PDA

View Full Version : BURYING ST. JOSEPH?????

darbyduff
06-12-2007, 02:02 PM
I was just told by my nail lady (and we know they know EVERYTHING) that if you bury a stature of St Joseph (now don't laugh) "upside down" in your front yard, then you will sell your home in a couple of weeks.

Before you slide off your chairs laughing....Others told me the same thing.....

Has anyone out there heard that "tale"???

A friend said she heard the same thing from a Realtor and swears that it works!

As you can tell, I'm willing to try ANYTHING!

elcid
06-12-2007, 02:20 PM
I hate to be the bearer of bad news darbyduff, but we were told that as well, by more than one person, and being desperate to sell and relocate here in the Villages we finally relocated and are still waiting for the house to sell. That was over a year ago.

KiwanisofWildwood
06-12-2007, 02:36 PM
Actually I saw this reported on national news. Not that it works, but that there were people doing it. In fact, someone had a business selling little statuettes for burial.

Sorry, but I cannot imagine anyone believing such a thing!

villages07
06-12-2007, 05:01 PM
I heard about it and bought a small, inexpensive statuette off the internet and buried it according to instructions last August. Alas, St Joe is still staring at the "For Sale" sign so he hasn't worked any magic for me.

darbyduff
06-12-2007, 07:04 PM
Thanks.... at least I know (and others know) that I wasn't going nutty!!!

Maybe by just writing to the Talk of the Villages, it's going to bring me good luck. As I was reading the response's, my husband to me we have a showing on our house tomorrow!!!!!!

Wish me luck. :bigthumbsup:

And El Cid... I am very sorry your home hasn't sold. I wish we could afford to just buy down in the Villages even if our house doesn't sell, but ...................

designdiva46
06-13-2007, 01:24 PM
I tried burying the statue in NC before we moved here and our home sold in 2 weeks!!!

darbyduff
06-13-2007, 02:24 PM
WOW!

How long was it on the market before it sold? Ours has been on the market since the first of April! We live in Colorado and are trying to move to the Villages!! 8)

Mary Lou
06-26-2007, 02:01 PM
I think there is a little more involved in the "magic" than just burying the statue. The kit that I bought included a prayer that you were suppose to say every day. The house we were selling last summer sold in about 6 weeks. (Of course, perhaps it would have sold in 6 weeks without the statue, who knows?) But, I like to think it helped.

Mary Lou

darbyduff
06-29-2007, 08:25 AM
Thanks Mary Lou.... Why not??? ;D

I guess no matter when your house sells you can say it was because of the statue. I didn't know about the prayer though but I'm praying every day that the house sells, might as well through in another one while I'm at it! :bigthumbsup:

F16 1UB
07-01-2007, 08:48 PM
The first time I heard this was Christy Lee from the Bob & Tom radio show mentioning it a few years ago. Sorry folks but I'm not digging up my yard. I've done it twice in the past 2 years. My neighbor aerated his yard and while making the turn on my property he diced the underground electric fence wire. It's probably a good thing he's an animal lover. I talked to the man upstairs not once but twice about this. He said to read the commandment Stating "Thou shalt not kill" :verymad: AMEN !

Steve

HMarie
07-06-2007, 10:28 AM
Our house in Michigan was on the market for almost a year and then our realtor buried a St. Joesph and sold in two weeks. Of course that was also a different realtor from previous. Hey, it can't hurt to try!
Do a google (or any other engine) search on this and you will come up with tons of info, stories, etc.

Honeybee36
07-06-2007, 10:35 AM
Not being Catholic, I had heard this "trick" years ago. I did bury some kind of a statute in front of our house that is for sale, but not upside down. It has been a month and no bites on the house. A few lookers but no takers. We are praying hard to sell so we can move to the Villages.

darbyduff
07-16-2007, 12:39 PM
O.K. everyone..... I just returned from the Catholic book store! For $6.00 I thought "Why Not!!" The lady said that it works better if you have it "blessed" but not being Catholic I didn't know how to go about doing that.

