PDA

View Full Version : Ambien

needleptdoc
06-19-2007, 03:06 PM
I just picked up Rx at Target Pharmacy on rolling acres . 30 Tablets of GENERIC ambien 10 mg they charged me $109. Drugstore .com was $19.00 for the exact same thing. Be careful of pharmacys in the villages . They take advantage of elderly people. That is thievery if I ever saw it !!!!

Avista
08-22-2007, 08:32 AM
I'm now on Medicare, but prior to that the best prices for RX that I found was Sam's Club. (You don't need to be a member to use their pharmacy.) They haven't opened her yet, but will soon.

jjdees
08-22-2007, 05:47 PM
Go to costco.com and click on pharmacy.. You can look up the prices of most any drug on line. I know that the markup on generic drugs is about 10% at Costco, much much lower than at CVS, Walgreens, and the other big pharmacy chains. You do not have to be a member to use the pharmacy. I don't know how their prices compare to Sam's because Sam's doesn't publish their prices. The only down side with Costco is they're in Orlando.

jjdees
08-22-2007, 05:56 PM
I just checked Costco's price on Ambien. The name brand is $133.12 for 30 at 10mg. The generic is Zolpidem Tartrate, 30 at 10mg is $12.47.

Avista
08-22-2007, 06:26 PM
Once Sam's opens here, you can always call for prices. Our son in law is a pharmacist at a Sam's and always tells me their prices are much lower.

samhass
09-15-2007, 11:42 PM
Isn't Walmart supposed to have some $4.00 generic plan?

efrahin
10-31-2007, 07:10 PM
Be careful with AMBIEN, please read the side effects. My doctor prescribed it for me because of insomnia and when I read the side effects I trough it in a drawer and do not intend to get addicted to any drug at this time in my life. My co-pay on that was $45.00 but I considered well wasted.

Sidney Lanier
02-13-2008, 12:23 AM
A big thing has been made about Wal-Mart offering generic prescriptions at $4 each. What's NOT publicized is that they have a specific list of generics that they cover at $4. That is, it's not all generics! Before you drop off a prescription for a generic at a Wal-Mart pharmacy, check to be sure it's one that's covered in their $4 list....

Agree about Ambien, from what I've heard. Scary stuff!

JohnN
02-19-2008, 02:57 PM
IMPORTANT - as efrahim says, be careful with ambien and all sleeping meds,

if you read the data, it says this stuff should only be used for 10 days.
But the docs prescribe and refill it.

I had cancer, bad treatments, and couldn't sleep. After taking this for a month at 1/2 dose, I started having dizzy spells and fainted and hit the floor a couple of times, and broke a rib.

And it takes awhile (weeks) for the side effects to stop. Be very careful out there.