or not, our economic prosperity is built upon energy ... and for the foreseeable future that will be fossil fuel based. Thus, to get us out of the Middle East, I say unleash the energy business domestically. In addition, that will create tons of jobs for the working man.

Everyone wins ... would be nice to see that instead of fighting over a diminishing pie.

Polar Bear
08-17-2013, 09:39 PM
...We really need to have the guts to end our dependency on oil. I'm all for the price of gas going so sky high so that public pressure will be brought on the politicians to do something about this dependency. It seems so odd that whenever this starts to happen, miraculously the price comes back down.

I'm all for ending our dependency on foreign oil, but only if we access our own oil while we slowly bring other resources along. To suddenly pull the plug on carbon fuels would do nothing but throw our economy into a tailspin of massive proportions. We have the oil, coal, etc within our own country. And we can access and use it safely. We need to do so while we continue to develop all the other viable technologies.

CFrance
08-17-2013, 09:46 PM
The oil thing is interesting and of course related to the mess in the Middle East.

Politicians of both parties have failed since the 70s to fix it ... Monkei is correct in this instance.

Green is good (and I plan to put solar pv panels on my roof) but, per Newtonian physics, solar/wind/bio etc will never have the sheer BTUs of energy needed to power a modern economy.

Whether we like it or not, our economic prosperity is built upon energy ... and for the foreseeable future that will be fossil fuel based. Thus, to get us out of the Middle East, I say unleash the energy business domestically. In addition, that will create tons of jobs for the working man.

Everyone wins ... would be nice to see that instead of fighting over a diminishing pie.

Okay, I agree with unleashing the energy business domestically.

From what I understand, we aren't all that dependent anymore on the Middle East for our oil. But since it is a finite commodity, we should be developing alternative energy sources as much as possible, and we aren't. Some of the technology is there, but it's being held up by... who? I think the oil industry, the same way General Motor company sabotaged the commuter rail system development in 45 cities back in the '40s.

I wish the lobbying system would be abolished so the country could maybe be run by its citizens and politicians who aren't afraid for their political futures..

CFrance
08-17-2013, 09:54 PM
I'm all for ending our dependency on foreign oil, but only if we access our own oil while we slowly bring other resources along. To suddenly pull the plug on carbon fuels would do nothing but throw our economy into a tailspin of massive proportions. We have the oil, coal, etc within our own country. And we can access and use it safely. We need to do so while we continue to develop all the other viable technologies.

Agree.

graciegirl
08-18-2013, 02:30 AM
There are some mighty fine minds and some really fair and clear headed people on this forum.

Every day I rethink many things.

Thank you friends.

Golfingnut
08-18-2013, 03:41 AM

Or...

1. When in doubt, always blame someone else.

2. Oil companies donate most of their profits to charity.

I would ask that we all understand the whole situation before we assume guilt.

Bucco
08-18-2013, 06:31 AM
Does anyone really believe deep in their heart that if this country totally lost its dependence on oil, that the violence would cease, that the fear indicated in the original thought of this thread would go away, that the hate of this country would stop, that terrorism would ease ?

REALLY ?

You blame oil companies...you blame our energy policies ?

REALLY ?

billethkid
08-18-2013, 09:12 AM
I have come to the conclusion that many posts are bait based merely to pull somebodies/anybodies string!!!
In addition many are contrarian just on principle....agree with no one and always promote an opposite where possible....similar to baiting.

Opinions and beliefs are one matter. And we can/should all be able to tolerate another's position....I did not say like or support it.

Much of the above is why the political forum does not exist today.

Many of our world's situations defy logic.

Like remaining dependent on foreign oil when we have the resources domestically.

Not actively, aggressively pursuing energy independence. The jobs impact would be stagerring.

Continuous monetary support for governments that dislike the USA and it's people.

The USA cannot buy it's way or talk it's way into being popular or respected. Most froeign countries respect action and results....not just a wave of the check book.

And so on. Far too many of the positions taken in world events unfortunately require the USA to do for others what it is not doing for it's own people. It is called politics. That which is not dependent on any one issue like oil for example.

Many like to state we are not dependent on foreign oil. If this were true then why does the price of oil spike for the least threatening interruption of that foreign supply?