There are so many of you who have your house on the market waiting for it to sell and trying to move to TV that I thought I 'd be the Guinea pig and if it works than you can all jump on board!!! If not then I will feel somewhat foolish ........... here goes.

darbyduff
07-16-2007, 01:00 PM
We put our house on the market the first of April! Good luck to you too. If this dosn't work then I'll bury the dog upside down!!!! ;D

lrkehoe
07-16-2007, 01:14 PM
Hi,
I've always thought burying a statue of a saint too superstitious, but I did make a novena (nine days of special prayers) asking for St. Joseph's intercession in selling our home. After ten months on the market, with two different realtors, it sold quickly after I finished the novena. I just shared it with a member of our parish whose home had been listed for months, and --- his home sold the week after finishing it.

It's available at:

http://www.ewtn.com/Devotionals/novena/joseph.htm#1

Rose

darbyduff
07-17-2007, 12:16 PM
Just read the instructions... I have to have it blessed first! I'm not Catholic so I have to find a church, get over my embarrassment, get a couple of dollars together (I hear it cost to have something blessed) and then bury it. Continuing saga...I'll let you know when it's in the ground!!

It would be easier to bury the dog!!!!! ;D

darbyduff
07-17-2007, 12:19 PM
Rose,

Can I still say the Novena if I'm not Catholic? Wouldn't that be sacreligious?

SteveZ
07-17-2007, 01:16 PM
Faith is an amazing quality, and it can move mountains where pragmatism locks one's heels into the ground.

My spouse and I "buried St. Joseph" three years ago when our house in Seminole County went three months without selling - and 48 hours later it was under agreement.

...SteveZ

darbyduff
07-17-2007, 05:07 PM
What your going to read next is the truth....you can't make something like this up!!! :o

I went to a funeral for a distant acquittance of my husband and I. I took "St Joseph" and asked my husband to stop at a Catholic church on the way home so I could have it blessed. We were talking to a couple we knew prior to the start of the funeral and I was tellling them about stopping off to have "St Joe" blessed. She said she was told by a member of her church that any member of the church could bless the stature with some holy water and with that, she reached into her purse and pulled out a small vial of ................yup, you guessed it........ holy water!!!! I asked her why she kept holy water in her purse and she said "Haven't you heard the stories of our house being haunted????" "When ever anything out of the ordinary happens, I take out the holy water"! With that, she took the stature, made the sign of the cross with the holy water and blessed my St Joseph right there at the funeral! (I told you, you can't make that up!)

Ok, here's my question to all you Catholic's out there......Will that work or should I still take it to the church to have it blessed by a real Priest? I'm serious!

lindaz
07-17-2007, 06:45 PM
Hi, I'm LindaZ -(wife of SteveZ from above).

I have total faith in St. Joseph giving you what is best.

nedisthatu
07-17-2007, 07:40 PM
when you buy the box that the small st. Joseph statue comes in ther are instructions how to burry him and if it should be the front or back of the house plus the daily prayer and when the house is sold or you are ready to move you dig him up and put him in a place of hornor in the home ( it really says that ) -- in Phoenix I had a hard time selling my home so I could come to the Villages so i brought St. Joseph did every thing accoprding to the instuctions an in a month my house was sold .. could have been the timing but when I went to dig him uip I could not find him and this is in a 6x6feet square of dirt ...... from friends in Phoenix that house has been sold now 3 more times ..... he still working ............ I did it again in the villages
when i upgraded but this time I found St Joseph and he is in the house ............

darbyduff
07-18-2007, 12:16 PM
What I really need to know now is...Is the blessing from a member of the Catholic church (with holy water) ok or do I have to have it blessed by a Priest. I called the Catholic church in our area and they said I could set up an appointment with the Priest but is that necessary......????? :dontknow:

nedisthatu
07-18-2007, 02:54 PM
i did not have my 2 status blessed by a priest --- and i do not remember the instructions that came in the kit saying it had to be--
also the kit was i believe from a relious order i could be wrong as i no longer have the box............also i believe most people who buy the small statue of St. joseph's do not have it blessed.........
hope you recieve more comments in regards to this .....

jim16g
07-18-2007, 04:42 PM
We buried St. Joe upside down in the back yard facing the house per the instructions. Our dog who is prone to digging, dug it up. Since we are moving to a place that doesn't allow dogs, we sold the dog AND HIS HOUSE in less than two weeks. So I guess it kind of worked but our house is still for sale.

nedisthatu
07-18-2007, 05:02 PM
well you had 2 houses for sale and you did sell one -- so it worked
hehhe :bigthumbsup:

darbyduff
07-18-2007, 07:35 PM
Jim, That is a HOOT! :joke:

OK guys, I have heard enough..I'm biting the bullet tomorrow.

