PDA

View Full Version : Comcast Internet Improvement

REDCART
08-17-2013, 11:35 AM
Within the last few days we've received a notice from Comcast to call them and arrange to replace our Internet modem\router because they've improved their internet speed. Just curious if anyone else received a similar notice from Comcast, and if replacing the modem\router made any difference in their internet speed?

njbchbum
08-17-2013, 11:42 AM
happened to me when we returned to the villages this past 'season' - went to the summerfield location - waited and waited - swapped modems - saw great increased performance!

DDoug
08-17-2013, 06:58 PM
Just had comcast internet put in got a 30 down and 5 up great so far. And cheaper than Centurylink

Ohiogirl
08-17-2013, 07:10 PM
for just Comcast internet? We currently have DirecTV and Century Link internet and landline (on hiatius this summer).

TexaninVA
08-17-2013, 09:47 PM
Within the last few days we've received a notice from Comcast to call them and arrange to replace our Internet modem\router because they've improved their internet speed. Just curious if anyone else received a similar notice from Comcast, and if replacing the modem\router made any difference in their internet speed?

Did not get a notice as we just moved into our home. But, we chose Comcast Blast and it is fabulous ... 54Mbs download speed and $34/mo. This connection makes my former FiOS look slow. I'm very happy with it.

MikeV
08-18-2013, 12:40 AM
I own my own cable modem so I don't pay rent on Comcast's unit. I get 28Mb down and 6 Mb up. I am happy with that.

playgolf06
08-18-2013, 05:04 AM
My internet service stopped working several days ago and Comcast said I had to replace my modem, which I own. After replacing my modem/router my service was restored.

Monkei
08-18-2013, 10:07 AM
Wow, living up here in Fairfield Glade during the summer I and lucky to get 5 down and 2 up. They keep telling me they are improving our service but they have been telling me that for awhile. I can't wait to get back to the villages, again.

spk7951
08-18-2013, 10:14 AM
Earlier this year we were having problems with the phone and had Comcast come out. They said the modem was the problem and installed a new modem that also had wireless, which allowed us to get rid of our wireless modem. Just tested the speed and it shows 55 down and 7 up. The wireless in this modem works better than the netgear we had.

alanmcdonald
08-18-2013, 10:30 AM
We have not moved into our Villages home yet (closed last Tuesday) but where we live in Georgia we had to trade in our old Comcast modem for a new one a couple of years ago for higher speed. The older modem could not handle the new system capability.

asianthree
08-18-2013, 06:36 PM
my rates went way up just before my summer vaca hold for comcast