Does anyone except me wonder why the terrorist who are bent on our destruction do not attack the oil supply lines from the mideast? Hint: Muslim impact!!

I do enjoy a good discussion and even a little jousting on the many subjects of world affairs. However it is time to go to something lighterand not so stuck in a rut!

btk

Monkei
08-18-2013, 09:53 AM

What do you mean OUR oil? It is and always has been the oil companies oil. They can sell it to whom ever they like. Unless congress tells them to sell only to the US it won't happen. However, the same people who call for drill baby drill in our country would never back such a socialistic government take over of big oil.

Monkei
08-18-2013, 09:57 AM

I don't blame America first, however I am not so blind as some to think the USA s never at fault.

You can make your own decisions regarding their actions and their lobby in Washington.

Bucco
08-18-2013, 10:10 AM
I don't blame America first, however I am not so blind as some to think the USA s never at fault.

You can make your own decisions regarding their actions and their lobby in Washington.

THIS was the original post in this thread...

" I noticed this article about a planned "Million Muslim March" in Washington scheduled for 11 September.

'Million Muslim March' Scheduled for Sept. 11 Reorients to Seek 9/11 'Truth' - Washington Whispers (usnews.com)

__________________________________________________ __________

This is part of the link supplied.......

""We want to hold President Obama accountable for his empty promises of creating a transparent government," march organizer Isa Hodge told U.S. News. "What exactly have we spent all our money, lost lives and taken lives for? The entire record of the 9/11 Commission has never been released."

Protesters will also denounce "FBI traps," "illegal tapping and surveilling of Muslim Americans" and "media propaganda making the word terrorist synonymous with Muslim," he said."

This thread has been turned into a discussion of how our country is screwing up in the middle east, and our energy policies.

If you folks think that our energy policy is behind terrorism and the muslim aggressive approach then you are extemely naive.

Posters seem to be pre programmed to defend this march, date included as something so worthwhile.....saying they have a point, etc.

Sorry, from my perspective and speaking to the actual subject of this thread, a march with a VERY VERY POLITICAL agenda for the most part on a day that killed so many people OF ALL RELIGIONS. To march on that day saying that muslims are being singled out....sorry, I find it repulsive.

Do we make mistakes...sure.....but do not twist the context of this thread to fit some need to be contrary which seems to be the case.

Polar Bear
08-18-2013, 11:30 AM
What do you mean OUR oil? It is and always has been the oil companies oil. They can sell it to whom ever they like. Unless congress tells them to sell only to the US it won't happen. However, the same people who call for drill baby drill in our country would never back such a socialistic government take over of big oil.

I have no desire to have the government take over the oil industry. But if the oil companies (and other energy companies...coal, et. Al.) are allowed to go after the resources within our own borders, I have no doubt the US will end up with more...and cheaper...energy.

Monkei
08-18-2013, 01:03 PM
THIS was the original post in this thread...

" I noticed this article about a planned "Million Muslim March" in Washington scheduled for 11 September.

'Million Muslim March' Scheduled for Sept. 11 Reorients to Seek 9/11 'Truth' - Washington Whispers (usnews.com)

__________________________________________________ __________

This is part of the link supplied.......

Protesters will also denounce "FBI traps," "illegal tapping and surveilling of Muslim Americans" and "media propaganda making the word terrorist synonymous with Muslim," he said."

This thread has been turned into a discussion of how our country is screwing up in the middle east, and our energy policies.

If you folks think that our energy policy is behind terrorism and the muslim aggressive approach then you are extemely naive.

Posters seem to be pre programmed to defend this march, date included as something so worthwhile.....saying they have a point, etc.

Sorry, from my perspective and speaking to the actual subject of this thread, a march with a VERY VERY POLITICAL agenda for the most part on a day that killed so many people OF ALL RELIGIONS. To march on that day saying that muslims are being singled out....sorry, I find it repulsive.

Do we make mistakes...sure.....but do not twist the context of this thread to fit some need to be contrary which seems to be the case.

I think it is safe to say that the Middle East is all about oil. We would Not even be there if it was not.

Bucco
08-18-2013, 01:41 PM
I think it is safe to say that the Middle East is all about oil. We would Not even be there if it was not.

I respectfully disagree with you.

None of the many wars going on there are in the least related to oil.