At 9:00 A.M. Mountain States Time I will be burying St Joe. Thanks to all who have helped me on this rather silly journey. The only problem is... I was very serious!!! ::)

Those of you who are trying to do what my husband and I are trying to do.... move to the Villages... I will let you know how we're doing..... Or just keep your windows open where ever you live and you'll hear us YELL if the house sells!!!!!!! :clap2: :clap2:

golfnut
07-19-2007, 08:54 PM
I don't believe he needs to be blessed, put in him in the ground and let him do his thang!!

Beltlady
07-20-2007, 10:24 AM
Sorry you guys, but I say this in Christian Love. Remember the first commandment. Thou shalt have no other gods before me, says the Lord. All through the Old Testament, God's people were sinning by worshipping idols make of stone, wood, that could not speak, or hear. God delt harshly with them until they repented. I think doing something like that make God very unhappy if not angry and rightfully so. You might not think it is worship but God does. Why did he get so mad when they made the golden calf when Moses was up on the mountain getting the 10 commendments? Do you want to make God unhappy. He loves you and will give you an abundent life if you obey him. Pray to him about selling your house and he will in his Perfect Timeing. He did for us. Beltlady

darbyduff
07-26-2007, 06:31 PM
Oh Oshunlva, I am sooooooooo jealous! Great going! ;D ;D ;D

Ok... here goes the novenas :bigthumbsup:

jtdraig
07-27-2007, 09:05 AM
True Story_We listed our house in CT in August, 2005. Now, we had a beautiful home but it sat on a steep slope and to get to the third bedroom upstairs you had to walk through the second bedroom so it was going to take "the right person" to buy the house. Nothing much happened until my sister-in-law told us about St Joseph. So, figuring I had nothing to lose, I acquired a St Joseph statue in January, 2006. I felt totally stupid scraping away snow and ice and the burying him after chopping through several inches of dirt. Three weeks later, "bing bada boom"..the house sold at full price in what was getting to be a shaky market. We moved to the Villages but I left St Joseph in the ground. Long story short, a year later, the new owner listed the house in a tough "on it's way to terrible" market and "bing bada boom" the house sold almost immediately at a premium. Now, whether it was the beautiful kitchen with fireplace that we had or whether it was St Joseph is open to conjecture. Me (a lifelong Protestant) thinks it was more St Joseph than the kitchen...or, at least, a very nice blend of both. So, we are thankful and remain a bit in awe. We remember St Joseph in our prayers.

darbyduff
07-27-2007, 01:07 PM
Well, I'm a firm believer in all things that I don't understand! I too am a Christian and I was thinking that as much as God has to worry about these days all over the world, the last thing I want to do is burden him with the sale of our house.

Anyway, it's been 1.5 weeks since St Joseph went "under" and so far, not a showing. And we have the type of house that our Realtor told us when he listed it the first of April.."This house will go in less than a month"

But I still believe!!

I'm so glad for all of you that have sold your home and are living my husband and my dream of living in TV.

(Did you notice a bit of sarcasm there???? ha ha) No really, I am happy for all of you!!! Like my husband says.."It will happen when it happens" or wait, maybe that was Yogi B.!????

jtdraig
07-27-2007, 03:38 PM
One thing that we did before we put our house on the market was to tear out the kitchen and put in a beautiful, state of the art, and very charming kitchen. You had to see this to believe it. We had a Mass. Bay Colony Reproduction Cape circa 1640....but the kitchen had a fireplace that you could almost walk into. When we tore out the cabinets, I discovered a wooden ceiling that someone had covered with wallboard. Once we tore all that out and had the new cabinets installed, I redid the ceiling and painted it. We then tiled the floor after I ripped out all of the crappy white tile. We put in splashguard tiles; a new chandelier to match the colonial setting; and, painted the walls. The point of all this is we invested about $35K saving a bunch in sweat equity and got back roughly double that in the sale price of the house (per our realtor and appraiser) . I have absolutely NO doubt that St Joseph helped out but that's a long, long story. I hope things go well for you...my wife literally dragged me here and I am a converted Villager!!!!

