PDA

View Full Version : Granite Countertop and Tile Floors

poromo
08-28-2013, 08:38 AM
We closed on a Zinnia model in May and elected to get laminate countertops and vinyl floors. Now, we'd like to install granite countertops in the kitchen and bathrooms and ceramic tile everywhere but the bedrooms.
Can anyone recommend a contractor for each job? Would anyone have a ballpark figure as to the cost of the granite countertops and tile floor in a designer model home? Thanks.

l2ridehd
08-28-2013, 09:40 AM
I have done granite in the kitchens and baths of two homes. Both times I used Duncan Stone in Taveras. I would highly recommend them. If you use the search feature on here and search on granite, you will find several threads on the subject and many have pictures. Duncan Stone is also recommended by many others as you will find doing the search.

Snookie
08-28-2013, 09:57 AM
We closed on a Zinnia model in May and elected to get laminate countertops and vinyl floors. Now, we'd like to install granite countertops in the kitchen and bathrooms and ceramic tile everywhere but the bedrooms.
Can anyone recommend a contractor for each job? Would anyone have a ballpark figure as to the cost of the granite countertops and tile floor in a designer model home? Thanks.

We are installing granite counter tops as I write this. The guys are in the house now.

We are using Reedy in Leesburg for both. They came highly recommended to us.

If you go through Lowe's or Home Depot, they tag on about an extra $1,000 to the price you can get it foe at other places.

The granite is a 2.

Our house is a Camellia and we are doing the granite in the kitchen, both bathrooms and the laundry room and the price is $7,400. The laminate is going in the 3 bedroom and also in the closets, and that is $3,400. The price on the granite includes the new sinks.

poromo
08-28-2013, 11:39 AM
Snookie,
Thanks for the estimate. Does the price include a granite backsplash? If yes, does it go from the counter to the bottom of the cabinets?
Thanks