I suggest that in today's world with the proliferation of nuclear weapons, we will be wherever they are to protect our interests.

I suggest that if threats such as we continually get came from any other region, we will be there.

I do not disagree that oil is an issue, but you are using it in your argument to prove USA malfeasance in energy and world politics.

The world is now a "small" place....technology is scary. As we have read,this hate we face is not new, not related to oil, but is now easier than ever to manifest and there is no worry of those you want to kill. It does not require a large army any longer.

Israel is another large component irregardless of oil.

Furthermore, the planners spelled out their issues, and they were pretty much, as I see them, unrelated to oil. I think their statements about our country INTERNALLY were clear

You seem to ignore the entire thrust of the post...the march, the date, the issues raised. I

graciegirl
08-19-2013, 07:04 AM
When I read threads like this, I read the content, but I also read the presenters.

Time and time and time again, they never disappoint. They ARE who they ARE.

With age comes wisdom and more conservative thinking but for some posters, I always read anger and very little in the way of logical arguments.

I hope to measure up to the standards of the sage posters some day. I learn so much from this forum, not only from people with whom I most always agree but from those with whom I most always don't agree.

buggyone
08-19-2013, 07:56 AM
Has anyone checked to see if a permit has been granted by the National Park Service for this march to take place?

I have no idea but it is possible that a permit has been issued and that someone in National Park Service "overlooked" the date. Odd things do happen like that when important dates are requested. One that comes to my mind is the August 28 March on Washington in 1963 when Martin Luther King stood on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial for his I Have A Dream speech. This was sullied last year when Glenn Beck chose that day and place for his rhetorical slur filled speech. The National Park Service should not have let that happen.

I just called the National Park Service in Washington and they did not know of any permit that has been issued. Of course, I would not rely on those 3 calls regarding this issue as gospel truth but it is a start.

Bucco
08-19-2013, 09:05 AM
Has anyone checked to see if a permit has been granted by the National Park Service for this march to take place?

I have no idea but it is possible that a permit has been issued and that someone in National Park Service "overlooked" the date. Odd things do happen like that when important dates are requested. One that comes to my mind is the August 28 March on Washington in 1963 when Martin Luther King stood on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial for his I Have A Dream speech. This was sullied last year when Glenn Beck chose that day and place for his rhetorical slur filled speech. The National Park Service should not have let that happen.

I just called the National Park Service in Washington and they did not know of any permit that has been issued. Of course, I would not rely on those 3 calls regarding this issue as gospel truth but it is a start.

Good info. I have done a bit of research on this, and instead of risking political comment would suggest anyone interested simply google the name

Md Rabbi Alam

He appears to be the moving force, but again be warned, this appears to have political motivation.

For me, the good news is that the march does not appear to be getting a lot of traction...attention, but not traction. Of course the organizers claim the opposite and it remains to be seen how many show up, permit status, etc.

chachacha
08-19-2013, 09:17 AM
i respectfully disagree with buggyone's representation of glenn beck's rally in washington...millions of americans came out to be inspired to work for our country's constitution and liberty, and left the place cleaner than when they got there...a huge group of pastors, the black robes, vowed to speak from the pulpit, which is their right, to bring important issues up to their congregations. informed voters with similar values can bring this country back to where it belongs. there is strength in numbers. it reminds me of poland's rebirth after Pope John Paul II visited there in 1979, the impetus for the solidarity movement.

billethkid
08-19-2013, 10:27 AM
i respectfully disagree with buggyone's representation of glenn beck's rally in washington...millions of americans came out to be inspired to work for our country's constitution and liberty, and left the place cleaner than when they got there...a huge group of pastors, the black robes, vowed to speak from the pulpit, which is their right, to bring important issues up to their congregations. informed voters with similar values can bring this country back to where it belongs. there is strength in numbers. it reminds me of poland's rebirth after Pope John Paul II visited there in 1979, the impetus for the solidarity movement.

I agree totally. Our generation and maybe some of our children have a basis for an effort to put the country back where it belongs. The rest and the younger generations and those subsisting on entitlement programs do not. As a result, far too many do not care as they may have a view that things are just fine like they are....

"I don't have to work and I still get paid, plus all the goodies (food stamps/subsidies/allowances/etc) I get to feed me and my family....what's the problem?"