darbyduff
07-29-2007, 09:42 PM
Your excuse and kitchen sound awesome! We too have put everything new into our house- Kitchen, spa, theater room with large screen tv, bathrooms, windows, outside waterfall ...... ah jeeze, I can go on and on. Point is, I know it will sell when it sells. I just wish it was soon! Joseph has been "under" 2.5 weeks now....... Hey, I'm just saying.....

darbyduff
08-02-2007, 10:51 PM
Irkenhoe,

I never thanked you for the website you gave me. I have put it in "My Favorites". Thanks again! ;D

darbyduff
08-03-2007, 01:33 PM
Curry,

That sounds well and good but we have a larger mortgage than most because we have only lived here for 9 years. That, plus our realtor's commission and we have only $5,000 to $6,000 wiggle room if we want a house in TV. We were going to use that amount if we were going to negotiate price with the prospective buyer.

Casual Carol
08-03-2007, 02:43 PM
Don't laugh! Our house was on the market for seven months. I suggested burying St. Joseph to my husband. We are both very good Catholics. My husband got mad at me, but we did it. Two weeks later five families looked at our house and we had two offers.
We are in the process of moving now. Don't forget to dig up St. Joseph and put him in a special place in your new home.

darbyduff
08-03-2007, 04:36 PM
Carol,

Like they say "out East"... From your lips to God's ears!!! It's been about 3 weeks now. No showings :(

lindaz
08-03-2007, 05:45 PM
Darbyduff,
Have you said the Novena to St. Joseph? It is the faith you have in him that helps him sell the house. I have read your posts on the "Animals is Public Places" discussion and we need you in TV. Please St. Joseph help sell Darbyduff's house.

gobarb26
08-03-2007, 09:53 PM
:agree:
Ok, I know this is weird...I am not christian, but I was told about St. Joseph. After searching, we finally purchased one at a Catholic church. My husband burried it in the front yard with the help of our kitty. (I actually have a picture of it.) Anyway, we said the prayers, (novenas) (that we got online), when we burried him. We sold our house in a little over a month. There was a house down the street that was on the market for over 6 months! We told our friends who lived on the other coast of FL and they did the same thing. The sold their house in 2 weeks through Craig's List! This was all over a year ago, just as the market was slowing down. I have no clue whether or not St. Joseph helped, but we have a spot for him. here in our beautiful home in The Villages!

darbyduff
08-05-2007, 12:57 PM
Ohhhh Linda, (eyes welling)... Thank you for your sentiments. Yes, I have St Joseph's Novena on my favorites list. I have said the first one every day (they have one for every day of the week but I really love the first one. (for the last 3 days) We did have our first showing in a month and a half, yesterday but there must not have been any interest since we have not heard from our realtor. I just finished saying the Novena before coming to this site. With you and everyone else's prayers, it will happen! When it happens I will let everyone know so I can meet all of you truly wonderful people (ok, there are a few exceptions lol) in TV!!!

lindaz
08-05-2007, 01:56 PM
darbyduff,
You have everyone on your side. You can't lose. Looking so forward to meeting you. :bigthumbsup:

Linda

darbyduff
08-05-2007, 02:14 PM
Linda,

Az2fla also has me in his prayers.... ;D ;D

Some people post their concerns about moving to TV. I haven't even met any of you yet and your rooting me on!!!! For all you out there who are not sure about TV.. How many other community's would this happen!! ??? :clap2:

I am saying a Novena for all of you out there who are trying to dance in the Squares. (Az2fla, and many others) Keep the faith and keep me posted! And a special thanks to you Linda! You can be sure we will meet one day my friend AND I'M BUYING!!!!! :beer2: Ha Ha!

darbyduff
08-05-2007, 04:24 PM
Oshunluva,

I remember your situation. I live vicariously through you my friend. I'm saying, praying and burying!

