PDA

View Full Version : Is Senior Citizen here visiting?

graciegirl
08-21-2013, 06:30 AM
She hasn't posted for days.

It would be nice to have a get together to meet her.

Anyone in contact with her?

ajbrown
08-21-2013, 06:40 AM
The fact that I know this answer is a wake up call that I may be spending too much time on TOTV :024:.

I do not know senior except by TOTV, but I know from a recent thread she posted, she is on vacation in ME with her family until this weekend. Now where is that logout button ....

Love2cruise
08-21-2013, 06:54 AM
The fact that I know this answer is a wake up call that I may be spending too much time on TOTV :024:.

I do not know senior except by TOTV, but I know from a recent thread she posted, she is on vacation in ME with her family until this weekend. Now where is that logout button ....

That was funny! Actually I was wondering the same thing, I was looking forward to some more recipes.

senior citizen
08-24-2013, 08:44 PM

DougB
08-24-2013, 08:47 PM
So, other than that, what have you been up to?

CaptJohn
08-24-2013, 09:10 PM
Gracie,
Notice how everyone gets off track and hijacks threads?
The answer to your question is: No, she is not visiting TV! :laugh:

senior citizen
08-24-2013, 09:18 PM

DougB
08-24-2013, 09:21 PM
Sounds like you need some time out in The Villages

senior citizen
08-24-2013, 09:25 PM

senior citizen
08-24-2013, 09:32 PM

CFrance
08-24-2013, 09:32 PM
Ayup. And those Maine lobstah's as they call them, were delicious.
Then we get home today and read in our local piled up newspapers that Maine lobstah has some type of disease........at $29.00 and up per dish.

A bit of trivia.........the one day it did get to 90 degrees in Maine, it was only showing 74 on the I-phone for THE VILLAGES. The rest of our days were sunny but in the 70's with no humidity, a high barometer and GORGEOUS blue skies.........no rain at all.

I don't know what the h*** Villages your iPhone was showing, but it sure wasn't any 74 here, fer sure. Maybe at 3:00 am?

Schaumburger
08-25-2013, 03:29 AM
senior citizen, It sounds like you and your husband had a wonderful vacation with your family. Thank you for the post.

senior citizen
08-25-2013, 06:24 AM

senior citizen
08-25-2013, 06:34 AM

senior citizen
08-25-2013, 07:29 AM

CFrance
08-25-2013, 04:23 PM
I don't know what the h*** Villages your iPhone was showing, but it sure wasn't any 74 here, fer sure. Maybe at 3:00 am?

My husband's latest model i-phone showed all the current "at the time" temps in Vermont, Maine, Colorado and THE VILLAGES FLORIDA. It was overcast and raining in TV when that temp was shown.

I understand what you are saying. We've lived in Florida and summers were hot and humid all the time. We've actually met Floridians over the past 50 years who were vacationing in Maine (wishing they could move there) who believed that the temps shown for Florida are NOT ACCURATE.

Even in the beautiful month of April and or May.....high noon was intense sun. We'd have to get off the beach by 10 a.m. So, I do "hear you" re temperatures in August.

However, you are rewarded come winter time.

Senior C, I just read what I posted, and I apologize. It sounded really harsh. I noticed it was 10:32 pm. Perhaps I was watching either the Pirates or the Steelers lose, a-gain. :rant-rave: But otherwise, no excuse for my rude reply. You always have informative posts, and I always enjoy reading them. And I still plan on digging out the tiramisou cake recipe for you when our extra cabs are finally installed.

Again, so sorry. According to my car, your husbands iPhone may have been off by 20 degrees. But I don't mind the heat down here at all. It's our first summer here, but at least I know it's going to be hot, and I can plan for it. In MI you never knew from one year to the next what kind of spring/summer you will get. This year's was awful when we were there from mid May to July 4. 60s and raining.

We've been at Maine Maritime Academy (Castine) in March watching our son play Lacrosse in snow and fog--hard to see the field from the stands! We were in Maine one August 39 years ago, camping. It was beautiful.

manaboutown
08-25-2013, 09:52 PM
I have stayed in Kennebunk and kennebunkport, visited the Wells Auto Museum and stuffed myself on lobster. It is a wonderful area in which to spend some time in late summer!

I have also (successfully) hunted white tail deer on the edges on Baxter State Park. Beautiful!

senior citizen
08-27-2013, 05:35 AM

PaPaLarry
08-27-2013, 06:13 AM
You should write a book Senior. Glad you had a good "Family" fun vacation

senior citizen
08-27-2013, 06:40 AM