I fear the majority has been too silent for too long and the hill to climb back to where we should be is more steep than many want to deal with. Add to that the number who will not join such a movement due to a perception problem.

As unfortunate as it may sound, there will most likely have to be a major disruption of some kind that will unite and inspire us once again to put this country back on a path that is for the benefit of we the people....not just a playpen for politicians, their supporters and special interest groups.

btk

Monkei
08-19-2013, 11:13 AM
You want to get this country back to where it once was then let's attack a real problem and stop blaming entitlements. Figure out a way to stop the ongoing transfer of wealth from the middle class upward. Without a strong middle class this country will never be what you or I want it to be again regardless of the entitlements issue.

It's just to easy to blame those who receive entitlements as the problem.

We can start with real tax reform and stop giving big business all the breaks. They are the real entitlement thieves.

Golfingnut
08-19-2013, 11:42 AM
I would approve of a million Muslim march before any amount with Glenn Beck. I do not wish to offend any beck supporters, but as a retired military man with great love for this country, I find him more dangerous to our country than an attempt to change our view of the Muslims intent for their future in America.

Bucco
08-19-2013, 11:48 AM
I would approve of a million Muslim march before any amount with Glenn Beck. I do not wish to offend any beck supporters, but as a retired military man with great love for this country, I find him more dangerous to our country than an attempt to change our view of the Muslims intent for their future in America.

On the assumption you have read about the guy who runs this group and the group itself, you really said a mouthful !!!

Bucco
08-19-2013, 11:50 AM
You want to get this country back to where it once was then let's attack a real problem and stop blaming entitlements. Figure out a way to stop the ongoing transfer of wealth from the middle class upward. Without a strong middle class this country will never be what you or I want it to be again regardless of the entitlements issue.

We can start with real tax reform and stop giving big business all the breaks. They are the real entitlement thieves.

This thread is STILL NOT WHAT YOU ARE TRYING TO MAKE IT.......however, having said that again and again, there have been MANY tax reforms floated in Washington. I suggest you read them and why they die to be a bit better informed. It is not what you think.

But again, this is a thread about the Musliim March, not all your posts which keep going off subject.

Golfingnut
08-19-2013, 11:56 AM
On the assumption you have read about the guy who runs this group and the group itself, you really said a mouthful !!!

I have not read nor know anything about him. My point is that it will take more than a march of a million Muslims to convert Christians or even to gain Christian support for their future in this great nation.

Now Beck on the other hand is very methodical in his attempt to divide our country into civil unrest. I fear what he is attempting to do much more than a Muslim flexing his position.

Bucco
08-19-2013, 12:00 PM
I have not read nor know anything about him. My point is that it will take more than a march of a million Muslims to convert Christians or even to gain Christian support for their future in this great nation.

Now Beck on the other hand is very methodical in his attempt to divide our country into civil unrest. I fear what he is attempting to do much more than a Muslim flexing his position.

I have mentioned this in at least TWO posts on this thread. The agenda is POLITICAL by their own admission....the Muslim thing...well, read about them...this is a hate group with pollitical ambition before you start making such statments. Read the agenda....read about the guy who runs it..PLEASE before posting.

Golfingnut
08-19-2013, 12:10 PM
I have mentioned this in at least TWO posts on this thread. The agenda is POLITICAL by their own admission....the Muslim thing...well, read about them...this is a hate group with pollitical ambition before you start making such statments. Read the agenda....read about the guy who runs it..PLEASE before posting.

Please Bucco understand, I have no doubt that this group is a hate group, I am trying to get across that so is Glenn and he is more dangerous because he professes to be a Christian. It is easy to ignore a Muslim hate mongrel, but many will believe hate speech from a fellow American.

Bucco
08-19-2013, 12:18 PM
Please Bucco understand, I have no doubt that this group is a hate group, I am trying to get across that so is Glenn and he is more dangerous because he professes to be a Christian. It is easy to ignore a Muslim hate mongrel, but many will believe hate speech from a fellow American.