The only upside to my situation is my house hasn't been cleaner!! :bigthumbsup:

Oshunluva - keep us all posted on your exciting odyssey to the villages!

darbyduff
08-09-2007, 10:20 PM
Well, I am now a true believer!!! Placed St Joseph in the ground a little over 2 weeks ago, been saying the Novena that someone here told me about for a week AND just took a call from our Realtor. The buyers just accepted our counter offer and the house SOLD!!!!!!!!! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

HMarie
08-10-2007, 05:43 AM
:clap2: There ya go! Congrats!

lindaz
08-10-2007, 06:33 AM
Yeah, Darbyduff. Does that mean you will be coming to TV soon????

Thank you, St. Joseph.

darbyduff
08-10-2007, 10:59 PM
Not only will I thank St Joseph, but I'll probably start taking Catechism classes!!! :joke:

F16 1UB
08-25-2007, 04:21 PM
Okay we buried St Joseph today at our house then drove to our daughters house and buried one in her yard too. And that's the way it is. Aug 25th 2007. Good night David - Good night Chet. And good night TV. Next report may be sold.

Steve

jjdees
08-25-2007, 06:11 PM
St Joseph doesn't like N. Atlanta. I shouldn't say that. He's just waiting for the right moment. Go St. Joe!!!

Frank2
08-26-2007, 10:32 AM
It's been an amusing journey reading all the submissions about St. Joseph and the magical statue.

However, I feel that a good real estate agent, a clean, attractive home, well advertised and a reduced price should result in a sale, without the burial process.

al96m
08-26-2007, 11:48 AM
As practicing catholic's we were aware of the promise of St.Joseph,so come the time for us to sell our home on Cape Cod,we dug our little hole and performed the ritual,lo and behold,the home sold in a reasonable time frame,course the fact that the home was a four b'room and located on the ocean may have had something to do with it,plus our realtor was exceptional,now the other side of the coin,we did the same thing to another home in Naples,Fl.it's been 14 months and counting,so I guess St.Joseph must grant one wish per customer.......

blueeagle65
08-26-2007, 12:53 PM
Didn't work for us - it still took six months to sell our house in NC (back in 2004). Maybe we should have had a ceremony instead of just pitching him in a hole. ???

darbyduff
08-26-2007, 06:37 PM
I'm not sure if it was St Joe or the Novena's but I have been faithful to both (and remember you have to have it blessed). We had a contract on our house 3 weeks after doing both. (It had been on the market since April and nothing) Do I believe??? Yes, it could be a coincidence but remember what the buyer said to me after seeing our home for the first time......"The angels sent me to your home" WOOOOOOOOOOO..........

This coming Thursday is our closing....I still say the Novena every day (I'm afraid to stop) because it's not over until it's over. We'll see what happens!!!

F16 1UB
08-27-2007, 07:18 AM
BLESSED - :edit: Sorry, got carried away for a moment. Nobody mentioned blessed. I'll just have to trust the big guy on this one. Another 236 mile round trip isn't happening anytime soon unless the realtor says sign here.( Or maybe there's a bass tournament) Besides if I go there to dig up St. Joseph I'm being told that the EPA is now on my tail because of traces of lead found in the drinking water. Yes! St. Joseph was made in China. Woe is me. How did we ever survive to reach baby boomer years?

Steve

darbyduff
08-27-2007, 07:22 PM
Hey Steve,

Don't you remember we had our plastic $6.00 statue blessed at a funeral by a lady sitting next to me who just happened to have holy water in her purse???

When I sell the home on Thursday I will be digging up St Joe (That's what I've been told I'm suppose to do)

Maybe there's a deal to be had between you and me......I will rent St Joe by the day, week or month....Your choice!!!!

F16 1UB
08-27-2007, 08:08 PM
Hmmm,

I'll tell ya DD I might take you up on that rental. It's been 2 days and no action yet. Am I a little impatient? You bet. For what it's worth my wife just said that we'll get a call Wednesday from the realtor.

To be continued: Steve

darbyduff
08-27-2007, 08:17 PM
We will all wait with baited breath!!!!!

Wednesday heh???? Did she say which Wednesday????

SUNreporter
08-28-2007, 10:26 AM
I would love to talk to anyone who has buried St. Joseph (whether it worked or not) for a possible newspaper story in the Daily Sun. You can share your story via email (please include a contact number): Gary.Corsair@thevillagesmedia.com Looking forward to hearing from you.

F16 1UB
09-07-2007, 08:46 AM
Okay boys and girls, I had a talk with St. Joey yesterday after making the 236 mile trip again. It seems he's not generating any action so far. I mean c'mon, it's been since Aug 25th. I trimmed the shrubs, picked up sale flyers, and sprayed Round Up. Next thing is to check the expiration date on Realtor. They be a gettin close.

to be continued

Steve

F16 1UB
09-15-2007, 07:16 PM
It's been 84 days since the house went on the market. C'mon St Joseph. Lets get rockin.

Steve

darbyduff
09-17-2007, 06:49 PM
Ok Steve,

Let me walk you through this again!!

1. Have it blessed.

2. Upside down in front yard with face facing the home.

3. Say St Joseph prayer

Now, as additional insurance there is a St Joseph prayer site and I said the #1 prayer EVERY DAY for 2 weeks. Now, I know what your thinking...... ;D ;D BUT WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO LOSE (Except your home)

My husband thinks it's the biggest joke but ok, maybe our selling our home had NOTHING to do with St Joe, .............. but....................Maybe it did............wooooooooooooooooooooo!!! :bow: :bow:

nanci2539
09-18-2007, 10:06 AM
Does it still work if you're not catholic? Where would you have it blessed?

F16 1UB
09-18-2007, 11:54 AM
Ok Steve,

Let me walk you through this again!!

1. Have it blessed.

2. Upside down in front yard with face facing the home.

3. Say St Joseph prayer

Now, as additional insurance there is a St Joseph prayer site and I said the #1 prayer EVERY DAY for 2 weeks. Now, I know what your thinking...... ;D ;D BUT WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO LOSE (Except your home)

My husband thinks it's the biggest joke but ok, maybe our selling our home had NOTHING to do with St Joe, .............. but....................Maybe it did............wooooooooooooooooooooo!!! :bow: :bow:

I'm gonna do one better. The next time I go to the house I'm taking a bottle of wine, a loaf of bread, and I'll have to stop at the store to buy some fish (Cause I sure as hell can't catch any) and maybe St Joey can work me a miracle. Or is this the wrong guy? I slept during catechism class. Maybe the big guy upstairs will forgive me. Geesh!

Steve :verymad:

darbyduff
09-18-2007, 06:50 PM
Nancy -

Just take it to any Catholic church. You don't have to be Catholic. (Read to see where I had mine done)

You might give them a little something for the collection plate.

Nither my husband or I are Catholic.

bamafan
09-18-2007, 09:35 PM
Darby, Are you supposed to dig St Joe up and take him with you to your new home? I heard this somewhere before, problem was when we went to find ours we could not find him. Guess he was happy.

Breeze
09-20-2007, 05:17 PM
First..you need to bury ole St Joe upside down in the REAR LEFT corner of your property.. NOt the front.. I have sold 3 homes that way all sold within 3 weeks of the 'burial".... HONEST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kregski
09-20-2007, 09:45 PM
Im gonna bury St. Joes sister St. Josephine in my yard in Indiana and pray she brings me a suuuper deal in TV.. That works to dont it? Kregski

Honeybee36
10-02-2007, 07:54 PM
We buried St. Joseph, said the prayers and have not had a single showing since! I am discouraged.

opbob77
10-05-2007, 11:51 AM
IT WORKS!!! Our townhouse up north was on the market 5&1/2 months. There were NO showings the last month. We went up north for a week and on 9/8 we buried St. Joseph. It took 8 DAYS to receive an offer and sell the place.

dandt
10-05-2007, 06:12 PM
Dark ages are still around!

F16 1UB
10-06-2007, 08:29 PM
Dark ages here too dandt. Current contract expires 10/30 (120 days) Have another realtor in mine already. Have buried St Joseph, Mathew, Mark, Luke, John, 98 Ford Explorer, and a picture of my former boss. No luck yet.

Geesh !

Steve

darbyduff
10-07-2007, 09:04 AM
Hang in there Steve -

As ya'll know (See, I'm Southern already), 3 weeks after burying St. Joseph we had a contract on the house (and I was such a doubter!!!)