This thread was not begun to bash Glen Beck or anyone else. Why dont you limit your comments to the thread and if you wish to bash someone, start a new thread 1

If you are not afraid of hate groups....fine ! If you agree that Jews were behind the 9/11 incident fine...but you cant hijack somebodys threat to vent over a political figure you dont like

Indydealmaker
08-19-2013, 12:25 PM

Just what do you think wealthy people do with their money? Hide it under the bed?

They invest which creates jobs. They spend which creates jobs.

The creep of wealth up instead of staying in the middle class is due to a generational deficiency in personal productivity. Fewer and fewer people are willing to do what it takes to make it in life. More and more feel that they ought to reach a status quo where they always have what they need without realizing that maintaining a net asset status quo actually requires an every increasing amount of work.

graciegirl
08-19-2013, 12:31 PM
Just what do you think wealthy people do with their money? Hide it under the bed?

The creep of wealth up instead of staying in the middle class is due to a generational deficiency in personal productivity. Fewer and fewer people are willing to do what it takes to make it in life. More and more feel that they ought to reach a status quo where they always have what they need without realizing that maintaining a net asset status quo actually requires an every increasing amount of work.

If you want to be rich and pay more taxes, just get up early and work very very hard and work past the age of 65 and then everyone will say how lucky you are not to worry about money and look down on you.

Golfingnut
08-19-2013, 12:31 PM
This thread was not begun to bash Glen Beck or anyone else. Why dont you limit your comments to the thread and if you wish to bash someone, start a new thread 1

If you are not afraid of hate groups....fine ! If you agree that Jews were behind the 9/11 incident fine...but you cant hijack somebodys threat to vent over a political figure you dont like

I am sorry if you feel I have hijacked this thread, I will go back and read the entire thing carefully. I only commented on four previous posts that included bech as a comparison to other hate groups.

I also think you are very wrong about the Jews being the cause of 911. I feel they had nothing to do with it. I think it was a Muslim inspired group similar to the group that is planning the million Muslim march and I am very afraid of them, but not as much as I am afraid of Glenn Beck.

perrjojo
08-19-2013, 12:39 PM

Thank you very much.
:bigbow:

Indydealmaker
08-19-2013, 12:42 PM
If you want to be rich and pay more taxes, just get up early and work very very hard and work past the age of 65 and then everyone will say how lucky you are not to worry about money and look down on you.

I am going to be working 6 weeks after they put me 6 feet under!

Golfingnut
08-19-2013, 12:46 PM

I agree and the ones that take advantage of the programs meant for the ones in need should not be tolerated. Our dear leaders need to tighten the belt enough to squeeze out the lazy and undeserving.

Bucco
08-19-2013, 12:51 PM
I am sorry if you feel I have hijacked this thread, I will go back and read the entire thing carefully. I only commented on four previous posts that included bech as a comparison to other hate groups.

I also think you are very wrong about the Jews being the cause of 911. I feel they had nothing to do with it. I think it was a Muslim inspired group similar to the group that is planning the million Muslim march and I am very afraid of them, but not as much as I am afraid of Glenn Beck.

You really have not been reading.

I NEVER EVER SAID OR IMPLIED ANYTHING THAT YOU ATTRIBUTE TO ME AND I REALLY RESENT THAT YOU SAID THAT.

You have been so intent on bashing, you have failed to recognize what is going on here and you have said that the hate you have attributed to me is better than Glen Beck for some reason

I implore you to please understand what you are saying before you say it.

This forum has such opportunities to learn what is really going on in this world, but you have to READ.....READ

Golfingnut
08-19-2013, 12:56 PM
You really have not been reading.

I NEVER EVER SAID OR IMPLIED ANYTHING THAT YOU ATTRIBUTE TO ME AND I REALLY RESENT THAT YOU SAID THAT.

You have been so intent on bashing, you have failed to recognize what is going on here and you have said that the hate you have attributed to me is better than Glen Beck for some reason

I implore you to please understand what you are saying before you say it.

This forum has such opportunities to learn what is really going on in this world, but you have to READ.....READ

Sorry, I will bock your posts so we can eliminate your misunderstanding of my posts. Now, when you read any of my posts, LIKE those in this thread I was not talking to you. Again sorry for the misunderstanding. I will go to user cp right now and block you. Please do the same for me.

Block completed.

08-19-2013, 02:19 PM
Please try to stay on topic of the Muslim March and avoid interpersonal disputes, side tracks, and encroaching into partisan political territory.