Now we're in TV and having a ball (after 1.5 weeks of cardboard diving)!! For all of you out there - Hang in there with Steve. When it's meant to be, it will be!!

(Sure, easy for me to say now!) :clap2:

bogart
10-21-2007, 04:15 PM
I actually saw Darbyduff's stature of St. Joseph last evening. He's just a little guy but very effective! Remember though, that Darbyduff followed detailed instructions:
1) Have St. Joe blessed (it doesn't have to be at a funeral though --see DD's post on July 17th)
2) Bury upside down in front yard.
3) Say daily prayers, even if not Catholic.
4) After your home sells, remember to dig up St. Joseph and proudly take him to your new home.
Congratulations, Darbyduff! Your new home in The Villages is beautiful and St. Joseph has a new place of honor ----beats being upside down buried in CO.

GO ROCKIES GO ROCKIES GO ROCKIES

jadebox
10-21-2007, 07:39 PM
I ordered a St Joseph statue on Ebay. Should receive it before too long. Sure hope it helps my son sell his place in Recreation Plantation. He wants to move closer to Orlando where his true love lives.

Hyacinth Bucket
10-31-2007, 07:38 PM
Hi,

I just read this article in the WSJ http://online.wsj.com/public/article/SB119370066239175607.html

and thought you might be interested in it.

HB

brandonma5
11-03-2007, 10:01 PM
My house up north was on the market for many months without a nibble. The day that I buried a picture of St Joseph I sold my house.

F16 1UB
11-04-2007, 02:37 PM
Okay I must have fouled up somewhere. Buried St. Joey at our house & daughters. I just switched realtors after 120 days. Daughter closes on the sale of her house Nov 16th. Think I'll buy a bottlle of wine and a loaf of bread. Excuse me I'm going fishing and maybe if I'm lucky enough to catch something I can tie the 3 together and work a miracle.

Steve :)

GERALDINE
11-06-2007, 03:42 AM
I left St. Joseph still buried in our front yard of our home in northern Michigan. He did do a good job for us though. Do you think he's upset with us for leaving him?

Where can I buy another one locally?

GERALDINE
11-07-2007, 05:53 PM
Well, I'm a firm believer in all things that I don't understand! I too am a Christian and I was thinking that as much as God has to worry about these days all over the world, the last thing I want to do is burden him with the sale of our house.

Anyway, it's been 1.5 weeks since St Joseph went "under" and so far, not a showing. And we have the type of house that our Realtor told us when he listed it the first of April.."This house will go in less than a month"

But I still believe!!

I'm so glad for all of you that have sold your home and are living my husband and my dream of living in TV.

(Did you notice a bit of sarcasm there???? ha ha) No really, I am happy for all of you!!! Like my husband says.."It will happen when it happens" or wait, maybe that was Yogi B.!????

You're so right Darby... All things happen in God's time and not ours. We are trying to sell our house here in TV and return to Michigan to care for 4 ailing parents. We had it listed with The Villages, but recently cancelled and went For Sale By Owner to be able to lower the price $15K. We're anxious for it to sell, as we're needed up north...but I know that God will get us there in HIS time and that it will all work out according to HIS plan.

May God Bless you and your husband and may you know that he's NEVER too busy to hear our prays and our desires. We just have to cleanse our hearts of "our" desires so that we can be receptive to what he's saying to us.

Where do you live?

GERALDINE
11-07-2007, 06:04 PM
I would love to talk to anyone who has buried St. Joseph (whether it worked or not) for a possible newspaper story in the Daily Sun. You can share your story via email (please include a contact number): Gary.Corsair@thevillagesmedia.com Looking forward to hearing from you.

Sooooo, if you do an article for the Daily Sun on "Burying St. Joseph" will "the powers that be" let you say you got your idea from TOTV????? Seems they don't like our little "Chats" !!!

chuckinca
11-16-2007, 08:41 PM
Can't let St Joe slip into depths of TOTV

bump

jadebox
11-17-2007, 12:32 AM
Since burying St Joesph yesterday my son has had two calls but no luck so far on selling. One person wanted to rent and the other wanted the address to drive by. Still 2 calls after no calls for weeks is good. Maybe the next one will be a buyer.