If this trend continues, the thread will have to be closed.

Monkei
08-19-2013, 06:39 PM

Sorry can't respond it would be too political.

buggyone
08-19-2013, 06:54 PM
"Has anyone checked to see if a permit has been granted by the National Park Service for this march to take place?

I just called the National Park Service in Washington and they did not know of any permit that has been issued. Of course, I would not rely on those 3 calls regarding this issue as gospel truth but it is a start."

I am reposting my post and taking out the part that took everyone off the topic of this thread. However, before taking the Muslim March as something that IS going to happen, it would be prudent to find out for sure IF it is going to happen for sure. As I said, my 3 calls to the permit department of the National Park Service did not bring forth any knowledge on their part - but who knows? Do some checking on your own and then post what you found. Remember, if it is on the Internet, it has to be true (?) Uhh, bonjour!

Bucco
08-19-2013, 07:21 PM
"Has anyone checked to see if a permit has been granted by the National Park Service for this march to take place?

I just called the National Park Service in Washington and they did not know of any permit that has been issued. Of course, I would not rely on those 3 calls regarding this issue as gospel truth but it is a start."

I am reposting my post and taking out the part that took everyone off the topic of this thread. However, before taking the Muslim March as something that IS going to happen, it would be prudent to find out for sure IF it is going to happen for sure. As I said, my 3 calls to the permit department of the National Park Service did not bring forth any knowledge on their part - but who knows? Do some checking on your own and then post what you found. Remember, if it is on the Internet, it has to be true (?) Uhh, bonjour!

I spoke to this in post 82 in response to your first comment. An application was filed, the name the got changed and it is not getting much traction.

Seems the reason is the agenda they have which I posted and if you google the name I supplied, you will find out why this group, in my opinion, has no shot. It is a political motivation causing chaos.

buggyone
08-19-2013, 07:58 PM
I spoke to this in post 82 in response to your first comment. An application was filed, the name the got changed and it is not getting much traction.

Seems the reason is the agenda they have which I posted and if you google the name I supplied, you will find out why this group, in my opinion, has no shot. It is a political motivation causing chaos.

I hope you are right, Bucco. It is a really bad idea to have such an event anytime and especially on such a day as Sept. 11.

Bucco
08-19-2013, 08:13 PM
I hope you are right, Bucco. It is a really bad idea to have such an event anytime and especially on such a day as Sept. 11.

"An Islamic group's plan for a 'Million Muslim March' on the anniversary of the 9/11 attacks on the United States has sparked outrage among many who call the timing 'insensitive.'
The American Muslim Political Action Committee says it wants to use the 12th anniversary of the terrorist attacks on New York and Washington to march on the National Mall and protest against what the group says is discrimination against Muslims by Americans and the U.S. government.
However, the group's plan might be a little too ambitious. AMPAC, based in Kansas City, Missouri, has just 57 supporters signed up for the September 11 event on Facebook."

Fury over 'Million Muslim March' scheduled for 9/11 - even Islamic group planning it has only 57 supporters | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2396500/Fury-Million-Muslim-March-scheduled-9-11--Islamic-group-planning-57-supporters.html)

Monkei
08-19-2013, 08:47 PM
"An Islamic group's plan for a 'Million Muslim March' on the anniversary of the 9/11 attacks on the United States has sparked outrage among many who call the timing 'insensitive.'
The American Muslim Political Action Committee says it wants to use the 12th anniversary of the terrorist attacks on New York and Washington to march on the National Mall and protest against what the group says is discrimination against Muslims by Americans and the U.S. government.
However, the group's plan might be a little too ambitious. AMPAC, based in Kansas City, Missouri, has just 57 supporters signed up for the September 11 event on Facebook."

Fury over 'Million Muslim March' scheduled for 9/11 - even Islamic group planning it has only 57 supporters | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2396500/Fury-Million-Muslim-March-scheduled-9-11--Islamic-group-planning-57-supporters.html)

Wow 11 people ... Hardly room for concern and all these posts about something that would probably have gone unnoticed. Moving along ...

Bucco
08-20-2013, 06:23 AM
Wow 11 people ... Hardly room for concern and all these posts about something that would probably have gone unnoticed. Moving along ...

On behalf of all those who sincerely posted here AND STAYED ON SUBJECT, I disagree. People had concerns and if you had read anything about it, it was nationwide. If you had read about the issue being discussed, you would have understood the group behind it and the reason for concern.

I did not count the posts that were not even close to the subject, but there were many.

Thanks to TEXINVA for starting the thread and to those who sincerely discussed the Muslim presence in this country.

mulligan
08-20-2013, 01:53 PM
The one thing that still nags is the part in the muslim's operating manual that says all non-believers must be killed. That's me, and I've got a problem with that.

graciegirl
08-20-2013, 03:19 PM

I agree.

IADCathy
08-20-2013, 04:20 PM
Until I see or hear a Jihad by the Muslim Religion/leaders AGAINST the likes of Mohammed Atta (murderer who drove the UA 767 into the WTC) and all future so-called martyrs I hold them accountable. I do not feel as dispassionately about this march as other posters seem to feel. I think it is an outrage that they would even dare to march on September 11th!

Bucco
08-20-2013, 04:28 PM
Until I see or hear a Jihad by the Muslim Religion/leaders AGAINST the likes of Mohammed Atta (murderer who drove the UA 767 into the WTC) and all future so-called martyrs I hold them accountable. I do not feel as dispassionately about this march as other posters seem to feel. I think it is an outrage that they would even dare to march on September 11th!

Some folks have a problem with pointing out things like this, could be political stand, or lack of any knowledge at all about current events.

Monkei
08-20-2013, 06:46 PM
The one thing that still nags is the part in the muslim's operating manual that says all non-believers must be killed. That's me, and I've got a problem with that.

It does not say that.

Monkei
08-20-2013, 06:49 PM

His group had a march but apparently they cleaned up after themselves so hey we're ok.

graciegirl
08-20-2013, 07:11 PM
It does not say that.

Granddaughter studied world religions in a state college (not a religious one) because she was interested in that part of history. She is young and liberal but she knows that the Quran does say just that. Actually infidels need be converted or killed.

But on the plus side, not all people practice their faith to the letter no matter what faith that is. It is frightening to me that as a person is a more intense and involved follower of Islam he becomes a bigger danger.

I too wish that more "official" Muslims would be more vocal in their abhorance of actions like the Boston Bombings. I see them interviewed but they make general statements that kind of miss the mark for me.

I try to be a person who keeps an open mind and I do believe that very few Muslims are radical, but I also think the radical ones are here...waiting to act.

Bucco
08-20-2013, 07:23 PM
Since NOBODY, NOT ONE POSTER has actually done anything but criticize RADICAL Islam. NEVER been a bad word said about the normal Islamic person that may be a neighbor, a golf partner or such, and it has been made very very clear that the conversation is about RADICAL Muslims, my question for these, obvious uninformed posters, WHY DO YOU CONTINUE TO SUPPORT AND DEFEND RADICAL MUSLIMS ?

A fair question, assuming these folks are actually READING the posts, the news, the backgrounds of the radical hate groups at play here, that they find it necessary to defend these radicals.

In the interest of fairness, let us hear. You have made this support abundantly clear and obviously are in the camp of Md Rabbi Alam and his followers.

You ignored the post on the killing in the Mideast by those groups you support, and change the subject to some weakness in the USA.

Please allow us how you arrived at your support for this group ?

Monkei
08-20-2013, 10:16 PM
Granddaughter studied world religions in a state college (not a religious one) because she was interested in that part of history. She is young and liberal but she knows that the Quran does say just that. Actually infidels need be converted or killed.

But on the plus side, not all people practice their faith to the letter no matter what faith that is. It is frightening to me that as a person is a more intense and involved follower of Islam he becomes a bigger danger.

I too wish that more "official" Muslims would be more vocal in their abhorance of actions like the Boston Bombings. I see them interviewed but they make general statements that kind of miss the mark for me.

I try to be a person who keeps an open mind and I do believe that very few Muslims are radical, but I also think the radical ones are here...waiting to act.

They are instructed by the Quran to attack this infidels who would do bodily harm against other Muslims. They do not have carte Blanche to go out and kill all Christians just because they disagree ... I think we already covered that.

graciegirl
08-21-2013, 06:14 AM
They are instructed by the Quran to attack this infidels who would do bodily harm against other Muslims. They do not have carte Blanche to go out and kill all Christians just because they disagree ... I think we already covered that.