F16 1UB
11-17-2007, 02:16 AM
First open house this Sunday Nov 18. Fingers crossed. BTW my daughter sold and closed on her house. Will let ya know if St Joey shines. Am not concentrating on St Joey but more so on Redwitch. Put a word in with St Joeys BIG BOSS to have Redwitch back in shape soon. We can always sell a house.

Steve

Caper
11-17-2007, 03:16 AM
I was told to bury a statue of St. Joseph when I wanted to sell my house in Nova Scotia. I buried him right side up at first and a few months later I was told he was supposed to be upside down. I buried another one upside down. Three years later the house finally sold.

chuckinca
11-17-2007, 04:00 AM
u gotta have it blessed and say the prayers

After the sale dig it up and put it on display in your new house

susie
11-17-2007, 12:59 PM
My mother's condo was on the market for nearly a year; I placed my little plastic statue way back under her kitchen cabinet and the condo sold within a month. My neighbor was anxious for a quick sale, she took my statue and placed it on her bookcase: had a contract within a week. Again, mysister-in-law's home is still on the market over a year later despite St. Joseph's intervention.

St. Joseph is the patron saint of home and family (as well as a happy death). As with anything of this nature, you've got to have some degree of faith and not treat it as a joke.

Peggy D
11-24-2007, 03:05 PM
I've got a St Joseph statue--now what?

Mine says it doesn't matter how it is buried (upside down, right-side up, front yard,
back yard, etc)

Any suggestions? Do we bury it now or when the house goes up for sale?
Difficult to sell a house at the shore when there is snow on the ground!!

Help, I'm desperate!!

conn8757
11-24-2007, 03:35 PM
Peggy - we just buried one on Thanksgiving too. Mine said it didn't matter where you buried it in the yard or how, but saying the prayer. I put mine out in a pretty area beside Crepe Myrtle and bird bath so I knew I could find it. Florida market is bad - but they do anticipate it will be one of the first to come back. Good luck to you in selling yours. We are thinking about reducing ours again.

Cinlite
11-24-2007, 06:14 PM
It is not the act of burying the statue that is the important aspect. The important aspect of the St. Joseph statue is praying for his intercession for the sale of your home. Not praying TO St. Joseph but asking him to PRAY FOR YOU to sell your home. The act of burying the statue I guess is the fun part, but the act of burying a statue will do absolutely nothing apart from a believing prayer. I was a Realtor for many years up north and it sure can't hurt. I have seen it work.....for what it is worth. I am a Catholic Christian and believe in the intercession of the Saints in heaven. :)

mmclover
11-27-2007, 02:58 PM
My house has been on the market since May, after reading all of these posts I googled St. Joseph Statue and lo and behold, you can actually buy a kit. Being brought up in an italian Catholic background, I have decided to take one of my many statues of St. Joseph I have in the house and bury him, or maybe I should buy a new one. My brother keeps tellin me we need a miracle, maybe this is just what we need.

Donna
11-27-2007, 04:23 PM
It is not the act of burying the statue that is the important aspect. The important aspect of the St. Joseph statue is praying for his intercession for the sale of your home. Not praying TO St. Joseph but asking him to PRAY FOR YOU to sell your home. The act of burying the statue I guess is the fun part, but the act of burying a statue will do absolutely nothing apart from a believing prayer. I was a Realtor for many years up north and it sure can't hurt. I have seen it work.....for what it is worth. I am a Catholic Christian and believe in the intercession of the Saints in heaven. :)

I agree with Cinlite..You must ask for St.Joe to help you, it is not like a coin in the fountain and the wish comes true..

I too buried Him back in NY..My house took 7 years to sell..I never thought it would sell..I am also a Catholic and some days I thought I was being disrespectful, and that was the reason the sale took so long..

If my Grandmother were alive, I would have never attempted to bury St.Joe, she would have buried me...

Prayers do work...Good Luck!

jmemc46
03-26-2008, 05:56 PM
Thank You everyone who responded to my post. I am having an open house this week-end wish me luck. I will say a pray for everyone trying to sell so we all can move to TV. Thanks for the Novenea I also started that. Jmemc

jmemc46
03-26-2008, 06:00 PM
Thank You, I am also starting a novinea. I am having an open house this sunday,wish me luck
JMEMC