I defer to your scholarship.

Little G and I talked about this issue just three days ago. She wasn't a history major and took this course for her pure interest in the diversity of the world. She was on the Deans list for four years and is employed in her field of journalism as an executive producer of news at a major network affiliate in a moderate sized city. She is heading more toward moderate thinking every day. Maybe because of spending six months monitoring police calls at the TV station before being promoted..

I hope she never loses her altruism and open mind or her hard work ethic. She has great parents.

Back to the point, when young Muslim men become more intensely interested in their faith, I hold my breath. Testosterone and idealism and youth and some bad teachings cause innocent people who did not harm anyone to be blown up, killed and maimed.

I do not think the brothers whose name I cannot spell were deranged or mentally ill like the sick young man who killed the children in Connecticut, or the mentally sick young man who shot people in the movie, nor political extremists like the Oklahoma bomber. I think they were religious extremists and that is very worrying.

We Americans usually associate religion with good and kind things.

I may be wrong in my summary so far but I keep an open mind and I have learned much from my fellow seniors on this forum and am not set in my way of thinking.

But at this point I think there is real danger from Muslim extremists who live among us.

What further galls me is the whole family of the brothers were living off public assistance. Went to the gym, one had a wife in a burka who worked and he didn't, a mom who took a course in cosmetics paid for by the government, both men had gone to college on The American dime...it just doesn't seem right on any level.

P.S. We paid for little G's tuition. Neither of us had the money for college when we were young.

Bucco
08-21-2013, 06:39 AM

Little G and I talked about this issue just three days ago. She wasn't a history major and took this course for her pure interest in the diversity of the world. She was on the Deans list for four years and is employed in her field of journalism as an executive producer of news at a major network affiliate in a moderate sized city. She is heading more toward moderate thinking every day. Maybe because of spending six months monitoring police calls at the TV station before being promoted..

I hope she never loses her altruism and open mind or her hard work ethic. She has great parents.

Back to the point, when young Muslim men become more intensely interested in their faith, I hold my breath. Testosterone and idealism and youth and some bad teachings cause innocent people who did not harm anyone to be blown up, killed and maimed.

I do not think the brothers whose name I cannot spell were deranged or mentally ill like the sick young man who killed the children in Connecticut, or the mentally sick young man who shot people in the movie, nor political extremists like the Oklahoma bomber. I think they were religious extremists and that is very worrying.

I may be wrong in my summary so far but I keep an open mind and I have learned much from my fellow seniors on this forum and am not set in my way of thinking.

But at this point I think there is real danger from Muslim extremists who live among us.

What further galls me is the whole family of the brothers were living off public assistance. Went to the gym, one had a wife in a burka who worked and he didn't, a mom who took a course in cosmetics paid for by the government, both men had gone to college on The American dime...it just doesn't seem right on any level.

P.S. We paid for little G's tuition. Neither of us had the money for college when we were young.

Good post, and once again since this thread and discussion was all about EXTREMISTS AND RADICALS, and since the reason for the march has been posted, and the bio of the leaders now known.....WHY SOUNDS OF THOSE WHO DEFEND.

Just post why the defense of radicals and extremists which you clearly have been doing ?

Good post Grace....just hard to figure who would defend these people like is being done here.

gomoho
08-21-2013, 07:12 AM
Cause some people just like to be ornery not matter what the cause.

Golfingnut
08-21-2013, 07:12 AM

The key is extremists... We have extremists that hate any non-Christian religion, any minority etc. and they seem to hold many other strange beliefs. So, I Agree that we must be cautious around Muslim extremists, but I add that if a person or group is obsessive about most any issue without room for understanding and compromise, be cautious of them as well. compromising and finding common ground is normal behavior. My way or the highway is not heathy for anyone. I would never defend an extremist of any kind but would defend anyones right to the religion of their chose if they have moderate lifestyle and beliefs. Remember, the KKK are mostly Christians;however, it is the KKK connection that makes them evil and not the Christianity.

08-21-2013, 07:30 AM
This thread has veered far off the original point and is now closed.